Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Kantata

Uitgeroepen tot meest toonaangevende projectmanagementoplossing door Gartner. "Mavenlink is mijn go-to voor projectmanagement" - Forbes

Meer informatie over Kantata

Easy to set up, perfect for our unique work requirements. Its custom reporting made our lives easier.

It's very frustrating when you need to allocated in the same amount of time per user across a long period. You have to go in individually to each week to add that time.

Beoordelingen van Kantata

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Kantata heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 612 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Kantata eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (612)

Mustafa
Practice Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Mavenlink review

4,0 4 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Caroline
Caroline
Bachelor in Supply Chain Management in VS
Consumentengoederen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

I can divide responsibilities in each project

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I streamline and improve the processes, allowing me to have improved control over each one for monitoring and final completion, saving me project completion time.

It has been a good ally to improve project delivery times, by being able to divide the tasks into different groups and having the follow-up of each one makes time work and gather all the final information already finished. Since I used kantata I manage my way of working better with improved administration with my colleagues and thus we all work more organized and fix in real time what needs to be changed with the monitoring of the progress that is updated

There is nothing to change or to say that I dislike it, personally the entire system has always worked well for me.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in VS
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

It's a fantastic time and task management system

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink sits directly on our Salesforce platform, and it has been great for our business to have a more comprehensive perspective from Pre-Sales through project close-out ever since we implemented the product about three years ago with the help of Mavenlink's amazing support. From the perspective of Resource Management, I find everything about Mavenlink to be extremely well executed.

My preferred time management application is extremely feature-rich, allowing for extensive customization of how time and money are spent. Mavenlink is a great addition to our corporate finance tools since it provides us with a new way to examine data and monitor progress on several fronts simultaneously. For me, it's a plus that Mavenlink is always working to enhance its platform and provide new educational resources for its users.

I haven't utilized many goods or features, but it would be helpful to have a consolidated dashboard where I can observe how everything is interacting with one another.

Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great time tracking but has many bugs

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Great to track / approve timesheets and allocate resources in your plan

Bugs stands forever and it’s not easy to use and navigate for first time users.

Brendan
Associate in Canada
Managementconsulting, 51-200 werknemers

Good system but some frustrating issues

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Useful overall, but the more time I spend with it the more I realize it is missing some key functionality that would save a lot of time. It's much more difficult to update a project in Mavenlink than past systems I've used, and I think there are some beneficial tweaks that could be made

From an ease of use standpoint, time entry and project creation is fairly straightforward. It's also nice to have access to so many reporting features, although I imagine that's even more valued by the leadership team rather than staff.

Three major issues stand out to me and my colleagues: 1- the software is very slow at times, and the more time I spend making edits to a project the longer it takes. In some cases, the lag is so bad that a task that should take 10 minutes ends up taking 30 since I wait so long for the system respond. The more tasks and individuals assigned to a project, the worse it is. Customer service suggested I delete my cache, but this was a temporary and fairly ineffective solution 2- It'd be great to have a simple place where I can see exactly how many hours a team member has on a project. Right now, we can only see time assigned to individual tasks, and then need to calculate the total manually 3- When tasks get extended or shortened, it'd be great to have a way to have Mavenlink automatically distribute time accordingly. For example, if I have 1 hour assigned for a 1-week long task, it'd be nice if I could automatically change this to 30min/week if that task were extended to being 2 weeks long. I know time can move automatically if the gantt is updated, but that only works if the task stays the same duration and hasn't started yet. Other systems offer this feature

Mackenzie
Associate Project Manager in VS
Public relations en communicatie, 11-50 werknemers

A steep learning curve

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink is not a bad service. it does keep everything you need to manage a project in one place, as well as help you track hours spent on various tasks within projects and organize a timeline. It is somewhat difficult to use and difficult to learn how to use - I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. I'm still getting over this learning curve, since I'm new to using the software, and will likely find that it becomes easier over time. At least I really hope it does.

Mavenlink is a great way to keep track of everything you need for multiple projects across various areas. Budget burn is clear to see, it's easy enough to add and message people on a project. Easy enough to track time, develop timelines, break projects down into tasks, etc. Good for very type A people who like to extremely organize everything.

