Perfection (Almost)

Rick D.
Co-Owner
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We absolutely couldn't run our business as efficiently as we do without Kashoo. It allows us to be agile and respond to our customers' needs in an instant if necessary. We've had many of our larger customers ask us if we could help some of their other vendors to get better organized. With the help of Kashoo, we've set the bar for others to reach.

Pluspunten: We've been using Kashoo for many years. The ease of use is amazing. We know exactly what is happening in our business at any given moment. Although we typically don't use the mobile apps, they are useful if your business model is more suited to mobile. The web app is solid. Uptime is impressive. Support is quick and thorough. Most users wouldn't notice but when you get a bit outside the box you're going to need some assistance from the support team. Some tasks are quite involved when you get past the ordinary. No worries though, the support team is there to guide you through. What we like most is the flexibility of the software and the multi-user capability.

Minpunten: Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque. We would really like to have some inventory control tied into invoices. The new statement feature is nice but we would like to have control over the fields displayed in the report. In particular, we would like to be able to have our customers' PO numbers listed so that they can more easily cross reference our invoices.

Superb, snappy, comprehensive!

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2016
Vivek H.
2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When I set up my business 5 years ago I knew I would need an easy-to-use accounting system. As an accountant myself I needed one with all the bells and whistles, and as a business owner I needed one that was easy to use from anywhere and fast and flexible. After experimenting with a number of unhappy options, I stumbled across Kashoo and it was love at first sight.

Pluspunten: Clean, snappy interface; support for serious accounting (adjustments, transfers, trial balance, general ledger, supporting documents) over and above simple receipts and payments; cloud-based & browser-based so allows me access from anywhere and peace of mind regarding data security and backups. And I can share it all with my auditor sitting miles away at his Windoze PC so he doesn't have to take up space in my home office, where I happily update Kashoo using my iMac :)

Minpunten: Maybe a tad more support for drag-and-drop would be nice as would the ability to open it in multiple windows so I can cross-check and tally stuff a bit easier than going backward and forward in the same browser window.

I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2016
Jeff K.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request) The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine. Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base. My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pluspunten: Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Minpunten: I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

Great software for people building their business

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
John M.
Sr. Manager
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For 90% of small business of 10 emplohees or less, Kashoo is the way to go. It feels light, utilizes the Cloud for storage, has terrific support, and is easy to learn and utilize. Im comfortable in growing my business, and letting Kashoo grow with me.

Pluspunten: The key in selecting accounting software is not how much it can do for you, but how much support you can get after you take the plunge.
With Kashoo, the support is unbelievable. Utilizing their Chat feature will get you a satifactory answer in a matter of an hour or so. I've never felt like I got a less than complete reply. Why? Because they know their product, and are not paid to sit and answer questions all day long about something they don't use. I cant say that for the other software systems I've tried. I'm now running 3 businesses off of Kashoo.

Minpunten: The bank feed somehow gets hung up each month...not sure why. Wish there were more check templates that utilize a common standard (QuickBooks, MS Money)
Wish the Client fields were more customizable, so reporting could be more robust.

My Kashoo Experience

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2016
Carrie K.
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Pluspunten: Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Minpunten: Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Kashoo op 14-12-2016

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at [email protected], and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
Ken I.
SEO + Web + Reputation Marketing ★★★★★
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pluspunten: Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Minpunten: There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

Review kashoo

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Glenn G.
Business owner
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay.
Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pluspunten: Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Minpunten: If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

Great support

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Mike L.
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: overall very good

Pluspunten: Customer support has been excellent. easy to use

Minpunten: invoices are the most important thing. They are how we present the Kashoo product to our customer. The invoicing needs more functionality. i.e.: I need to be able to delete a line or line items and I can not. Not being able to do this can make an invoice look sloppy.
if a client is tax exempt I have to make every line item a non tax item - better would be one bulk action, one button that says customer is tax exempt.
I would also like to see a quote or estimate option. If a client wants pricing, I need to send them an invoice. if the client decides not to go with us, that invoice is counted as income.

love the user interface and chat feature!

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Leslie R.
Landbouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When I first started my horticulture business (capterra- why is horticulture or even landscaping, not an industry option?!?) I kept books on paper and had to learn book keeping from the IRS website and other online (free) resources. When I decided that I really wanted to go digital, I tried multiple online book keeping softwares before finally settling on Kashoo. My experience has been really great! Every time I have a question it has been either easily answered through the online tutorials or by using the Kashoo chat feature. Even when I make a stupid mistake, customer service always seems happy to help me unravel and correct it. For comparison, another organization that I was on the board of uses quick books and every time I had to use it I was more greatful for Kashoo! For someone who didn’t learn book keeping on quick books- looking through the accounts to find the information I need on Kashoo is so much more intuitive.

Pluspunten: Ability to view accounts, excellent customer service, helpful tutorials

Minpunten: for me there really haven’t been any cons. That said, my accountant had never heard of it- not really a problem, just disappointing to me, and of course I would love to pay nothing for bookkeeping 😉

Best Accounting Solution for SME's

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2016
Diaa E.
General Manager
Architectuur en planning, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

Pluspunten: - Ease of use
- Accessibility across different platforms
- Realtime save and backup
- Well designed interface
- Fully customizable invoices and reports
- Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

Minpunten: - Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component
- Useless android app!

Basic Software at Economical Price

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
Ken O.
CFO
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are running a seasonal fast service restaurant with 20 employees with a pretty simple chart of accounts. I use QuickBooks Online for other businesses but I was looking for something less costly which integrates well with our Square POS terminal. Kashoo does a great job with Square and it is less than half the price of QBO, but with commensurately less functionality.

