Gemiddelde scores

4,4 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,2 /5

Over Mailchimp

Het alles-in-één marketingplatform van Mailchimps helpt kleine bedrijven met slimmere marketing, zodat je sneller kunt groeien.

Meer informatie over Mailchimp

14.625 reviews worden weergegeven

Evelyn S.
Audiovisual Producer
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020

"Best option for mailing automatization"

Opmerkingen: I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pluspunten: Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Minpunten: It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2020
Geoff B.
VP Marketing
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

"Easy to get started, still needs some additional features"

Opmerkingen: I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pluspunten: I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Minpunten: I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

• Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019
Joshua G.
Manager: Crisis Services
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-2-2021

"Newsletters Made Easy"

Opmerkingen: Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pluspunten: I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Minpunten: While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

• Beoordeeld op 17-2-2021
Tina S.
Author
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-1-2021

"Best for beginners and experts alike"

Opmerkingen: My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

Pluspunten: After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out.
Reasons:
- it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away.
- the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done).
- you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc.
- you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation.
- create tags so that you can easily manage your audience.
- contains easy email builder.
- emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite.
So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not. It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

Minpunten: The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account. If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

• Beoordeeld op 3-1-2021
Wendy C.
DIGITAL MARKETER
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

"Not for a Beginner"

Opmerkingen: I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pluspunten: It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan.
Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Minpunten: Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms.
I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times.
For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated.
It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Melissa S.
Marketing Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021

"Great for Beginners"

Opmerkingen: Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pluspunten: We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Minpunten: I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

• Beoordeeld op 30-1-2021
Aimee G.
Director of Marketing
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2020

"Easy to use and manage for small business"

Pluspunten: MailChimp has certainly evolved and changed to suit business needs in the 5 years we have been using it. At first we only used it for HTML emails, but have since gone on to use Landing Pages, signup forms via Audiences, lead management, etc. As a small marketing team, we need a nimble and easy to use program and MailChimp is it.

Minpunten: Often times the templates can be frustrating as blocks won’t work or can’t be overwritten

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2020
Avash K.
WordPress Developer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020

"One of the Best Email Marketing Software"

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pluspunten: I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Minpunten: In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

• Beoordeeld op 25-11-2020
Curt C.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021

"Robust Email Marketing that Stays Ahead of the Curve"

Opmerkingen: As a startup marketing agency, we’ve used Mailchimp for many years. Unlike most other platforms, Mailchimp has evolved at a steady pace and stayed ahead of our needs each step of the way...not just maintaining the status quo like most other email marketing platforms in this tired space.

Pluspunten: Their ability to evolve in useful ways — mobile app, education program, email to postcards, etc — is what we like most, for sure, and why we stay with and recommend Mailchimp to others.

Minpunten: The thing we like the least? Small issues like the inability to see Segment sizes in an overview/list view (instead of how it is currently, requiring one to click into each segment).

• Beoordeeld op 23-2-2021
Melissa M.
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021

"Budget Friendly"

Opmerkingen: Overall Mailchimp is a great software to use to send out marketing emails to your clients and/or members. There are lots of templates to choose from and the set up is pretty straight forward.

Pluspunten: Mailchimp is a great software for those who have a low budget. You can get the basic features at no and/or low cost. The pricing is based on the number of contacts that you have, which is nice.

Minpunten: I felt like when they redid the dashboard, it was a bit confusing to me. I have already really understood how tags worked for what the advantage to using them was/is even then I was encouraged to use them.

• Beoordeeld op 5-2-2021
Shannon O.
Marketing and SEO Director
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

"The Product is Great But Very Pricey"

Opmerkingen: I started with the company back in 2009 and was sad that their pricing necessitated that I switch from them as a cost-saving measure.

Pluspunten: This newsletter software makes it so easy to send beautiful emails. The drag and drop interface and side-by-side editing panels allow you to see what it will really look like in a customer's inbox.

Minpunten: After the 2000 free subscribers, the pricing gets STEEP really quickly. I truly loved Mailchimp and tried to stay with the company because it's such well-done newsletter software. But for low-margin businesses, it's just too pricey. The lack of minimalist options for those who don't need a lot of fancy features means it prices out those not running a high-margin business.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021
Susan H.
Co-Owner
Landbouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021

"Build your email list and send a newsletter within an hour!"

Opmerkingen: Overall Mailchimp has been great to use and train others to use. If you are looking for a solution with low financial investment to test a newsletter communication system this is it. For years, I continue to recommend this to my small business students and non-profit organizations.

Pluspunten: The best part about MailChimp is the low-cost, easy-to-use system for setting up a company's first email newsletter. If you are a non-profit organization with turnover flow of volunteers, the simplicity of use is just what's needed for continuity without high investment of time.

Minpunten: While it's beneficial to have added features, changing design features can be a challenge if training staff on upgrades.

• Beoordeeld op 6-1-2021
George rex A.
Co-founder & CAO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021

"A Great Email Automation System Built with Fun"

Opmerkingen: My experience with MailChimp has been nothing but rewarding. Now I am seeing the value of such masterpiece in email automations.

Pluspunten: I like the fact that MailChimp adds fun and hand-like artworks to represent certain stages and outcomes in their system. This is really intriguing to me. I noticed that MailChimp has started working on a new email design editor. Though still in a beta version, I am pretty in love with the look and feel already. I've used this new editor to send out over 3 email campaigns and it has outperformed it's expectations.

Minpunten: I previously had challenges with the classic editor, especially with finding simple things like where to locate header elements and even adjust added contents. I would like to see this improved in the new design editor.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2021
Fabiola S.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

"Good Email Marketing App"

Opmerkingen: It is been great. I've mainly used it with small clients that don't much of automation.

Pluspunten: I really like that is very easy to use and to integrate it with many other apps. Also, I really love that is very accesible for everyone. Every freelancer, particular or company can afford it and take advantage of all the features it offers.

Minpunten: That when it comes to marketing automation, there are more advanced apps to this one. Maybe it that regard is a bit basic, however if you are starting it works great for what you need.

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021
Jennifer D.
Director of Development
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-1-2021

"Easy to use and free!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pluspunten: There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Minpunten: Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.

• Beoordeeld op 19-1-2021
Aliaksandr B.
Marketing Expert
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2021

"It is a good service, but for users with experience in Email marketing"

Opmerkingen: Well, Mailchimp is great for customers who cooperating with business a lot of time. Also service is great for a beautiful newsletters.
But the cons looks depressive. And I realise that I will use Mailchimp, but not for a long time, because other services are got better solutions and more loyal rules in the part of emailing.
Overall score is 7/10. But because of design and UI total score is 9/10

Pluspunten: Absolutely great design and graphics of Web and app versions
Great support
Good delivery to recipients

Minpunten: Well, the most uncomfortable this is that the HTML editor available only in paid plans. It is not good, guys, really.
Also it will be good if in Mailchimp will be the Email validation service in paid plans. Because I was banned for that thing, and the saddest part is that my customers are got their emails and Mailchimp customers service says that I shoul do a double opt-in procedure, even I've got the legal rights to mailing my customers (btw my audience is more than 10K of emails)
And one more thing: I hope that doon will be available a World Map with the real-time open/click actions

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2021
James A.
National Manager Information Systems
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021

"Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use."

Opmerkingen: Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pluspunten: The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe. Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool. Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost. Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete. Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting. API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Minpunten: Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage. They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair. Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.