Over MyCase

MyCase is een complete oplossing voor casusbeheer - beheer documenten, contactpersonen, agenda's, e-mails, taken en facturen op een centrale locatie.

Meer informatie over MyCase

The efforts to fully integrate MyCase with other platforms and the continued efforts of the MyCase staff to provide more functions at the request of its users is the thing I enjoy most about MyCase.

The reports could be easier to follow/understand. It seems all the reports would be related, but it gets confusing.

Beoordelingen van MyCase

Waar voor je geld

MyCase heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 409 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je MyCase eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (409)

M. wayne T.
M. wayne T.
Co-Owner, Attorney in VS

Easy and Efficient Case Management

5 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Majken B.
Adminstration in VS

MyCase Daily User Experience

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Cassie B.
Attorney (Managing Member) in VS

Great product

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great! Love it. Do and will continue to highly recommend it.

I love the ability to modify types of cases and fit the program to our ever-changing needs. I don't believe there is any other case management system with this level of flexibility. I also like that MyCase is a one stop shop. All our time entries, billing, documents and calendars are in one place.

I wish editing documents was a bit simpler. Editing in the program is cumbersome and if you download then edit, you have to re-load the document. I don't know if the technology exists to make this any better at this point, and it has certainly improved since we began using MyCase.

Erin B.
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Okay for a very small firm

3 2 jaar geleden

The client portal feature of the software is great. (Although we got a lot of complaints about the app.)

The company rolls out updates CONSTANTLY and they don't seem to beta test any of them first! There are constantly issues. I can't even pull accurate reports, I informed the company of the issue over a year ago and they still haven't corrected it, so I can't pull accurate income or billable reports. They seem more interested in releasing "the next big thing" rather than focusing on basics and standard functionality, which is disappointing. Such as the calendar- it seems standard to be able to drag an event to a new time frame, have alerts, etc, but features on basics like that are missing. We tried to work with the developers and made the software work as long as possible, but in the end we made the decision to switch.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Erin, thank you for your honest review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, it is one of our primary goals at MyCase to add high-value features based on feedback from customerrs like you. A member of our product team has reached out to hear more about your firm's needs so that we can better partner with you moving forward. We hope to continue our partnership and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Willem galen G.
Attorney- Law Firm Owner in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

It's easy to use and you can start simply and add features

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have practiced for a long time. When I began I worked for a big firm that valued tracking billing time above all else. This was a good experience. When I started my firm I was always good at keeping track of time. Mycase makes it easier. A lawyer rarely bills all their time. But tracking every minute should be the goal. Integration of docu-sign and ability to keep all data about a case within the software makes for more efficient practice.

The time recording, case/contact data storage, docusign, billing features are what I started using. I used abacus before cloud based practice mgt software was available. I have used Clio. Mycase is more intuitive than other practice mgt software programs with which I have experience. It is easier to use. I was slow to use some of the better features like templates. I realized that I could distinguish my firm by completing tasks quicker than average for the industry. Using electronic data forms allows us to obtain relevant data from customer and swiftly prepare the pleadings necessary to initiate case or respond to case and to prepare pleadings for requesting temporary relief orders from the court. We are continuing to explore the use of templates. Our goal is to have the petition or response, the declaration regarding minors, the income and expense declaration, the request for orders all template based. Having calendar synced is good. Having email synced is great. Ensures all time is considered for billing.

Slightly more detail on creation of templates from judicial council forms would be helpful. I imagine CA is a big market. CA has court approved forms for civil litigation and family law. Family law is the most form driven area of CA state litigation. Why not pre-load Petition FL-100, Summons FL-110, Response FL-120, Declaration re Minors FL-105, Income and Expense Declaration FL-150, Request for Orders FL-300, Responsive Decl Request for Orders FL-320, Asset and Debt Declarations FL-142 and FL-160 into mycase? If you do you will have a marketing tool for family law attorneys.

Andrew D.

Essential Tool for a Law Firm

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Client invoicing and time tracking make this product stand out.

The program does everything we need it to do. I cannot think of anything to change.

