Filteren op:

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Clio

Clio biedt een krachtige reeks tools om moderne juridische professionals te helpen bij het runnen, uitbreiden en beheren van hun bedrijven, van intake tot factuur.

Meer informatie over Clio

1.163 reviews worden weergegeven

Stephen B.
Stephen B.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-7-2019

"Fantastic Practice Management Solution"

Pluspunten: Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Minpunten: Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

• Beoordeeld op 6-7-2019
Thad S.
Thad S.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2020

"Security is lacking for the accounting side. Otherwise it's a very good software."

Opmerkingen: We have been with Clio since about the middle of October 2019 (today is April 3, 2020) and we are mostly pleased. I think that most case management software works on the same theory: a contact (person or enterprise) can have several different matters (cases). Like most users, we just want it to work and it does (with the exception of the accounting problem described above). Clio has so many helpful features and integrations that it could take a year or two just to get a small to medium-size office up to speed with using all the features. However, UNTIL CLIO FIXES THE ACCOUNTING SECURITY PROBLEM, DO NOT SWITCH FROM YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM.

Pluspunten: -It has very robust features and integrations.
- I love that the document repository is built-in and built into the price.
- Tech support is good via chat, so I can resolve issues quickly.
-Because it's the leading player in cloud-based case management, it seems like integrations are more numerous.
-Only on rare occasions have I seen the software go off-line or slow down.
-The outlook and word integrations are robust.
-It's easy to find experts who work with Clio because it's such a significant player. We are now setting up operations with a Clio expert bookkeeper. We could not do that when we used a competitor program called PracticePanther.

Minpunten: 1. EMBEZZLERS PARADISE. Clio's accounting security settings allow anyone who can make a receipt for receiving a payment also to be able to EDIT that payment afterward. So, a dishonest employee could make a receipt for $500 cash, pocket $300, and then go back and edit that receipt to be only $200. Right now are using carbon copy receipts as a workaround, but that's not very professional or 21st century. CLIO, YOU GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS. That same security setting described above also allows users with that setting to see a client's balance before their case is submitted (as a flat fee immigration firm, we want to be paid before the case is finished). Clio supposedly tried to fix this by allowing a balance to be viewed without being able to edit payments but that feature it doesn't work. 2. It would be nice to see a texting feature to verify appointments within Clio. Other cloud-based case management does that. With Clio you have to buy another program for texting. 3. It would be nice if we could see all communications for each matter just by clicking on the contact. It is something that Clio should make as a feature that can be turned on and off. It would work better for our firm because we represent individuals in immigration cases that could have three or four different matters.

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2020
Christopher C.
CTO
  • Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

"Clioed"

Pluspunten: We choose it nearly a decade ago. They constantly evolve and have address issue proactively. With the new integration to QBO it is a product worthy of consideration.

Minpunten: To manage the growing firm we needed to use FasterSuite to address the docketing shortcomings of Clio.

• Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021
Diane R.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-2-2017

"There has to be something better; going downhill for solos"

Opmerkingen: I have been using this since 2012 - at first it fit my needs and was marketed for the solo/small practice firms. It has increasingly become more cumbersome and takes longer to calendar and bill than I would like. The interest feature on the billing can only calculate simple interest. Once you enter the interest formula, there is no way to disconnect it so you are left to manually delete all of the entries. They have changed the billing process from a process that once took about an hour to taking about 3 hours. A bill is generated and placed under the Draft tab, you can view it, edit it, submit it for approval (a waste of time for a solo), or approve it - so I view it, see it needs to be edited, and click on edit, the bill comes up for editing, then once you've completed it, you hit Approve - and nothing happens which is new - you either can hit the go to bills Awaiting Payment link, or click on the Awaiting payment screen -- from there, you are forced to sort through all of your accounts receivable to find your newly edited bill. Once you find the bill, then you can Receive Payment from the trust account - but be careful since if your client has $500 in trust and the bill is $1000, the trust payment will pop up $1000, which you know is inaccurate, so you have to do another edit. Then the bill drops out of view and you either have to return to Awaiting Payment or Paid tabs - search through all of the other bills, find your bill, then you can download it - print it, or save it, and then email it.
If you want to enter a new appointment, you can do so on the calendar, but if you want to create a method to track the new client, you have to go to another tab to set up a matter, you can only input the client's name, not the address, not the phone number, not any other stuff that should appear at this point, in my opinion. Then you add in your number. Then you have to track down the name you just entered and try and add in addresses, phone numbers, email addresses. The process is incredibly time consuming.
Pros: Cost
Cons: Overly rigid, designed for those who have a data processor employee, time consuming, not customer service oriented - was marketed for solos/small practices and this is not the case any longer.

