Over ServiceM8

De app voor kleine bedrijven. Met dit platform kun je taken inplannen, offertes en facturen creëren, formulieren voor gezondheid en veiligheid op het werk voltooien en zelfs creditcardbetalingen accepteren.

Meer informatie over ServiceM8

Its great to organise projects and keep photos filed.

Was told to login that way and cancel. However before I was able to login today I was billed for another month of service.

Beoordelingen van ServiceM8

Waar voor je geld

ServiceM8 heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 294 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je ServiceM8 eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (294)

Timothy
Timothy
Owner in VS

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

timothy
director in Australië
Maatschappelijk werk, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Overwogen alternatieven:

Pay for volume and not number of users

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The online chat tool with support is great. Nothing ever gets lost in the translation. Support is 7 x 24 around the planet.

Our business is strictly a service that we provide with a couple variations. Starting out as a small business meant I could not afford starting to pay for user licenses I could not afford. This other mob I was deal with, my first month with a discount was suppose to be $6. I then got a bill for $21 for just one day of testing. Bugger that. It was not worth the time a day to argue.

The outside sales support can be pricey. If you know exactly what you want, you can keep the implementations costs down. Especially with training. you need to practice as much as possible during your trial period.

adam
Electrician in VK
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Why iphone it's less than functional

1,0 2 maanden geleden

The appointment link. That's really that's good about it

The fact its iphone only. Never owned an iPhone and missed the offer by few days to get it back in credits so won't be using any further

Julio E
Partner in VS
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best Service Managing software I have used!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

Dan
Director in Nieuw-Zeeland
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person. Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload. Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration. And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?

Job Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage. During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ? Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud. Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.

Purchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.

Jason
Jason
VP in VS

Great for a start up

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Great!

Great software for a startup company or even a large company. I Love the fact that when we started out we could easily afford this software and as we grew we could level up the software and still afford it. Similar software would have broke us be for we even got started plus servicem8 is more powerful software and meets all our needs now and has options that will meet all future needs. We will use Servicem8 forever and recommend it regularly.

customer support is email or chat only and sometimes I need immediate help and cant get it that fast. But a small price to pay for such great and affordable software.

Owner/Manager in VS

Small Service Business Gold

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.

I've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.

Only con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.

Alison
Alison
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Superb Small business software for Scheduling

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Simple to use and schedule installers whilst capturing customer communications. I use this software in 2 small business operating in New Zealand construction industry and it works well in both. 1 integrated with Xero...this works well. 1 is not integrated to accounting for complexity of pricing reasons...but one day, I will reconfigure our pricing so I can.
Overall, excellent software especially when you can design new processes to ensure users can populate the information and view what they need to see in a timely fashion.

Especially powerful is the remote users...managers and installers accessing and updating information from iPhones and iPads. We capture on-site photos. We capture on-site Hazard ID information and customer sign-off for quality.

no App for Androids. We have contract installers and persuading them to ditch their Samsung for an iPhone hasn't worked. (We synch with Google Calendars for them.)

Arpit
Arpit
Director in VK
Nutsbedrijven, 2-10 werknemers

Absolutely great for trades

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Jodi
Jodi

Life Changing App for Small Business Owners

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you own a small business in the Service Industry and you want your life back, then you need ServiceM8. Our landscaping company has gone from a rather unprofessional mob of blokes working their rears off to a very slick team of professionals, and we are blitzing the opposition!

What sets ServiceM8 apart from the many "other" apps out there is that ServiceM8 is ever evolving, it is owned by an Australian Company which is run by "down to earth" people who listen. The flexibility of the system is awesome (one size does not fit all, but there is always a workaround for little things) and so many options and add ons to suit the individual business, many are free.

If pushed I'd say the "Apple" thing, but honestly when your business is booming, the cost of another iPad is not an issue!

Skipper
Owner in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed. Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten. The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are. We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month. We couldn't be happier. Please don't change this formula ServiceM8. It's everything we need.

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it. Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.

Joanne
Director in Australië

Great Service Software

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.

The cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.

It doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.

Paul
Proprietor - Building/Property Maintenance in Australië

ServiceM8 Critique

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Introduced to ServiceM8 by a fellow contractor about 2 years ago. Once we understood how it worked, we have never looked back. Changed for the better the way we used to issue quotes and invoices

Convenience of being able to issue quotes and invoices immediately when on site Time saving as no longer have to spend hours after work writing up invoices and quotes Great job scheduling/dispatch and reminders Relatively easy to use even for a tech dunderhead like me Good monthly analysis tools Very reasonable and fair pricing schedule based on user pays principles Fantastic "Help" people on the other end of the phone when needed

Having to pass on credit card fees is a negative for many customers but we realise this is most likely not a ServiceM8 charge but greedy banks screwing all of us all the time

Hamlet
Director of Business Development in VS

Best CRM for Startup Companies

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice. ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add. The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup. The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works. They have an iPhone and an iPad app. They allow for a lot of customization. They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

Shem
Owner in Australië
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing App! A must have for any service delivery business!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This system entirely runs my business from start to finish and makes life very easy. Amazing app, features and great tech support. Have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.,.

Features are best in market - the servicem8 team are flexible with feedback and implementing ideas from users. If ideas get enough votes / popularity then they get attention and often implemented. Creating a fantastic feeling of inclusion in the app and ability to have an affect on the app you use.

No video support in app and also diagram drawing on iPhone should be available. No support for non iPhone users with android app.

Tim
Manager/Locksmith in Australië
Facilitaire diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Nothings as Gr8 as ServiceM8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Cash flow was shot, jobs were getting misplaced on bits of paper, and we never knew for sure if and when jobs were being completed and then billed out correctly, and in a timely manner!

