Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over ActiveCollab

ActiveCollab is dé projectbeheersoftware die je de volledige controle over je werk geeft. Krijg eindelijk het echte werk gedaan!

Meer informatie over ActiveCollab

Onboarding is easy, interface is easy to use and understanding. It's also one of the cheapest option in the market.

Out of the box it is missing things that I would have expected to be present.

Beoordelingen van ActiveCollab

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

ActiveCollab heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 401 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je ActiveCollab eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (401)

Aleksandar
Aleksandar
C# Developer in Noord-Macedonië
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Perfect Project management tool.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: ActiveCollab is one of the best, if not the best project management tool that I have ever used and I have jumped from one to another tool for different projects and project types. If offers so many features, perfect dashboard, milestone preview, calendar, planner, contact details, time tracking and much more. While it is perfect for managing many different types of projects, this is still not the perfect tool for managing software development projects. The only reason for that would be, there is no (or that was not back then) an integration with Git or other version of control system. It was simply a missing feature back then.
I truly hope that nowadays the ActiveCollab team managed to improve and integrate such feature, but talking 6-7 years ago, that was the only downside that I can say about it. If for some reason that is still not available and you are into software development business, look for something else like Asana or Bitbucket.

Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview, calendars, time tracking tool are just a few of the features that make this software irreplaceable tool when it comes to project management.

Lack of integration with Git or another version of control system.

Mohamed
Senior Engineer in Marokko
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers

A simple Project Manager's review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall very smooth experience for me. Fast bandwidth. Bug free experience.

Project view grouping and filtering with grid and table layout. This is a killer feature for my use case.Very simple yet comprehensive overall system design. This is important for me as my coworkers came from different backgrounds.Activity View is very effective to have an overall view on what's going on without wasting a lot of time.Mobile Application gets the job done. No bugs, no unexpected behavior.

The optional GetPaid (invoicing and payment management) paid add-on is honestly not for me. It's a very nice and really good addition for more simple uses case like when we just started business, but It definitely needs more attention to fit our needs. We finally opted for a more specialized product to keep track of our finance.

Muhammad Suffian
System engineer in Italië
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

An Honest review from a system engineer

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I've had a good overall experience with ActiveCollab. Keeping track of tasks and projects is made easier by the software's ease of use and navigation. The ability to assign tasks to team members and establish deadlines is a terrific tool, and the design is clear and easy to use.

Despite all of ActiveCollab's good features, the one that I disliked the most was how little possibilities there were for layout and design customisation. Although the software had an easy-to-use interface, there weren't many choices for customising the appearance and feel to fit certain tastes or brand identities.

Mari-Nella
Owner in Namibië
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

It is a beautiful app but not that useful

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was nice in the beginning but I just soon realised I needed something with easier to use features and no hidden costs. Onces a app like this becomes too complicated to navigate or customise - you will not use it as you need to daily because of that hassle.

It is beautifully designed so initially it seemed easier to use and navigate. It had a client portal and I could track my jobs and invoice/do estimates all from one place.

It has hidden fees. Everywhere it advertises itself as only 7.50 a month. - But using the MAIN FEATURES OF WHY I WANTED THIS APP is extra, like invoicing, time tracking and using the client portal. This was not made clear initially. The client service is terrible. I would ask questions but there response was really terrible english language - not what I would expect from an international app that everyone should be able to understand. Especially a client service person called Darla. Terrible and rude manners and unhelpful.!

Reactie Active Collab

3 jaar geleden

We appreciate your honest feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had this experience with ActiveCollab. As for the pricing, additional features such as Invoicing, Time Estimates, Workload, Availability, etc., are listed in the GePaid bundle section, which is charged additionally and is not a part of the basic paid plan. You can check out our pricing on the official site here: https://activecollab.com/pricing

Obhioze
Member in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

A Fantazgreat and Exceptional Project and Work Management Platform.

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is very useful as it allows me to communicate and collaborate with my team on work schedules.