It creates a lot of work for project managers. A lot goes into designing a project and filling it out, which is very time consuming. There is also a steep learning curve, especially if you are adapting to Mavenlink after being used to different systems. The trainings were somewhat helpful, but long, boring and repetitive. While it does keep everything in one place, it is difficult to adapt to using it where you would have used email, Skype messenger, google docs, etc. especially if you're working with colleagues who are not so technologically savvy.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in VS
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Kantata has transformed project and cost management

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Using Kantata , we finally have a way to track the time and effort put in by our engineers across all of the projects they're working on. We were able to respond to questions from our leaders much more quickly, which helped us avoid certain personnel problems.

Kantata has revolutionized our approach to budgeting and task management. The opportunity to centralize all of our initiatives in one place and provide individualized reports that tracked our development in relation to our key performance indicators is something we are really grateful for. We also take pleasure in learning where we may be under- or over-allocating our engineers, so that we may swiftly adjust our course.

As far as we can tell, employing Kantata does not come with any major drawbacks. Reports are not sorted alphabetically or numerically, however these are minor issues.

Zoe
Zoe
accountancy in VS
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 11-50 werknemers

better planning

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I can keep track of time, which is what has helped me deliver tasks faster than the final delivery date and keep track of projects to manage the good and bad things to fix.

It has made it easier for me to assign tasks to each of my colleagues to ultimately bring them together in a single project and be able to make better decisions based on real graphs and thus reduce the final delivery time of each project. I can develop multiple projects at the same time, managing to advance faster in each one without confusion.

I only ask kantata to improve customer service in terms of response time not being so long since sometimes they are responses that take a week to give a solution, it is the only bad thing I see in kantata

Ethan
PMO in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Great System with Some Room for Improvement

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

The project tracking, in terms of the timesheet collection and revenue management this works great for our business and is absolutely essential.

From an overall user perspective, the system can be quite clunky to use without adequate training which has caused some hiccups.

Hussain
Director of Developer Experience in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Comprehensive solution for time tracking

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

The time tracking and resource allocation features are very well integrated into the system (and with other systems like Jira). This has become our main view of anything to do with scheduling and timesheet management.

To be fair, this is not about Kantata but the integration. While well done, Kantata replicates all comments from Jira and that leads to duplicate comments and notifications. It is more of an annoyance rather than a real problem.

Kaitlin
Kaitlin
Executive director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Kantana saved my company

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It was available at the moment . It easily helped reorganize my project and was able go recover lost time and get the project back on track

Price was. Out of reach for me currently and had to pause it.

Val
VP Ops in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

One Source of Information

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mavenlink has been great to work with from conversion to ongoing support.

Mavenlink enables us to know the workload of our teams and Ike projects on schedule and within budget.

I wish the reporting was easier so that more users could work in it.

Kevin
Solutions Architect in Canada
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Too complicated time entry

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Too complicated as an end user just trying to get my time entered.

There's a lot of functionality at the higher up space

As a user who enters their time the time entry screen is an extremely overcomplicated experience. It should be as simple as picking a project, sub-code and then entering time. My experience so far is vastly overcomplicated with different places and ways to enter it. I came from using harvest to track time and their weekly view with a row of the project and code i use frequently is most excellent.

Stefano
Technical Enablement Manager in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Ultimate Services & Operations Management Software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The only way to describe this would be "It has been and still is fun to work with". It's a great piece of software, and once you get used to its logic you will be able to do great things - and by great things I mean measure exactly how much you sell your services for and how much resources you are actually using.
This, plus see employee performance, project performance, you can create custom fields to cover for any special requirement.

- Integrations and API - An excellent Salesforce bridge is available and can be fully customised (if you know Java!). You also get other connectors for Jira, Slack, and an API that allows you to do virtually anything. - Integrated GoodData reporting - If you are technical enough you can improve your workflows by adding custom fields and creating custom metrics. I used this solution to monitor the performances of the entire Professional Services team at Emarsys. - The software itself is essentially like Microsoft Project but online and with conversations & invoices generation - you can manage anything from a very small and basic project to a massive 2 years project thanks to the versatile task management interface. GANTT charts are available and, of course, if you know how to use GoodData you can dig even further into the project reports. - Resourcing wise it has a Master Planning tool which looks a bit like Resource Guru but completely integrated with the software, so you are really buying the full package with Mavenlink.