Pluspunten: Web based program and cost.

Minpunten: Rigid, time consuming process. So many things don't work and the process of finding a work around is cumbersome.

• Beoordeeld op 9-2-2017
Sean F.
Sean F.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2021

"Excellent all in one legal case management with lots of integration"

Opmerkingen: Clio is really one of the leaders in legal technology and for good reason.

Pluspunten: They have a huge library of integration apps to connect everything in one place. It can be tailored for multiple practice areas and multiple size firm.

Minpunten: Since the tool is so expansive it doesn’t always specialize well. I have one practice area and have a solo firm. It can do anything I need it to do but there are a lot of features and things that I don’t need. But the price is reasonable enough that it doesn’t feel wasteful.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2021
Daniel V.
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 1-4-2021

"Great comprehensive practice management solution for lawyers"

Opmerkingen: After almost a year with Clio I can safely say I'm happy with my purchase.

Pluspunten: The integration with Quickbooks Online is clutch. While there are still some additional functionalities I would build into it, I love that a transaction in Clio creates a journal entry in QB that I can then link to a bank transaction. Makes bookkeeping way easier.

Minpunten: I wish that a client could access Clio for Clients and Clio Connect at the same time.

• Beoordeeld op 1-4-2021
Yadira C.
Paralegal
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2021

"Great app, easy to use"

Opmerkingen: I have been using Clio for over 5 years, I have seen how they have been updating to the moon. I like how easy your job can be using this software. You can have access to your case everywhere, including on your phone(the phone app works fine too). If you work with a time, I can imagine a better option to do it, you all can see every movement everyone did in a case, it is amazing

Pluspunten: I like how intuitive can be the software, it is very easy to use, they are always updating the app with better features, they have a lot of integration with other software.

Minpunten: The customer service is a little complicated to contact. I have been trying to contact them and first, we can be in the phone for a while, second, they will not be able to help me on the first call, seems like the customer service it is not very familiar with the app. Thank god, I do no have to contact them often.

• Beoordeeld op 19-6-2021
Edward D.
Pres
  • Beoordeeld op 11-12-2020

"Clio is a Must!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, the best time and billing software out there. I have demo'd several and Clio was the clear winner.

Pluspunten: Generally Clio changed my practice. The software makes it easy to access critical data which is right on your dashboard, such as billing goals (day/month/year), A/R, actually vs. targeted billing, client and matters, just about everything a lawyer needs at his or her fingertips to make billing easy and efficient.

Minpunten: Sometimes, rarely, I find that info I need or a function I would want cannot be done which makes little sense to me. Also constructing Bills is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

• Beoordeeld op 11-12-2020
Yunus P.
  • Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021

"Clio: the best on the market"

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied.

Pluspunten: The software operates completely in a web browser. No cloud, no software to be installed on your desktop. If you have fast internet, you have fast attorney practice software, simply put. The visual layout is modern, visually appealing and easy to use. Clio is very customizable, and "works well with others" if have partnered with many great other platforms such as Lawpay, Quickbooks, and Zipwhip to name a few.

Minpunten: So far, nothing we least like about it Clio.

• Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021
L raymond M.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-12-2020

"Best management decision ever"

Opmerkingen: Outstanding.

Pluspunten: Clio saved my practice when I went solo in 2013. I could have retired, but I was still loving what I do. Just before my partner decided he no longer wanted to practice, we implemented Clio. My net income went up 50% from having a partner to working solo. His loss was barely noticed. When I took on a new partner in 2019, he was convinced in large part because we subscribe to Clio.

Minpunten: Tiered pricing. There are features I'd like, but the higher tier price does not justify the move.

• Beoordeeld op 20-12-2020
Peggy W.
Peggy W.
Legal Assistant
  • Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021

"Cleo will solve all your law firm problems"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

Pluspunten: I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

Minpunten: The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

• Beoordeeld op 22-3-2021
Amy L.
Firm Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020

"Satisfied Clio user for 5+ years, recently purchased for additional firm"

Opmerkingen: I am very satisfied with Clio as an online time management option. If you want/need to be 100% in-the-cloud, I would choose and recommend this program most highly to other firms. I prefer it to Bill4Time, CosmoLex, TimeSlips (not online). It also has things I like better than Prolaw (which also is not online). I don't use many of the advanced features Clio offers like integrations, Clio payments or even calendar, tasks because of the way may firms are set up. So, I can't speak to those features.