Lois B.

Overwogen alternatieven:

I use the software and recommend it

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Wonderful. Very responsive to my needs

I am more efficient with the software than without

Sometimes it slows me down but then I email them and they tweak it and speed it back up.

Ryan H.

Love love love my case

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to use and set up, does everything I need it to do, perfect for my practice

Phone app doesn’t include color codes on calendar function.

Craig R.

Amazing

Opmerkingen: Excellent!

Amazing legal software. It comes highly recommended.

I can't think of anything. maybe automatic document generation

Caleb P.
Boss in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Easily the best case management software on the market

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Functionality. Easy to learn, easy to use.

There are no down sides, besides it does not tell you lead attorney in the app.

Brent H.

A Great Product That Continues to Grow and Bring Value

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: MyCase has provided the opportunity for my firm to coordinate activity between staff, set and track critical date, as well as maintain an overall awareness of the business from a financial standpoint.

Ease of use. Receptiveness to adding services and options. The ability to track leads. Dropbox integration. Billing is institutive.

Would like top see the options in the mobile app catchup with the online capabilities, especially accepting payments.

Margaret M.
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Mycase has made billing so much easier

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The biggest problem it solved for me was prompt invoicing and trust account management.

Very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent online tutorials and telephone support. I can put invoices together so quickly and I have all of my contacts and important info at my fingertips. Also, available for use on my iPad. I've recommended mycase to other attorneys.

I wish it integrated with my automated forms. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up my use of mycase because I found another practice management software which works with my automated forms which means that I only have to enter certain information once. It is unfortunate because I don't like the new practice management software as much.

Mark N.

Ease of Use and Best in Class

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

Rachelle S.

Love the system

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I’m very very happy with mycase.

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar. It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open invoices to see the details. I’ve noticed I can’t open signed documents on my phone either (that I’ve had clients sign through mycase) I can only open unsigned ones. Inputting client court dates into the calendar from the phone is tricky too because it is easy to skip over checking the clients box or other attorneys to appear as you have to go into each individual one. Whereas on the computer this process is very easy. So there are some definitely necessary updates in the mobile app part of this.

Alan D.
Alan D.

MyCase Legal Case Management Review

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MyCase has allowed us to provide more detailed information internally for each case, given our clients more interaction with their case, and communication flows well using the messaging function, payment can be easier (we use the e-check function, which is currently free with the software), and having a central system for the office makes it easier for us to work from multiple locations. There are many features we use, including the MyCase app for our firm, tasks, calendar, notes and checklists for each case, and many others. Although there are some features that need work to be useful to our firm (reporting, intake forms, and tasks, and some integrations), MyCase overall is well worth it for our small firm. MyCase is very open and eager to receive feedback from users, and incorporates updates regularly, which improves the system, and have seen my feedback implemented into the system. Customer Service in my experience is excellent, and timely. I highly recommend MyCase.

Bank grade encryption of data and documents. Ability to give clients access to their own portal, which is very easy to use, and allows them to upload documents directly to the system with drag and drop function. Clients can message securely, have their own calendar for case related events, our firm can task clients with a checklist, and they can pay online. The Client secure access was a major reason we switched to MyCase in 2012.

I prefer to have more robust reporting functionality as it relates to managing cases by dates, and other case data. The reporting function exists but is not developed enough to capture all the data I prefer in my case management reports. Email integration is not ideal, but I understand a major upgrade is coming soon.

Margy W.
Legal Assistant/Executive Assisgtant in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth the cost of the software, even if that was all I was going to use it for. I cannot stress enough how awesome the task management is. I'm so obsessed that I literally ran out of characters above. I also want to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT to MyCase's support team. I have had lengthy conversations with them about various issues that have come up on my end (generally not glitches, but requests I have for making MyCase more disability-accessible, etc.) and the team has never let me down. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has been friendly, professional, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. They take good care of me and I can see from updates that they are always working to improve the user experience. I am just SO PLEASED with MyCase. I am a convert and sing its praises to anyone who will listen (and often to those who won't!).