I believe the biggest flaw in Mavenlink is the absence of a "real" administrator. Essentially, you can be an admin but if a project is set to "Invitation only" you cannot join it unless someone invites you. So being a Mavenlink admin is not like being a Jira admin where you can do anything you want, you are more of a "open projects administrator". The workaround is to have an integration user creating the projects and a good integration with your CRM that allows you to update fields that would be otherwise not accessible. Mind that you can still remove the integration user from the project, and at that point the only way to re-enter the project is to ask the project lead to invite you. This should clear any security concerns, if your projects require extreme privacy.

Tristan
Tristan
Director Of Technical Services in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Our Next-Generation Project Management Tool

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been wonderful over the past few years. We were able to enable our PM team to become more metrics and data-driven, expanding their capabilities. Change Orders are a big business process that we solved by using Mavenlink. Approval and communication have been GREATLY streamlined! Before, we were managing change orders through written communication and supporting documentation, but now we are able to have the discussion in project meetings, then pass through the Change Order approval as a budget change and there is an affirmative action on their part. It's great!

The activity dashboard is the best part of Mavenlink. A feed that allows you to keep track of official communications and notes is perfect, plus it keeps clients involved. The API is also very strong and allows us to generate reports FAR beyond what is offered by Mavenlink. Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink.

The Gantt chart needs a lot of work. The interface is slow and clunky, plus it is not a great view for the executives and sponsors, visually speaking. The purpose of this chart is not really to "manage" the project, but instead show a high level overview of everything. There is currently no great way to show this to execs and sponsors. There needs to be a better mobile experience as well. We need a fully functional way to log time, complete tasks, post activity and generally manage projects from Android and iOS.

Daniel
Director of Business Systems Analysis in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Software well tailored for our business needs

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the experience is become better and better. I'd say the UI still has some usability issues.

Great master planning for resources and allocations.

Two biggest pet peeves are the following: 1. It's irritating that you must delete a recreate a time entry if you enter it on the wrong day of the week on the Timesheets view. Should be able to just change the date of the entry. Other similar software allows this. 2. On Master Planning, I want to see how many hours are represented in the allocation every week not just how many hours by percentage across the span of weeks the allocation runs. This make it hard to determine quickly how many hours the resource has for each allocation for that week.

Kami
VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

The Top Reasons We Chose Mavenlink

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: RESOURCE ALLOCATION
Resource allocation is critical in our line of business and it was a major component missing from Active Collab. It is the norm for us to have multiple projects at varying phases of completion and up to 10 team members working on various tasks. As you can imagine, it can become very hard to keep track of workloads and schedule new tasks appropriately. Mavenlink has been a game changer for us in terms of resource allocation! With the click of a button we can now view every team member and get a detailed view of their workload.
FINANCIAL REPORTING
While Active Collab was not void of financial reporting, we needed a solution that was more robust. Once again, Mavenlink did not disappoint. From financials to projects to people, there's a report for that! As the Business Manager, I really appreciate the ability to create custom reports. Every client is unique in their needs. Mavenlink helps me satisfy clients' needs as well as our own internal needs.
USER INTERFACE AND EASE OF USE
We really love Mavenlink's visually pleasing interface and the ability to custom brand it. We liked that the company utilized features similar to some of the popular social network sites. This helps to give it a familiar feel to new users. We also like that it does a good job being intuitive to users' needs. This makes it pretty easy for new users to navigate without much instruction. Although we did put some how to videos together for our clients to ensure that everyone is comfortable using it.
CLIENT COLLABORATION
Our clients' perception is our reality. It is essential that our clients be able to collaborate with us on their project every step of the way. We were very surprised at the number of solutions that did not allow this. Mavenlink really goes above and beyond in this department. Clients can even use their free profile to create and manage their own personal projects outside of their CommonPlaces project.
COMMITMENT TO IMPROVEMENTS
No one solution is going to land a check mark for every requirement on your list. The one thing that really put Mavenlink ahead of the other solutions we considered was the company's commitment to improving their product. Along this journey we heard over and over, if you notice that there is something that we can improve upon, please take a moment to email us with your suggestions. In the 3 months that we have had Mavenlink, we've already been notified of 2 great improvements!

