Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Clio

Clio biedt een krachtige reeks tools om moderne juridische professionals te helpen bij het runnen, uitbreiden en beheren van hun bedrijven, van intake tot factuur.

Meer informatie over Clio

I love the notifications that offer support and training for new options and/or updates within Clio. I like being able to select certain calendars to see at one time or multiple at once if needed.

There is no restore your organizations work if a rogue employee deletes it or an accidental deletion without nefarious intentions.

Beoordelingen van Clio

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Clio heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.604 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Clio eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.604)

Joshua
Joshua
Attorney
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

The best option for our firm

5,0 4 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Heather
Heather
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

CLIO for Efficiency

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I see much more pros than cons. It is absolutely worth the money. I have been able to restructure certain areas of the firm to be more effective and our production has been going up annually since using CLIO.

Ease of use, e-signing with ease, invoices can be unique to our firm with templates for each client, cleaning up others time entries are simple as admin, and it just overall makes my job more efficient and enjoyable.

It needs work on adding my state laws and guidelines into the calendar. For example if I have a CT slip and fall case, it would be nice if the calendar prompted me to enter all my scheduling order dates, remind me when discovery is due per statute, etc… also an in office chat feature would be nice too! When we save emails from outlook the organization is not helpful for some attorneys and we cannot edit that. Also we need AI integrations!

Jeffrey
Principal in VS

Clio Meets My Firm's Needs

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I'm still in the process of moving all my files from Firm Central to Clio. But so far, I'm very satisfied.

I came to Clio because Thomson Reuters discontinued its Firm Central case-management product, and I needed a replacement. Clio has all the functionality that Firm Central did, but in a more logical, easier to use interface. I found that, with minimal instruction, I was able to get up and running. The Clio onboarding process was very effective.

Clio was designated by Thomson Reuters as its preferred partner to replace Firm Central. In that role, I would have expected the Clio team to have been a little more up-to-speed on the best way to migrate from Firm Central to Clio. Clio's team does migrate your data, and that went very smoothly. But "data" doesn't include documents, which is the bulk of what we were storing in Firm Central. Clio has no advice on how to move those documents. They simply recommended three third-party vendors. I contacted the one that advertises that it specializes in migration to Clio. It was going to charge me $3,000 to upload my files into Clio. But I'd still have to figure out how to get them out of Firm Central, which was my major challenge. Once I had them downloaded, Clio makes it easy to upload. At any rate, Firm Central's instructions were helpful, and the process went fairly smoothly.

Ryan
Owner in Mexico
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Fallen far from grace

1,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Awful. They look great at first glance given the supposed breadth of features they have, but when they start removing features without notice or you experience any problem with their software at all, it is all but guaranteed that they will be completely unable to assist and you will be left paying full price for a program that, at best, half works.

Clio used to have responsive and helpful customer support, but that was years ago! It was once easy to track and link payments to client matters, run useful reports, and handle cloud-based documents, but recently the software has seen nothing but bugs.

Clio is plagued with bugs and its cloud-based document system stops working entirely every few weeks or so, requiring a complete reinstallation of the desktop launcher. Clio also, without any notice at all, removed certain features that allowed for the linking of card payments from Clio Scheduler (a sister program), retroactively recharacterizing ALL prior card payments in a completely different manner and ruining my firm's entire accounting system overnight. Clio tech support is worthless and is never aware of any issues brought up to them about the software, no matter how debilitating the issue may be, and they endlessly put you on hold to "talk ton their team" while stalling and asking for more screenshots of the issue, only to tell you a week later that they can't help you. The software has fallen far from grace and serves only to be a very expensive patchwork of buggy integrations, paired with tech support that doesn't understand any of the details of their own program.

Amanda

Clio Review from AWL

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The platforms, both Manage and Grow, are user friendly and I have had a great experience with the software. I like that there aren't rollout after rollout of changes. I enjoy updates and accept them but I like that it's not a weekly occurrence (like Quickbooks). I have recommended Clio to others and will continue to use Clio.

Overall Clio is very user friendly. My clients who have commented on the use of Clio have had positive feedback as well. I like that there are training videos and customer service has been great the few times I've called. The integration with my Google Workspace and now having their own credit card processing fees is great too! This year I'm utilizing the Dashboard more, both on Manage and Grow and I do like how it works. It helps me stay productive.

For sections I haven't used as much, I have difficulty finding my way back to them after stumbling upon them. I would like to be able to attach receipts for reimbursable expenses to client's invoices. I would like to be able to mark client matters and/or client invoices as mail only so I know when to print the invoices and mail them to clients.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: QuickBooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Clio: I had Quickbooks at my previous firm and I hated their program. My boss was always on the phone with them because something wasn't working correctly. Every time I went to log time the format had changed. It is expensive. Clio was recommended by both bar associations that I am a member of and the free trial went very well for me.

Trish
Associate lawyer in Canada
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

A fantastic legal ops product!

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I've had a great run with Clio. It's packed with features that make my legal work a lot smoother, especially with all the docketing and billing. Plus, their support team is very helpful. It's been a game changer for the firm!

Clio simplifies docketing, billing and keeping client files organized, offering streamlined processes and automation that significantly reduce administrative overhead.

My least favorite aspect of Clio is the separation between Clio Manage and Clio Grow. These platforms offer complementary features essential for client file management and intake processes, yet their division necessitates two separate subscriptions. This separation not only increases costs but also complicates what could be a more streamlined workflow.

Daniel
CEO in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Why we are the Certified Partner of Choice

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Superb, excellent, spot on, inspiriing and productive.