It is simple to organize and manage work and projects with activeCollab.I can easily track time used on projects and tasks with this tool.It is simple to plan work and projects with ActiveCollab.

I lack anything that is detestable with ActiveCollab as it meets all my requirements and needs.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Finally a project management system small businesses can afford

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been using ActiveCollab for around 4 years now and they continue to work on ways to fineness the tool for the better. The support team has always been very responsive -- although we have only had a few SOS calls they AC team reacted quickly and we were able to continue work with very little interruption.

Visually easy to see what projects and tasks are priority. I also love the budget tracker which allows me to make sure projects stay on budget. This program is extremely easy to learn to use as both an administrator and a day-to-day user. I have worked with so many project management systems in my career (some at a much higher price point) and ActiveCollab is a true competitor for a fraction of the cost.

When pulling invoices, I wish we had more options as to how to import the time entry notes. Because we require our team to place notes as to what they were doing for the hours logged - we do spend more time than desired editing invoices once the data is pulled in.

Religieuze instellingen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Self hosted or hosted, an excellent team tool

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have a global team that work on projects together, ActiveCollab keeps us progressing them.
We also use it for collaboration, requests and idea sharing.

We tried many alternatives, but the simplicity and the ability to self host won us over. Task lists, Kanban Style boards, Time tracking, Notifying and Assigning all work well.

I feel the file sharing (or at least referencing a file you have already uploaded) could be simpler. Apart from that we're really happy.

Jolie
Jolie
Visual Space & Training Manager in VS
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Active Collab makes working together simple

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My team is spread across the country and Active Collab allows us to work together on projects seamlessly. Our outside partners are also able to work with us easily.

Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders Pretty robust feature set Simple to access and easy to invite collaborators in & out of my company

Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team are responsive, they don't always believe that they've broken something

Uroš
Uroš
Owner in Servië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Very easy to use but packs a big punch

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience is absolutely positive. We get to plan out our projects, go through them daily, track everything, and at the end exactly know what to invoice the client. It really covers all the basis that we need in our process and we love it for that.

I really appreciate the simplicity and the power behind the features it delivers. On the surface, it offers just a list of tasks me and my team manage throughout our design and development process, but under the hood it offers task dependencies, estimates, time tracking and many other cool things that make it deceptively powerful.

Probably the speed of the app on some larger projects. It's lightning fast for everything small to medium, but on larger projects it can take a while to load everything.

Great all-in-one solution

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our team manages all of our projects through ActiveCollab, and that includes budgeting, tasks, and time management. Without it, we'd be lost in a sea of emails and Slack messages.

ActiveCollab is quite feature rich. We were able to consolidate multiple pieces of software into one.

Some of the menus are hard to find and I'd really like to see a comprehensive calendar approach to tasks, vs just per project.

Engineering Head in Indonesië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

The Right Project Management Tool for Small to Medium Sized Team

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's easy to use and worth the cost.

My team and I do really like the simplicity of the software. It helps us focus on doing the tasks rather than figuring out how to use the software correctly to assign tasks.

- Unmaintained mobile apps, both iOS and Android versions. - No function to duplicate tasks list. - Zipping attachments from a task to be downloaded, takes forever. - Bulk actions on tasks seem to need an improvement on UX so that it's more user friendly to use. Currently, we need to scroll up and down to choose the actions. - On the Reports page for Tasks, every time we choose a Custom Report, the columns and "sort by" are always reset. - As admin, I can't see the full list of other user's Activities. I can only see the last 5 or something. I might be able to give some more feedback. Do let me know if it helps improve your product :)

Afdrukken en drukwerk, 51-200 werknemers

A/C has been a game changer for us. We are using it a bit outside of its intended scope but it works

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Highly focussed team members. Remote work flexibility. Collaboration. Time Management. Quality Management. Data Management. Targeted and SMART Goals. Internal Motivation. Trust.

