ACTIVE Camps reviews

Over ACTIVE Camps

ACTIVE Network wordt vertrouwd door meer dan 3000 kamp- en naschoolse organisatoren en is de toonaangevende leverancier van online kampmanagementsoftware.

Meer informatie over ACTIVE Camps

Sometimes cannot adapt to special needs. Registration says sold out when there are still open spots.

Beoordelingen van ACTIVE Camps

Waar voor je geld

ACTIVE Camps heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 56 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je ACTIVE Camps eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (56)

Jennifer e. M.
Jennifer e. M.
Department of Youth and Young Adult Ministries, Program Administrator in VS

The ACTIVE network has been such a great help for online registration for our church summer camps.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

The registration reports are easy to run and informative. Registrants receive automated confirmation emails with the required paperwork for them to print, complete and upload right to their family portal. We can send group email reminders with the click of a button.

We run two summer camp programs in different states, and need to log in and out to go between the programs. I wish we could "toggle" between the two camps.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it's great to hear that our reports and email reminders have been such timesavers for you! We really appreciate the 5 stars, and hope your summer camps are going well!

Megan M.
Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs in VS

Active is very user friendly. I enjoy setting up new seasons and curtailing the details to my needs

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I love the fact that no matter what type of program I'm setting up, whether it is summer camp or an after-school activity, I can create the registration to fit my needs. Being able to design the registration allows for a streamlined report running process. Active's customer service is attentive and has answered of all my questions and more! Sometimes, I'm given multiple answers and I'm able to pick the one that works best for our programs.

The Active program could benefit from not always reverting back to the default when running reports.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for the review Megan, it's great to hear that our customer service team has been so helpful for you. Be sure to follow us on Facebook if you aren't already for even more helpful content like videos and how-to guides: https://www.facebook.com/letstalkcamps/

David J.
Program Director in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

Doesn't Scale and No Support

2,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: They really are heartless with camps. When COVID hit and we can to cancel camps, I had to cancel each person individually, which was a multiple click and load process. I asked for some support to help and they would do it for $750. Now, there is some hold on my account and they won't release registration fees to me and I have been waiting for weeks for accounting to confirm there is no issue. And they won't even venture a guess as to times.

Easy to get going, but it doesn't scale to more than a few camp sessions.

There is little support for camp sessions of the same type. It would be nice if they let you define a camp and then run it for several weeks. Instead you need to make many copies and update the copies and they change over the summer.

Lindsay H.
COO in VS
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Camp + Class Manager, my favorite co-worker

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been with active for over 12 years, I love their customer service, their software, and their dedication to bringing healthy lifestyles to people all over. It's a wonderful company.

I like that once the initial set up is done, I can update everything myself. I love the ease of being able to change things on the fly, pull reports, and see the data I need.

I have a hard time when reconciling the finances at the end, but that could be user error as well.

Benjamin J.
Director in VS
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers

ACTIVE NETWORK IS GREAT!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We saved probably $2,000 in man hours the first summer we used it. Now that everything is setup we going to save even more money. Also out accountants really like the way the money is handled and it improved out audit scores. Which was really nice!

Our team liked that the software is designed for camps programs. So many programs are trying to sell you something that was designed to register college students, or volunteers for company out reach days. ACTIVE knows camps and there support people know camps so they are able to really meet our needs as large camping programs.

The pop up adds have bothered some of our customers. Active was AMAZING to remove the request for camp insurance because it did not work with our program. This was more than I could have hoped for. They have always done what they say they will do. Also the fee is low so I can't complain to much...

Barry C.
Eductaor in VS

The Best Active

5,0 3 jaar geleden

This software is amazing. Active Camps uses software that is easily integrated into your own product or files. As a business owner, I was able to aimlessly transfer files with ease. Their customer service team merged the files together in an aimless process. They work with you as the customer and make sure everything is done with high precision.

Honestly, I don't have a major compliant about the product. Everything is done with professionalism, the graphics are awesome on their platform and its easy to use. My parents use the platform to register their child for camp, and I have not received any complaints.