Pluspunten: I like Clio's simplicity and intuitiveness best. It really is the easiest time management program I have used. If you want to get up and running, like, literally, now, you can purchase Clio online with a push of a button and have open matters and clients/contact in minutes. I originally chose this product 5+ years ago for a small firm I manage, after looking at most of the online time management products on the market. I chose it specifically because it seemed the easiest in which to enter time. One of the attys I work with isn't great with a keyboard. Clio time entry required the least amount of effort, was the easiest to navigate and simplest to look at. But after using Clio, as well as, other online time management products (I manage a few small law firms), I really appreciate the easy of creating and EDITING invoices, which I do extensively at my firms. Lastly, I recently utilized Clio's FREE migration services to move from another online software, which I did not like. The migration took one hour on the phone, one day for them to migrate, and was pretty seamless! I've migrated data a few times (Prolaw and CosmoLex) and this was by FAR the easiest. The customer service is always great, even though I don't have to use it often because Clio is so simple to use.

Minpunten: Only 1. I haven't mastered LEDES ebililng on Clio yet. At one of my firms, we do only LEDES98 ebilling. If you don't know what this is, stop reading, you will not experience this minor Con. I am having trouble perfecting the LEDES98 txt files and uploading them. Granted, this is my first month of e-billing on Clio at this firm, so I'm sure customer service will correct it for me. It's just that a few other time management programs I have used had no LEDES glitches and uploaded perfectly the first time. The price is also high for small firms. But all online billing programs are.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020
Lindsay H.
Administrator
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 21-7-2020

"Great software and user friendly!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been great! They are always making sure to take the next step in integrations and constantly keep their software up to date and secure.

Pluspunten: I liked how the IT team literally walked me through the entire set-up/integration. To be 100% honest, they recovered & transferred my crashed billing entries from Timeslips into their system. There are so many positives re: Clio software that I cannot pick what I like most; however, the Quick Bill & Payment Plan features are very convenient. Oh, I can't write a review and not mention the LawPay integration. That is also a great feature!

Minpunten: I hate when I am asked for instructions on setting up their client portal because I have no instructions to give them. I wish Clio had a .pdf that I could hand to every new client. I also wish there were more options re: billing history printouts for the Court. This is VERY important when asking for ATTY fees.

• Beoordeeld op 21-7-2020
Richard F.
Principal Attorney
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2020

"Split personality software - two steps for the function of one"

Opmerkingen: Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Pluspunten: Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

Minpunten: As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2020
Þorsteinn H.
lawyer
  • Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020

"clio law DATA management"

Opmerkingen: Support easy super good. Clio fixed problems with non english characters in days, Timemattes did not fix it in 20 years we have been complaining.
Clio has extremely good search features and all sorts of filtering. For instance universal search that goes through matters, contacts, events, notes, tasks, time/expenses logs, documents content, doc, names, and communications (emails, sec. mess, phone log).
clio portal for clients, e sign easy to make form-documents connects to IP phone etc. Faster law is a must I would say. To make a great package even better we subscribed also to Faster Law which has done a fantastic add on to Clio. There you get tools to capture your time automatically, the programs keeps track on how long you spend working on case files, e mails etc. in different cases and suggests billable time for that. There is a lot more like file handling, better way to link e mails, save and link attachments and files, you can explore your files on Clio’s serves in you file explorer.

Pluspunten: For us the program has changed everything in the workflow to the better. In our opinion Clio’s forte is how flexible it is. Every law firm has its own different way of organizing workflow and Clio can accommodate for that, at least our whims and quirks which we have abundant of. The program is like potty in your hand. You mold and sculp the program according to your own special needs in the workflow. The only barrier is your own imagination. You decide how information is inserted, in what order and form and how it is presented. You make your own work procedures. You can organize and make chains of tasks beforehand and set the relevant type of chain of tasks to fit the case you are working on. Then, there and now, the future workflow is decided and set for that case.

Minpunten: You can not copy matters/cases and clients. It is not easy to move data fram TM to clio. We decided not to to it. Integration between outlook calander and clio calander does not work, it is so slow it is not usable. But the integration between google cal and clio cal is excellent.

• Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020
Patrick H.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-4-2020

"Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none..."

Opmerkingen: Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Pluspunten: Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great.
Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant.
Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help.
Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options.
Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users.
Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows...
Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests
The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

Minpunten: I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

• Beoordeeld op 21-4-2020
Laurie T.
Finance Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 20-2-2020

"Great functionality and awesome customer service"

Opmerkingen: Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

Pluspunten: What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

Minpunten: I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

• Beoordeeld op 20-2-2020
Tanya mitchell G.
  • Beoordeeld op 4-2-2020

"Clio has changed my life!"