The platform makes communicating with team members a breeze. We have a multitude of projects and tasks within the three departments - A/C helps keep everything organized and on track. LOVE the landing screen "My Work". The calendar view is awesome for our morning meetings. It is great that we can filter by person or project on the calendar. It's a robust feature that other platforms did not have. Really enjoy the notifications when I mention a team member. The robust area within a project including Tasks List, Discussions, Files, notes, Time, Expenses, Activity is great. Not only does it encourage collaboration it fully supports remote work. On the task list, we can drag/drop tasks. Filter by assignees, tasks lists, due dates, or completed tasks. You can also review the overall project progress. A/C has some great reporting features. I like how we can star projects. Simple features like that are NOT overlooked in the A/C platform. Time tracking, invoicing, and estimates functions look great. We haven't used them yet but we will eventually. I appreciate the pricing. The customer support is quick and responsive. Our team has embraced the platform and I feel we will continue to use it for years to come. I would recommend the platform to others.

Disclaimer: We use it a bit outside of its intended purpose. Our group is Marketing, Web Development, and IT. Although there are a ton of project-based objectives within the departments there are some marketing functions that are not project based. This is the biggest thing I've got it's not a deal breaker. Maybe extend the software to include flexible user accounts or setup different types of project areas. That isn't necessarily project oriented. Minors: Recurring tasks are a bit of a pain to setup the first time Multiple different calendars confuse people sometimes and they end up creating a calendar for themselves. Maybe we could setup tasks requiring a sign-off? Maybe this is already a feature and I don't know how to do it yet?

Susan
Partner | Creative in VS

Constantly Improving and Helpful Support

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The team is immediate to help, and pleasant to deal with. Also, truly they release updates like monthly, the product is always getting better which is AWESOME.

This software includes all of the features of the leading brands and more in most cases. I compared ActiveCollab to every system out there and tried demos and trials of each as well. It combines robust options with ease of use, and is more affordable than most other options. We can use kan-ban, calendar or list views, and can organize almost everything to our own preference. They also are continuously upgrading the system and adding features. I also like that they have a roadmap on their website so you know what they will be working on next. Top quality product and service.

We used to be able to change the colors and design options but now we are limited to one set of colors and 4 or 5 different background images. I know it is probably only the designers who care, but as a design company, it drives me crazy. It's not ugly, per se, and it is definitely not hard to read or use, but it is not how I would like it to look, so, it's my least favorite thing about it.

Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Keeps getting better

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Active Collab is efficient, friendly, and structured just right for our team's work. The reporting, activity stream, project, task, and subtask organization are all well-calibrated for daily use to organize work and to report on projects.

I wish AC integrated with Jira. Our development unit uses Jira, but the complexity means it's a no-go for our unit's daily use. The lack of integration means that sometimes members of our team have to ping-pong between both products, or fail to understand what's happening there. A preview of a Jira ticket in AC would be totally sufficient.

Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Beautiful design meets functionality

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: All in all, I am happy with ActiveCollab and glad to have discovered it. The support is ultra quick to respond via live chat and very friendly and helpful.

The very first thing I would like to highlight is ActiveCollab's great, minimalist design. It is one of the most beautiful UI I have ever used. Everything is clearly and logically laid out and it doesn't take many clicks to get to the desired item. The project management is also simply beautiful, so you don't lose track of everything. Tags and statuses can be customized and the integrated calendar provides an overview of upcoming tasks including deadlines. Task lists and to-dos can be added to each project and sorted by priority. The time tracking is also a nice feature, so you don't have to rely on another program.

Currently, I still find creating customers a bit too cumbersome. I first have to navigate to the "Contacts" item and create the respective company before I can assign a project. I would like to be able to add a project directly from the list of the corresponding company/contact without having to switch back and forth in the menu. An integration with HubSpot would also make work easier if contacts are constantly synchronized, because with HubSpot I always have all contacts automatically.