Kim L.
Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Choosing ACTIVE was one of my BEST decisions as a Camp/Preschool Director.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

This software was extremely easy to navigate through and learn the ins and outs. My roster for preschool and summer camp hovers around 300 families and their registration process was smooth. I am able to do so many things like assign classes/groups, print reports, review waitlists and so much more.

The ONLY thing I did not like was that families were automatically enrolled in the ACTIVE site which cost a yearly fee that was charged to their credit card and many of them had no idea.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for your comments Kim, we're so happy to hear how easy it was to get started with ACTIVE Camps! Thanks again for your review, and for all that you do in getting kids more active!

Clinton S.
Clinton S.
Volunteer in VS
Sport, 11-50 werknemers

SPoT Loves Active Camps

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Secure payments and mobile friendliness sealed the deal.

Mobile friendliness was a huge feature that we needed for our camp software. Active allowed us to be mobile friendly right out of the box.

The email section would benefit from a mail to non-openers after a campaign has been sent.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for the 5-star review Clinton, we're happy that our native mobile capabilities could be such a game-changer for you.

Randy S.
Randy S.
Head Softball Coach in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Very easy for college camps

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I run all of our camps through ACTIVE Camps. It gives me all the reports I need to satisfy NCAA and university regulations.

Its really to set up and run all of my camps through ACTIVE Camps.

Once you figure out where all the features are, adding additional camps is really easy.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks for the 5-star review Randy, it's great to hear we've been able to help you with reporting and compliance!

Madi M.
Madi M.
Program Services Director in VS
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 51-200 werknemers

No problems!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had their team reach out to me about using Active for my camp, but we already use a software that we're happy with. Their customer service is great though, and if I were looking for a new software, I'd heavily consider Active Camps!

I like how easy it is to sign up for an event, and they have a broad range of customers that use the software. When I go to sign up for something and they use Active, my registration is always so quick and easy.

I really can't think of a con to Active that I've come across.

Debra S.
Vice President in VS

We use ACTIVE for registration for swing dance classes and ticket pre-purchase for certain events.

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Once you get it set up, it's really easy to create new class sessions. Some functions are ridiculously easy. Using ACTIVE has been a real time-saver in many ways.

Our package seems to be oriented towards parents enrolling their children. Our classes are attended almost exclusively by adults and there is a lot of push-back about having to supply birthdate. Also, too many clicks in the registration process. Some clients have gotten caught in an automatic enrollment in the ACTIVE discount program, which many have felt was fraudulent.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers, and we¿re always looking for ways to improve our product and user experience. We¿re so happy to hear Active Class & Camp Manager is making your new class session setup easy. I have shared your feedback with our internal teams and once again, thank you for this valuable feedback.

Charles S.
Executive Director in Canada

Active Camps software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Has become indispensable to our operations

We have used Active for our camps programs for many years, and are very pleased with its functionality, reliability, speed and support

There is a learning curve; not unexpected given the complexity of the functionality

Mitch K.
Owner in VS
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Support has been great

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Makes my life easier. Easy to use. Eliminates the old paper and check method. Rather versatile. Strong levels of support

5 jaar geleden

Mitch, thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on our camp management solution. Your feedback is integral to our continued development and we are happy Active Camp & Class Manager makes your job a little easier.

Greg S.
Camps Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

The Active Network camps registration system

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience. Outstanding customer service.

Easy to learn how to set up and easy to manage

It took a couple years to get the financial reports to match the data we needed. The problem was solved and the system now works perfectly.

Warren C.
Owner in Canada
Commercieel vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

Saves time easy to use

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It has really saved a lot of time and made the organization more efficient. The software is easy to use

Our customers had a bit of an issue switching to this system bit once on It all is good.

5 jaar geleden

Thanks you for the review, we are happy to hear that your organization is saving time and becoming more efficient using Active Camp and Class Manager. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and keep a look out for exciting new releases.

Heidi E.
Founder/Director in VS

Great for Camps!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Active Camp & Class Manager has saved me hundreds of hours each year! Most of my business is run directly through the platform, which keeps everything in one place and is easy to access and manage. It could also help transition the operation to other workers if/when necessary.

It's easy to use, intuitive and has most necessary features

I would like to see a few more added features such as mobile app for camp & class manager, portal to manage volunteers and staff and more cross-promotion across the platform with other camps/services.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for the 5 stars Heidi, it's great to hear that you're finding Camp & Class Manager so easy to use!