Opmerkingen: My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

Pluspunten: I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Minpunten: Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

• Beoordeeld op 4-2-2020
Eileen noon M.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020

"Why I find a Clio essential"

Opmerkingen: Terrific.

Pluspunten: Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Minpunten: As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

• Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020
Richard G.
Attorney - Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019

"Best Decision I made was to make the switch"

Opmerkingen: Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Pluspunten: Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

Minpunten: It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019
Margy W.
Legal Assistant/Executive Assistant
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry"

Opmerkingen: Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

Pluspunten: I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio:
1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management.
2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills).
3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it.
4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

Minpunten: I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me:
1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used.
2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio.
3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier.
4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
Christopher P.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019

"A good product, getting better all the time"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with CLIO has been very positive. Having a system that tracks my cases, especially my time management, has been essential. While I don't love the algorithm used in the metrics, as opposed to just showing me what I have done and earned in whole minutes and dollars, having those metrics lets me see how close I am to meeting my goals. And the billing software is incredible and easy to use. Most of all, I like that the CLIO team seems to understand that there is always room for improvement and is asking its customers and users for feedback, and actually makes improvements. I have been using CLIO for only a year, and CLIO has had two significant improvements in that time, both that were in my view positive adjustments of an already good product. CLIO is some monolithic and static program that you have to take as it is; it continues to grow and improve with user input.

Pluspunten: CLIO does all of the basic things that a lawyer needs a case management software system to do - keeps track of clients, cases, related persons, keeps a calendar of events, even does billing in all the ways a lawyer bills a client. I especially like the document generation software, which allows our firm to efficiently create a large number of similar documents, motions, and other pleadings for our cases. Finally, I appreciate CLIO's ability to customize fields for contacts and matters.

Minpunten: CLIO is missing some things that I took for granted in other software, the biggest being warning the user when a scheduling conflict occurs on the calendar. For a busy litigation practice that spans several counties in my state, having a automatic conflict warning when I am scheduling would be extremely helpful in ensuring I am never double-booked. One of the things I hope CLIO will consider improving in the future is making their document templates able to be organized or with a search function. As an attorney who works in criminal court, family, court probate court, and civil court, I generate a lot of different documents, and its always a chore going through the list to find the one I need. Even organizing documents by category, which CLIO also permits users to customize as needed, would be an improvement in efficiency. A final thought for improving CLIO would be in the Contacts system, adding a checkbox to permit the use of a work address and other contact information for the contact, both when creating a contact from scratch, or when adding a new contact under a Matter as a related person. Right now, whenever I add a new police officer in my criminal defense cases, even though I have their police department in my contacts, I have to type out the address, phone number, website, etc. in the new officer's contact. A checkbox would save me a great deal of time, or just add the employer contact information as the contact's work addresses as a default.

• Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019
Sean L.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"Best feature set available"

Opmerkingen: Very positive; I love the software.

Pluspunten: Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it. I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

Minpunten: There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane. I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Sue F.
Paralegal
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019

"Clio's billing system"

Opmerkingen: Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

Pluspunten: We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key. The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight! Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Minpunten: Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth. The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

• Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
Jared L.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

"Review of Clio use and functionality"

Opmerkingen: I have been able to delegate more to my support staff by using the different scheduling and tasking features without giving up on my oversight, since I can verify overdue tasks and completed tasks. Also, my staff has been able to manage my calendar through the case and firm calendar features which allows me to draft more and be able to schedule more hearings. I am in and out of the office most days and the cloud-based aspect of this software and mobile app allows me to keep track of my schedule, access my matters, and contact clients as needed. Overall my experience has been excellent; I moved from using 4-5 programs and apps to manage my practice, to using 2 because of the integration in the Clio suite. I have recommended this software to several friends and have help to train some of them on the basics while they were feeling it out.

Pluspunten: I like the fact that there are different levels of cost for the need of your business. I started with one user on the lower tier, then moved up to include more options and added a user. I like the fact that not only does it provide billing and payment integration, but, at the time I upgraded, it included the monthly cost to use Law Pay (which I have also found helpful).

Minpunten: I feel there are some personal preferences I would like to use in my reports viewing and accounting. But there was a recent revamp rolled out a few months ago that did address some of my needs. Admittedly, although I have used the product for almost 4 years now, I have not watched all the tutorial videos or called with all of my specific questions, even though with the boutique package there is a dedicated help line.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019