Reactie Active Collab

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for your feedback! With the current design of the app, you can add people invited to your account directly to the project. If you need to assign a company a project, you would need to first have a company created in the People section and users added to the company. As for the integration, you can use Zapier to link ActiveCollab and HubSpot. Fore more detailed instructions please feel free to contact our support teams at [email protected].

Tony
Head of Developer and Technical Support in Isle of Man

Great task management application

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Activecollab are great, we were previously using 3 different Basecamp accounts for our sister companies. Basecamp was becoming a nightmare, it's ugly and the support is bad. We frequently have projects running over as an example, usually as we are waiting on information so we need to manually update every task deadline (Slow and painful) Activecollab allows selecting the project and bulk updating the deadline on the tasks, or in a list view one by one which is quick and easy. We opted for the self hosted version and use an amazon AWS Elastic Search Service for searching. this is so much cheaper than what Basecamp was costing and so much more user friendly. Anyone big plus factor is, we were able to customise the software a bit (Against their guidelines) to give it some branding for our company by including an additional CSS file, we have to add this after every update but it's worth it.

Lack of built in customisation Email sending is limited in regards to daily reports etc Requires Elastic Search which is on another server/service, whilst not a huge deal it would have been nice to have a local native search and a high performance option using Elastic Search.

Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

ActiveCollab is the worst project management system I have ever used.

1,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: No business problems are being solved through ActiveCollab, they are only being created.

I truly do not really like anything about ActiveCollab, but the feature that allows you to hide things from clients is nice.

The title says all of it - ActiveCollab is the single worst project management system I have ever used. Their customer service is the worst part, because it makes solving all of the other issues that go on almost impossible. The timer never works and deletes people's work, the server is often down for days at a time, clients will lose access for no reason at all and not be able to login, we'll stop receiving ActiveCollab email notifications and tasks will show either for the wrong day or not at all. When we reach out to ActiveCollab, they more often than not have absolutely no solution and just say "they are working on it".

Joseph
President in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

This has been the perfect solution for our project management needs. We do everything here.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: More efficient project management. More time spent on work, less time searching for files or waiting on emails.

It has the sophistication we need and remains very easy to use. I have tried nearly every other project management software out there, and this one makes the most sense to me. It allows us to effectively collaborate with clients, and it gives us complete control over what can be seen and accessed. We use it for time tracking as well. It connects with a number of other services including Quickbooks. They really seem to listen to their users. I have asked for things and have seen them implemented. Overall, it is a great solution for us, and I do recommend it to anyone looking to better manage their projects.

I did like a little more flexibility in the license levels. It would be nice to pay by the user when we need extra users rather than have to bump up to a level that many more users than we currently need.

Pros and Cons of ActiveCollab

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Although we have to wrestle with ActiveCollab on a regular basis, it does allow us to stay organized between projects and client communication. Something we would be unable to do through email alone.

Working at an agency with 50+ people, where there are many moving parts and everyone wears a lot of hats, Active Collab allows us to stay organized and hold conversations in tasks, with or without clients. Tasks are easy to schedule, reschedule and conversate in.

Overall, these are the issues we experienced with ActiveCollab on a regular basis: - The ActiveCollab timer erased logged time regularly - Documents were unable to be uploaded to tasks from time to time, which halted communication on certain topics - The customer service is very slow. If you're having an issue with the software, it takes weeks to resolve the issue - Sometimes the software is so slow or won't open for an unreasonable amount of time, ultimately wasting time

Sergey
Project Manager in Rusland
Public relations en communicatie, 11-50 werknemers

Clean and pleasant user interface with most of functionality that we need

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is our primary task tracker that we use for each and every project we work on.

1. Nice and easy-to-use interface. No issues with using it for several hours a day. 2. Several nice feeds: global (across all projects), project-wide and personal. 3. Ability to estimate and then track time for a given task. 4. We are an agency and our clients are REALLY NOT eager to use various task-trackers that different agencies push onto them. Thankfully, you can respond to any ActiveCollab comment via email so our clients do not even need to open ActiveCollab to collaborate with us. Meanwhile, we have all messages and comment in a nice and clean order, all inside our comfy ActiveCollab interface.