Ashley B.
Admin Director in VS
Recreatieve faciliteiten en diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Effective Solution

5,0 4 jaar geleden

This software is a big step up from our previous camp and class management system. The financial reporting feature is especially helpful because you can customize reports and pull income by GL code for your accountant. The waitlist feature is a lifesaver - no more paper waitlists!

I wish that the email history on customer pages actually included ALL the emails sent to an individual/family. They are improving but I've found quite a few bugs since using this system.

Stephanie H.
Family & Consumer Sciences in VS
2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Great simplicity in the software

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A must have from large to small camps, will take the headache of booking away

I love the simplicity in the program, makes the whole process from parent, marketing, booking and everything a breeze.

Absolutely amazing software, other than not being free I have no complaints about this software at all.

Mike M.
Director/Partner in VS
Entertainment, 11-50 werknemers

Ease of Registration

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Simple and practical for customers and administrators. Ease of registration for families and access to great reports for our staff.

Easy for customers to use. Simple easy access reporting.

That I did not start using it sooner. I am completely satisfied with the system.

Audrey H.
Manager in VS
2-10 werknemers

A lifesaver all around

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great product and service!

I really enjoyed the feedback from parents on how easy and quick it was to book the classes they wanted and log in.

No cons that I can think of... The price is a little more than I usually pay but it was well worth it in time savings.

John F.
Owner in VS

DON'T DO IT!!!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Software and services are good, just like every other company out. The problem is they don't want to send you the registration money. My first remittance payment wasn't sent and I had to bring it to there attention. Active managed to hang on to that money for an additional week, which is bad when they already hold on to your registration money for 2+ weeks. On my third remittance payment, they closed the business day based on UTC, which is 7 hours earlier than where I live. So to make it simple, I have registrations come in on 11/30 and will now receive that money on 12/21 or 12/22. First time I've ever had to file a complaint with the Dept. of Consumer Affairs,​ but felt it necessary after my situation.

Does what it says it does. People are nice.

They'll do whatever they can to hold on to your money for as long as they can. 3 remittance payments in and 2 of them have had issues.

Sarah K.
Chief Administrating Officer in VS
Sport, 11-50 werknemers

Wonderful Software with Expensive Pricing Set Up

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Some parts were easy and some parts challenging ,but overall, we have a better deal with the new company and keep more of what we make.

The functionality allowed for lots of choices specific to our company and how we listed our offerings. We could allocate multiple skill levels to each class and create platforms - with the help of their wonderful support staff - and edit easily on our own. Also, at the time, the system was not compatible with Chrome and had crashed on us a few times when we opened enrollment. Eventually, they would have staff at the ready when we opened enrollment to help if things went south. The system also could not handle the traffic we created and people would be in a virtual line waiting to get their enrollment complete - sometimes losing the spot in the class they wanted while they were waiting.

The pricing set up was based on our income and not just a monthly charge. The more we made, the more they made. We left because of this. We moved to iClass Pro to get a simple monthly charge and the more we made, the more we made.

Donna H.
Administrative Assistant in VS

Great customer service. Prompt, easy to use.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software is very flexible. We find that it meets and exceeds our needs. It is so nice not to have to handle our own registration. We have no complaints!

Our camp families find it easy to register their kids for camp! We receive virtually no calls regarding technical issues. Thank you!

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on Active Camp & Class Manager. ACTIVE Network is on a mission to make the world a more active place, so we are happy to hear our solutions help your camp families with an easy registration process.

Paula G.
Development and Community Relations Coordinator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Active Camps

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Once you learn it, it's easy to maneuver around and help customers with their registrations. Transferring in and out of classes is easy. Email is easy.

The registration process was not as user-friendly as it could be for customers. Many customers put their own names in where their student's (registrant) name should be. That was by far my biggest customer-service issue.

Stephane M.
President in VS
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Great software for sports camps registrations

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: mobile friendly, speed, ease to use from customers.

mobile friendly, speed, security, ease of use for database, easy set up, fast payments, great customer service and support.

need more flexibility in the system, as it is recent it will happen in the next few months. More options needed with multiple camps.