Flexibility of being able to have multiple level logins. Great real time messaging and being able to check photo's to help with tech supporting on road staff! The ability to bill then and there and have your whole pricelist at the touch of your fingertips!

It would be great if you could tell if the staff member was checked into a job, by the job changing colour or have some sort of symbol on it to say it was being actioned.

Company Director in Australië
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Excellent Value for Money

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was recommended this software but as I was using android base hardware it put me off so I tried a few other software program's without any success and a lot of money out of my pocket.
I eventually tried Service M8 and adapted the IPads to my business and have not looked back.
I can only say why did I not use this earlier.
It now has streamed lined my business and we have formed a strong structure in moving forward and having the capabilities of growing to meet the our customers needs.
This has become a great asset which is promoted through my Company's profile and commitment to my existing and future clients.

The ease of operation and live up to date information.

Not being able to open up multiple jobs at once and also when a job is open it need to be bigger to see more of it on the screen

Jared
VS

Clean, intuitive software

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The best service software we could find. Easily has the best interface on mobile devices, with well laid out and clean menus.

This software has no contract like some, so it was very easy for us to try it out for several weeks with literally no money required.

It does not integrate with QB Desktop, and so far we have not found online accounting software to meet our needs. So for the time being we double enter much information. :(

Will
Office Manager in Australië
, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

The most versatile and customisable scheduling software

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Love this software, and the help desk is very helpful. There is a great library of help information too.

The forms add in with the ability to create forms that generate PDFs that attach to individual jobs - perfect for SWMS / pre-start checklists and other compliance documents. Very fast and responsive. The app is great and invoicing is a lot more versatile than with other systems since you are able to set up templates for emails, SMSs, invoice/ payment claims, quotes - anything can be customised.

Slightly clunky client input system, that allows only two contacts to be visible on any given job. It also inverts the name of clients rather than just storing it the way you entered it into the system. So John Smith will be stored as Smith, John. This is problematic with company names, but it's not a big deal in the end because you can go in and change it back, it's just a little inconvenient.

Shayne
Owner in Australië
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

Not sure how I managed the previous 8 years without Servicem8!!!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Before serviceM8 I was running my business with quicken then MYOB which was good software, but with Servicem8 running along side MYOB I have seriously increased my business efficiency. No more double entries for clients information. From invoice to getting paid is so much quicker. Being able to add photographs against every job is so handy and easy to find later. The layout is super easy to use as well. I have even been able to track all inventory now which was just about impossible before.

Excellent price! Excellent follow up to any queries I had. Never once had any issues connecting online. Great bit of software and essential to any onsite servicing business

Now that I have been able to track my inventory I would like to see this show up when entering materials to an invoice and be able produce purchase orders as well.

Robert
Project and Technical Manager in Australië
Beveiliging en opsporing, 11-50 werknemers

Great Value

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use ServiceM8 for quoting, job management and scheduling of technicians. When jobs are closed and invoiced in ServiceM8 the invoices are then passed to Xero for processing. The iOS application is very simple to use and we have customised sign in and sign out documentation to make sure steps are not missed and SWMS is covered.

Simple to use and very cost effective.

Occasionally jobs drop out of the schedule for no apparent reason, and a lack of ordering means we have to re-type the parts into Xero for ordering. As some of our projects are large this leaves room to miss items.

Meriann
Office Manager in VS
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers

Very Convenient!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has helped the company stay on task, keep organized, and become a better business.

I like that we can see where each company vehicle is and also keep everything organized on the calendar. I also like the job tasks because it helps with remembering everything we need to do for the job. Love that we can add pictures to tasks.

I wish I could get rid of the online notes from Quickbooks on the home page. That is only for my own ocd reasons though. I like to delete things once they have been taken care of or seen and I cant with those. I also wish we could have dark setting for it so It is easier for me to look at.

Ben
Managing Director in Australië
Bouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer

ServiceM8 - It's just plain GREAT!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years now - gradually introducing features into our business. Everytime we start using a new feature, I find productivity goes up - while time to complete tasks goes down. The automation and integration of everyday tasks, means I spend less time working, more time with the kids, and overall am less stressed about the day to day operation of the business. It's cost effective - and considering you really only pay for things as you use them (ie. Bill a client for a job, pay for a job in ServiceM8) - it would have to be the most cashflow efficient tool you could implement. Customer support is brilliant, and overall I really think that ServiceM8 is GREAT!!!

Read the review - it speaks for itself!

No issues at all!

Jennifer
Service Manager in VS
, 11-50 werknemers

Great experience

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So nice to use out in the filed from your cell phone or iPad. That has been a real time saver for us. Great scheduling tool and super easy to use.

SM8 is very easy to set up and use. Their customer service is great. They respond quickly. I like that they have resources set up for you to refer to if you have any questions or need a refresher on something. The on-line booking request is a great feature for us. One of my favorite features is the job diary that keeps record of all the emails and text, anything pertaining to that job. This is very helpful in our industry.

It would be very helpful for us if you could export info in to Excel by line item rather than just by the invoice total. We service multiple pieces of equipment at one site. Would like a better way to track those rather than setting each piece of equipment as a site. Also if it would recognize and save email addresses so you didn't have to re-type them in every time. That would be a real time saver. It would be nice if you could customize the software a little more, even if it was for a reasonable fee. Overall I think SM8 has done a great job.

Sam
Director in Australië

Happy customer

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The main thing I appreciate about Service m8 is the way it allows me to stay organised with lots of jobs; past, present and future. I don't use the scheduling/staff tracking aspects, although other electricians I've put on to service m8 do & love it. It's also very well priced and the customer support is amazing

Logical layout, easy to use, customer support has always been great

Not a huge fan of the app layout, prefer using the desktop version