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why: 1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful. 2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy. 3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would. 4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything. 1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed. 2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go. 3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Chris D.
Partner in VS

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

5 3 jaar geleden

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case. 3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

Tray P.
attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

review

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program.
Streamling

Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

Jill G.

Paperless functionality

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

Grace S.
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

4 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere; --my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office --it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time --the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case --the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

3 jaar geleden

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

Owner in VS

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends to my clients and goes to outlook. One less thing for me to remember to do. I need to do better with tagging, but clients can send me discovery documents, I can send them documents to review, we can see the changes between versions. I upload the final product, and my clients get their entire case file as it progresses, and have one location where they can view everything that's happened. I also like that I can tell when a client has logged on, so if they haven't and I need them to respond, I can follow up. That eliminates the "lost in the ether" issues that crop up.

There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up. More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase. Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

Juanita H.

Small but mighty

5 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Mycase. I use it for everything. I use it to chat with staff, message clients, email courts, I store documents that I can attach to emails all while never leaving MyCase. It's a one stop shop.

I love that the software is user friendly. If you can use Facebook, you can use MyCase. Older clients are always hesitant until they use it for the first time. It makes client communications (regardless of method--text, call, e-mail, message) simple to maintain and to track. My staff and I can stay on the same page about what is being communicated to clients because it's all in the case file!

The third party integrations could use some work. MyCase doesn't allow for Zapier and so it means things are a little less automatic and requires a person to go in and do things. Some times that is a bit time consuming. They have added a number of third party integrations that are phenomenal.

Michelle D.

Overwogen alternatieven:

Robust program that keeps improving

5 3 jaar geleden

I've used MyCase since mid-2012 and it keeps getting better. It has helped me be able to grow from a solo practice into a multi-attorney boutique firm. They are constantly adding and improving features, and actively seek customer feedback to provide features that users want. As a business owner, the impact it has had on clients paying on time is tremendous. Clients have a very positive view as well - they love being able to log in at any time of day to get updates, post documents or leave notes for us. Cannot say enough good things about MyCase.

Nothing comes to mind at the moment......

Brianna m. F.
Taxation Accountant in VS

Best Business Software Around -- And We've Tried Them ALL

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not sure who's working hard or hardly working?
Can't remember how many "preferred clients" received discounts?
Want to know how much of a loss you've taken on a case or by providing pro-bono work?
MyCase solves all of these issues and more!

- The Customer Service representatives are 100,000/10. - Access ANYWHERE on ANY device. - Continually improving EVERY aspect to maintain its prestige position as the BEST CRM available.

The only MyCase change that I have ever disliked was the background color going from dark blue to white; it is difficult for low and limited-vision persons, like myself, to see some of the fine print details. Thank goodness for zoom!

3 jaar geleden

Thank you, Brianna, for taking the time to share your positive experience! It is great to hear that MyCase is solving real-time problems for your firm. We have received your feedback on our UI design, and will take this into account with updates moving forward. We look forward to our continued partnership, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback.

Erika L.
Paralegal/Office Manager in VS

Great product

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mycase provides our clients control and open access to all aspects of their case. It has helped streamline communication, document signing and invoicing. It was easy to set up and continues to be updated with new features that help our practice run smoothly. Highly recommend for a small firm that does not/cannot invest thousands up front in case management software.

Quick and easy to set up. If you can navigate facebook or social media, you can navigate mycase. Client's ability to have secure access to their electronic file, all appointments, court dates etc. cuts down on calls/emails asking for documents or to confirm when an appointment is leaving staff time open for more meaningful (and billable) work. Interface allows clients to upload their own documents to the file as well. Invoicing, tracking tools for billable hour goals, online payments and easy to create reports brings valuable information to the firm. Also love that they are constantly updating features based on user feedback. For example - we have the ability to text message with clients now, which is a great way to communicate with those client's who wouldn't otherwise use email etc.

Some of the integration features we are not using. I prefer to keep my quickbooks separate for example. Some of the clients have brought concerns about being able to access from a mobile device. The app for users needs some updating as not all features are available or user friendly.