At some point we decided to move to a self-hosted version of ActiveCollab. By that point we've been using ActiveCollab for a while and our database (including all the files) was about 150GB. Unfortunately, it took about 6 weeks (from 16/10/2017 to 30/11/2017) for the guys over at ActiveCollab to provide us with a link to download our data.

Matthias
CEO in Duitsland
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

We have been using ActiveCollab as a collaboration tool in our agency since 2009 and are still happy

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our entire team is happy to finally use only one piece of software for teamwork. Starting with the project manager, up to the developer and the support all use the same software. Due to the interface (API) the software can be integrated wonderfully into our existing system infrastructure.

We use the self-hosted version of the program. One requirement for the search is the use of ElasticSearch. Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment, so that we cannot use the search.

Andrew
Andrew
Lead Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp

This is the Project Management tool you've been searching for!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've tried at least 20 different Project Management tools, but they were all either too expensive or simply not enjoyable to use. ActiveCollab saves me hours every week that I would normally spend searching for documents, keeping track of tasks, and double-checking things with clients. It also saved my sanity an email-based PM system is not mentally sustainable! I use it for work, and also for side-projects: learning new things, centralizing my store of ideas to ensure that they get implemented...the list of uses is endless.

ActiveCollab is far less expensive than BaseCamp and more visually appealing than the likes of Zoho or Trello. This makes it ideal for freelancers (myself included), but it could work for larger teams just as well. It's available everywhere I need it: the web, my Mac, and my phone. The overall workflow is insanely simple, yet powerful, allowing you to create new clients, projects, tasks and sub-tasks with ease. Every time you find yourself thinking "hmm...I wonder if ActiveCollab does this..." whatever you try works just as you expected it to. That's a sign of really good UI/UX thinking. Their customer support is fantastic, as well. All the people I've talked to have been real, friendly humans never bots or clueless outsourced drones.

The Mac app is still being worked on, and it has a few startup bugs, but works fantastically, otherwise.

Jona
Jona
Owner in Nederland

Great tool to work with both clients and developers in the same projects

Opmerkingen: Operational control of projects

Enables us to work efficiently on multiple tasks, with multiple users across multiple projects and multiple geographies. It's not too complicated for non-technical users and not too simple when dealing with technical issues with developers. Also can be used many different types of projects.

We would like more elaborate options for "operational analytics". The reports are ok, but we still have to do too much manual manipulation of data to get what we want. We would also welcome SMS/Text alerts and integration with services such Ghost inspector (e.g. automatic ticket generation).

Kaylie
Brand Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

One of the best project management softwares I've used (and I've used a lot!)

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used a lot of project management software between different jobs and Active Collab has by far been the easiest, most straightforward, and practical. I love how streamlined it is. I've used far too many software that try to do too much at once and there are WAY too many buttons and options to complicate things. Active Collab gets the balance right between offering lots of features and keeping the interface user friendly. While there are a few features I wish this had, Active Collab has been great at listening to their users by adding requested features. I greatly appreciate it!

-Easy to see everything assigned to me -Ability to star projects to keep them at the top -Multiple timers all reside under a convenient clock icon at the top -Ability to add reminders -Labels

-Can only sort tasks by name, project, or due date. I wish you could sort by more than one thing at a time (i.e. By project AND due date) -Sometimes buggy, but a simple refresh usually fixes the problem

Tamara
Tamara
Company Owner in België
Maritiem

Easy in use and very practical. One of the best PM-tools i've ever worked with.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I find it very easy to work with. I have already adviced people to use it, because I really like to work with it. It's also not expensive, which I find a very important asset.

It allows you to make different projects and within the projects itself you have tons of options. Also, you can make tasks and subtasks and assign them to someone, which I find very usefull, certainly when working with a lot of people. The billing-tool is also very easy. I've been working with ActiveCollab for a while now, and it's by far one of the best project management tools I have used.