Rosie
Project Manager in Australië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Software Implementation Process with Mavenlink

4,0 8 jaar geleden

We have only been using Mavenlink for a little over 3 month and have already started to see visibility and transparency across the organisation. Mavenlink Insights and analytics reports provide the company with a holistic view of all projects and accounts. We are now easily able to identity project metrics and figures without all of the manual collation and reconciliation which takes an enormous amount of time. Mavenlink have been extremely helpful and accommodating to get us to this point with help of the guys from the MavenOps Program. The 3 months of MavenOps has been fantastic as the team who have been working with us are always willing to help and offer suggestions. Mavenlink were very responsive to our requirements and always willing to help and provide alternate solutions or workarounds if system could meet the requirements. Additionally MavenOps were very quick at turning around reports that we requested. The reports were completely customised to our needs. If a feature could not be achieved the company can submit a "feature request" which means there is a chance that feature can be built later down the track. Mavenlinks 24/7 chat support has also been fantastic in helping the wider organisation with any questions. Overall the software is great but the level of support really helps to lift the product and the overall engagement.

Given we are an Australian based company there are a few things within the software which are set for the US, for example the date is in the wrong sequence and data refreshes happen at awkward times. These are only minor and don't stop us from achieving our main objectives. It would be helpful to have a little more control over these settings. It would be also good for Super Admin users to have a greater level of visibility. At present even admin need to be invited to a project to view the tasks and approve time etc. It would be helpful for Super Admin users to have this level of visibility with having to rely on a project lead to invite them to a project.

Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

WRIKE to MAVENLINK USER

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Used Wrike for ~8 months and moved to Mavenlink over a year ago. In write you can't track time and expenses. The wrike issue tracking isn't great too. Before moving to Mavenlink, I looked at ~12+ project management tools. It's a pain to move platforms. So we didn't want to make the wrong move. There are so many tools out there. For us, a big priority was being able to track time and projects all in one place. Mavenlink does that and more. It's an awesome tool esp. for design teams and if a lot of your team is virtual.

- Time tracking integration. Don't have to use a third party tool. - Smart project task management. - Easy to track if "to do" is a "task" or an "issue" (very helpful for website projects where you have a TON of issues to deal with). - Easy to move tasks around and see the overall items you're working on. - Google docs integration. - You can track conversations all in one feed-- on more email. - You can respond via email.

- So many features. I don't use all of them. - They add on cool features... but want you to pay for them. - Expensive -- but worth it when you're managing a team and don't want to login to a ton of applications. - No dropbox integration. - Takes awhile to get used too. - You can't rename the issue or task items. For example, sometimes I want to change the status title from "needs info" to "client review" -- and I can't edit the status (I could do this in Wrike).

Jennifer
Executive Director, Operations in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Increased capabilities for our company as a whole

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really like both the time tracking and invoicing modules. I find them to be pretty flexible and easy to use. Some other areas require more manual work than I'd like, but overall, we are happy with Mavenlink and can live with the things we don't like.

I like the ease of updating time tracking and making changes after the fact. I like the ability to quickly see project run rate and status. Our last CRM had very limited skills and resourcing capabilities, and so this was both one of the big reasons why we switched to ML and one of the best things about the product.

I don't like the limitations on setting boundaries on projects. Mavenlink requires much more manual work than our last CRM in the invoicing and expense categories. There are some things that just don't make sense to me, like having the ability to mark expenses as paid. We've had to create a tracking system outside of ML in order to deal with expenses. I also don't like that administrators can't update/edit expenses.

Jacqueline
Sr. Manager, Projects, Events, Partnerships in VS
Entertainment, 51-200 werknemers

Mavenlink Rocks

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Mavenlink to project management all new school openings and are now starting to use it for all of our large national events. Mavenlink has definitely helped us open more schools worldwide efficiently and effectively. Before Mavenlink, communication and documentation were major issues around our projects. With Mavenlink, we are able to document our calls and follow ups within the system itself. Tasks linked to communications are also very helpful. The features I like best are ease of use, Dashboard view of all projects, Templates, sync to Google Apps, and Gannt.

Ease of use and communication. The ability to start threads regarding specific tasks, upload/share google docs, post messages that also go to email, etc. has been critical to successfully completing projects.