Pluspunten: 1) Automatically lists the latest entries in income or expenses or other accounts if you select them.
2) Easy to learn and to get going
3) Excellent integration with Square allowing you to run detailed excel reports to slice and dice your Square transactions to your heart's content.

Minpunten: 1) Bank account transaction matching is cumbersome and a bit clunky. The top half of the page is what you've matched, and the bottom half are all the entries in Kashoo INCLUDING matched ones. The bottom half should really be just the unmatched entries.
1a) You can't run a report on matched or unmatched entries and if you select or download the bank account account it does not tell you which entries are matched.
2) It won't add up sub accounts on an income statement
3) In general, if you want to run reports the answer is excel, but excel isn't that bad: it's just a pain to dump it, format it, sort it , etc.

Kashoo Online Accounting Review

Beoordeeld op 3-7-2019
Jc B.
Partner
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Again, for the money it is suitable for small companies.

Pluspunten: We started using this product because the first year was free through Liberty Tax Service. Additional account costs are attractive. So cost is what I like most about the product. I do like the layout/appearance of the P&L and Balance Sheet. Also like the Bank Connect feature.

Minpunten: Inability to get totals within the apps modules, limited reporting capabilities, unable to filter by date, name, detail, etc. Wish this product was a bit more robust, so that exporting to Excel wouldn't be necessary.

Multiyear user

Beoordeeld op 6-4-2019
Ben R.
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Great!

Pluspunten: I've been using this software for 5 books for about 5 years now. I'm not an accountant, and it's so well laid out that I really prefer this to any of the other systems I've tried. It's all put together for a entrepreneur to use easily. Over the years I've needed support and help a few times, and each time I've had the issue resolved by a real person very quickly and easily.

Minpunten: Some of the book keepers need to get up to speed initially, but it doesn't take long.

Great accounting program, easy to learn and use, but report formatting needs a lot of work.

Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019
Deborah G.
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I know that the look of reports is not a top priority in accounting software, but a clean, professional look does matter to me. I have been advised by Kashoo that they are working on them but it has been months now and nothing has been fixed. If it wasn't for this issue, the software would get a 5/5 from me. I really like using the program and don't want to switch to something else.

Pluspunten: Has everything I need to run my small business
Easy to learn and use, not a huge learning curve
Canadian product!

Minpunten: Data entry requires a lot of scrolling up and down
Report formatting really needs work:
- Accounts are not in numerical order
- Columns don't line up
- Some reports have no title or date range, I have to add them manually (statements and ledger)
- Font headers are huge and can't be adjusted, creating way more pages than needed
- No way to adjust page sizing (often get one line on a second page when it would easily fit on the first)
- Report templates are not customizable, they can only be fixed by Kashoo.

Kashoo Online Accounting

Beoordeeld op 21-2-2017
Daniel R.
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Kashoo is one of the small companies that is competing with the big guys. Their support is fantastic, their product is easy to use and constantly updated for features and usability. You can do it from your desk, from your tablet, or from your phone. Personally I do all 3!

Pluspunten: Very simple and does almost everything the giant products on the market do.

Minpunten: Really could use some more color. But that's just me, I like color.

They have been around for awhile

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019
Director of Brand Development
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Kashoo is a decent invoicing/accounting tool. Unfortunately, for them, there many decent invoicing/accounting tools and many of those tools offer more features for the same price or less. It is tough for Kashoo to go head-to-head with something like Wave apps when Kashoo offers no mobile apps or OCR capture. Apps like Hiveage or Nutcache are more modern and have apps. Self-hosted tools like PancakeApp and Invoice Ninja are more full-featured and allow for multiple business profiles. Overall, Kashoo is a functional app but not one of the top offerings.

Pluspunten: The fact that the app has been around for many years speaks to its stability and viabilkity. The design and interface has improved through the years. The site is clean and the pricing is simple.

Minpunten: No mobile apps, no OCR receipt capture, somewhat difficult UI. No ability to oversee multiple businesses on one account.

Very easy to use.

Beoordeeld op 24-1-2017
Stuart O.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pluspunten: Portability, ease of use.

Minpunten: Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Kashoo op 30-1-2017

Stuart,
Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2015
Keisha T.
Owner & Yoga Coach
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

Easy and beautiful!

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2016
Robert F.
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I really like being able to do everything on my iPad. I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done!

Pluspunten: iPad app

Minpunten: invoicing is a little fussy and the graphics are a little complicated.
Need to make it easier to identify and manage unpaid and past due invoices

Great accounting software that does everything I need

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2019
Zev S.
Programmaontwikkeling, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pluspunten: Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Minpunten: I would like to see updates more frequently.

Great Canadian Accounting software

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2018
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Pluspunten: Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Minpunten: Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

Flexible software

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2016
John J.
Business Development Advisor
Consumentengoederen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

Pluspunten: It's flexibility

Great Service , Please adjust the last U.I. change

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2017
Al S.
Machinebouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I find that the last U.I. change was a step back, some functions are a bit harder to find. I can see what the goal was, but I think things like renaming receivables to "unpaid invoices" for example is less clear, and a bit silly.

Great Accounting Software and App. Especially for a regular Joe like me.

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2017
Andy P.
Sportartikelen, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like the way the Mobile app works seamlessly with the desktop version. I'm on the go a lot, it's nice to use an accounting software that keeps up with me.
Its easy to use. When I do have questions the Customer Service is top notch. They also have timely emails and webinars to help you prepare to tax season and the like.

Pluspunten: Easy to use both online and on mobile devices

Minpunten: None that I have found yet.

Better than Quckbooks Online

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2019
Chris B.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online.

Minpunten: The fact that it does not work on android.