Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out

Tonya M.
MLS Administrator
Vastgoed, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Minpunten: Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers.
Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.

Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2018
Ron H.
Dir Channel Support Programs
Machine- en installatiebouw, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Pluspunten: Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters.
Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I’ve seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.

Minpunten: Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can’t remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can’t customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it’s easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I’d call a rich UI experience. It’s basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can’t provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.

Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2016
Megan W.
Director of Programs
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Annually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.

Pluspunten: Very easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files. Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.

Minpunten: No spell check in quiz sections. Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection. Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.

Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2016
John M.
Marketing Specialist
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Pluspunten: I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Minpunten: Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2016
Grant H.
Technical Trainer
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great. Thanks
Grant

Pluspunten: ease of use

Minpunten: PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Great tool for Operations

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2019
Matt C.
VP Training
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pluspunten: This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Minpunten: It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

Great LMS and Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2016
Ken T.
Education Specialist
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Minpunten: Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

Mindflash Feedback 2017

Beoordeeld op 24-1-2017
Karen G.
Training Coordinator
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pluspunten: Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Minpunten: I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Easy to use for both admins and users

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2017
Matt G.
Training Director
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Minpunten: Nothing glaring

Perfect for compliance

Beoordeeld op 6-7-2011
Dan B.
National Operations manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pluspunten: This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Minpunten: There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

Extremely Helpful

Beoordeeld op 11-7-2019
Derek B.
Health and Safety Manager
Research, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Minpunten: Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

Easy to use training platform

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2017
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Maatschappelijk werk, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pluspunten: Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Minpunten: Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

Great Software for Training

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2017
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pluspunten: The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Minpunten: Limit of users

One word - wow!

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2016
Michelle W.
Director of Knowledge Solutions
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Pluspunten: Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Minpunten: Re-certification is still missing.

Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization.

Beoordeeld op 14-7-2017
Connie Q.
QA/RA Analyst
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Accessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device.
Easy to set up new users.
Cost effective for small organizations like ours.
Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing.
Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.

Minpunten: Not the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees.
Too many email notifications.
Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.

Reaching out to staff across two continents

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2019
Rob K.
Learning & Development Manager
Commercieel vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Pluspunten: The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Minpunten: Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

Easy to use LMS

Beoordeeld op 26-12-2017
Human Resources Business Partner
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Minpunten: It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

Mindflash LMS

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2016
Jason B.
Training Manager
Verzekeringen, 501-1.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Our business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.

Pluspunten: Mindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.

Minpunten: The tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.

I like it!

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2016
Denise W.
HR Manager
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have put together several Mindflash training sessions and really like it. It is a very easy, simple way of teaching people about a subject, providing a quiz to check their knowledge, and then using the tools to see completion of the training and how people did. It is awesome.

Pluspunten: Very easy to use! Great way to train people. Simply make up your PP presentation, upload it, put some audio with it if you want (rehearse as many times as you wish), and send it out to the users you want to do the training. Then, remind them if you need to by resending the link. Also find out how everyone did and who has completed and who hasn't. LOVE IT!

Minpunten: The only thing I have a little difficulty with is when I have audio and have to change the Powerpoint slides around the audio doesn't move so you have to redo the audio. I have not called customer service on this so maybe I am just doing something wrong??

A Good Training Platform

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2016
Nathan H.
Director of Operations
Consumentendiensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's all about the videos. Mindflash is a really good way to train your company if you can't have regular in person meetings. It saves a lot of time onboarding employees since you can just have them watch videos you previously recorded.

Pluspunten: The ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.

Minpunten: You can't delete users, you just have to archive them. The UI is a little messy. You can only have 1 admin.

Good and Getting Better

Beoordeeld op 2-3-2015
Randall P.
Business Consultant
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Mindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use. Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time. I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature. Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.

Review of Mindflash

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2019
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Pluspunten: Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Minpunten: Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

Mindflash is very versatile

Beoordeeld op 11-7-2017
Mike D.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pluspunten: Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Minpunten: No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program.

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2017
Steve D.
Professional Development Coordinator
Maatschappelijk werk, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.

Easy to use, but won't take you far

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2017
Rimoun O.
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.