The only dislike I have is that I cannot push a change across multiple projects at one time. We use templates for almost every project we launch. Sometimes those templates get updated and those changes need to be applied to current projects.

Robert
Technical Delivery Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Difficult to reconcile with our accounting software - rounding issues

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Easy for resources to book time against multiple different projects - good data contained in time entry exports (granular, gives lots of information that I can pivot off of to provide different views to the end customer)

Mavenlink rounds time entries billed at an odd number (such as $171.77/hr) that are logged in half-hour or quarter-hour increments differently than Sage IntACCT - this makes reconciliations arduous when it's time to invoice the customer.

Praveen
Software Engineer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Very easy platform to engage with clients and to manage reports.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

When a client assigns a project to our team we add a new page to our Mavenlink platform and share that with client and all the team members who will be working on the project. Clients can see updates, modifications and even daily reports. Our team don't have to update each time with the client or send them an email at the end of each day. Even if a client has different projects, they will see it on different pages which avoids confusion. The Gantt charts are the best feature included to avoid keeping multiple tabs open.

One of the main cons is that it will take considerably more time setting everything up. One has to dedicate for at least 4-5 hours to learn everything pretty well. The date format is given only in US standard and troubled us a lot in the beginning.

Silvia
Project Management Lead in VS
Design en ontwerp, 51-200 werknemers

Reliable tool but not ideal for Finance Reporting

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to use, reliable in terms of saving data but this tool feels outdated due to the manual staff allocation process. Also the finance and staffing reporting doesnt work for me. Im not a fan of that.

I like that my staffing projections are easy to access, view and share across digital teams.

Forecasting hours by the week/month needs to be automated - this is too manual and time consuming at the time. Need to be able to drag and drop hours, or somehow more speedily be able to populate staff allocations. Also finance reporting / utilization reporting is incredibly difficult of not impossible due to my current access level. I have to rely on the finance and resourcing department for all reporting - this is not sustainable for project management.

Project Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

The basics are there, but too many features fall flat.

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Benefits include matching estimates and budgets to tasks and breaking apart milestones with tasks and sub-tasks. Activity communication is pretty good.

I can add a project, estimates and budget and track overall progress. It has given us a more robust look at what is happening across all projects.

Too many features feel incomplete. The invoicing, estimates and user permissions are convoluted and lacking enough that our company cannot use them. Resource Management requires duplicate entry of information between planned and scheduled time. It should be easier to link the two together and plan around exceptions.

Reactie Kantata

6 jaar geleden

Thank you for your insight and feedback regarding your experience. We have forwarded your feedback to our product team and will continue to strive to do better. Your CSM has reached out out to you to learn more and continue to advocate on your behalf, regarding these product enhancements and all your concerns. We look forward to continue to working closely with you regarding your experience. Have a nice day and happy holidays.

Telecommunicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Great Product to Bring the Team Together

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Since our startup we've used basic spreadsheet tools to capture and analyze data. It was possible to generate project metrics and profitability, but the process was cumbersome. That information is just a click away now. We've also eliminated much of the possibility of our employees entering time to the wrong codes with the task assignment functions.

Our organization includes some office staff, but is mostly made up of remote employees on our client's project sites. Mavenlink has given us a great tool for communicating with our team, as well as capturing time and expense entries via the Cloud. Our employees really like the interface and the ability to log time and expense from their mobile devices. Also, we've found the online workspace to be of great value in transmitting and archiving information and files. Our implementation included support from Laura Pierce and her BIASS team. Laura led us thru integrating our processes with the capabilities of the tool via a weekly meeting. Action items were identified and quickly addressed. Laura was always there to assist with answering questions and being a sounding board for my ideas. It was also a neat experience to have the BIASS team use the Mavenlink tool to setup and manage the BIASS project.

Most of the opportunities I see with the tool could be considered enhancements to the time and expense processing function and invoicing processes. These include: * More flexibility in the Admin's abilities to review, edit and approve project charges in the invoicing cycle would be helpful. *The ability to provide greater detail of expense charges on the invoice (which is a current action item with Mavenlink for us), and * The ability to push transactions that are not time and expense entries, such as taxes, unit bill amounts, etc. to QuickBooks would be helpful.