Ease of use, Quality customer service, product innovation and of course the ability to provide the service we are committed to.

cost the cost is above most program and yet once again just like our services it is worth the money

Bob

Very Satisfied user

Features Ease of Use Easy to Administer Easy for part-time staff to use

Nothing really, i have found Clio to be a perfect fit for my solo practice

James
MD in VK
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic product and exceptional onboarding and support

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The onboarding process with [sensitive content hidden] was exceptional. She was very thorough and knowledgeable and we were up and running in no time. Clio is saving us a tonne of time and we have much better visibility and reporting.

Ease of use Integration with Outlook Doc sign Matter stages

Billing cost Not having two way syncing with email

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Smokeball

Redenen om over te stappen op Clio: Matter stages visibility. Team very keen to engage and discuss rather than trying to push a solution without fulling understanding our specific needs.

Maria
Paralegal in VS

Great Administrative Software

5,0 3 maanden geleden

I like the ease of use, easy to track all our client files in one location, the ease of logging into Clio anywhere and use the program.

Okay, so far my dislike would be that I cannot customize the Law Firm Dashboard.

Attorney Senior Partner in VS

Changed my practice

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Clio has been a game changer for my practice. Before I would write my time on a sheet of paper (sometimes any paper within reach) and hope it got entered at some point before the end of the month. Now, I immediately enter my time either on my computer or iPhone. A phone call, client conversations, anytime I work on a file it immediately gets entered into Clio. At the end of the month, Billing is a breeze. I am able to see all of my Billable Clients for the month and with a few clicks, they are all sent out by either email or Clio Connect. My clients can pay with their credit cards, and many times they have paid overnight before I even get to the office the next day. I remember when I first switched to Clio about 80% of my accounts receivable paid within the first week. My clients also like the billing detail with separate time, attorneys, and expenses. I have been able to create custom invoices to comply with some of my government contracts, which require invoices to look a certain way. We are also big fans on the integration with Office365. The software automatically creates a client folder on OneDrive when a new matter is opened. This has been a huge help in keeping everyone working on the same files and storing documents in the correct client folder. Also, the Outlook plugin has been great to keep all emails received and sent copied to the client's matter. I do not know how many times I have easily found an email related to a client matter.

I wish there was better integration with Infusionsoft (now Keap). There is a way to connect using third parties, but it would be nice to only enter client information once.

Lucy
Owner/Attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Solo Attorney Highly Recommends Clio

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clio has made me much more organized and efficient. My billing process is easier and smoother and I keep better track of accounts receivable. Much easier to track the progress of a file and leads. It is easy to share documents and communications securely with clients

Clio software is comprehensive and covers everything that I need as a solo attorney to keep my practice running smoothly and efficiently. Clio Grow is a new feature that helps me track leads, lead sources, the intake process, etc. It is very comprehensive and is easily merged with Clio Manage. The Clio help desk is excellent. Answers are always spot on. If they cannot fix my problem, they will honestly tell me that Clio does not have the capability that I'm looking for and they will offer to submit a request for that capability to be considered in the future. Clio is always looking to address customer needs.

Does not have all of the capabilities that I need but has most of them. Sometimes the queue for the help desk/chat is rather long.

Sean
Partner in VS

Best feature set available

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very positive; I love the software.

Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it. I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane. I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: PracticePanther Legal Software, MyCase en Rocket Matter

Redenen om over te stappen op Clio: Much better integrations with 3rd parties and a willingness to continue adding new integrations.

Eileen Noon

Why I find a Clio essential

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Terrific.

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Patrick
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great. Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant. Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help. Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options. Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users. Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows... Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Matt
Lawyer in Canada
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best in class

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I operate an entirely virtual law practice. Keeping all of my workflows and processes in the same ecosystem helps ensure consistency and efficient operations.

The single best part about Clio is the user interface. You can't overestimate the drain on your organization and your end-users by poor UX design. Clio is intuitive to use, and easy to customize. Their chat support is the best of any product I've used, in any category.

The in-app document management isn't great. It's good enough, but most users will want to integrate with an existing DMS.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: CosmoLex en Actionstep

Redenen om voor Clio te kiezen: Cosmolex had a less intuitive UI and didn't allow for batch changes, which makes it hard to iterate and improve. Actionstep has great automation potential, but didn't allow me to charge a second sales tax which is mandatory in my jurisdiction.

Overgestapt van: CosmoLex en Actionstep

Carter
Owner in Canada
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

First class tech with even more fist class people behind the scenes

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Highly recommend it like anything it's only as good as the data the users put into it and quite pleased in its reliability.

Clio is always adapting to improve and take feature requests into consideration while balancing innovation with consistency of interface and only incremental changes so as to not frustrate the user experience with too many changes all the ones. Beyond the tech, right from the beginning many years ago Clio stood out in customer service in terms of being very responsive, striving to find a solution to every problem where available, and being straight up in simply admitting that they don't have certain features developed yet and it's not available rather than trying to do a sales job or sugarcoat the fact that there will always be limitations in software meeting everyone's different needs perfectly. It's a very stable platform, secure, and the developers are even aware to do any sort of systemwide updates during times of low usage.

Maybe not so much a specific Clio issue, but rather mostly us as a user limited capacity challenge, there are many integrations and improvements which we could be adapting into our system but have just become stalled in locking the bandwidth. Quarterly or semiannually review (soft audit) of how each business such as ours is using the software would be beneficial with a systems person from Clio providing a couple recommendations of next steps that our group could take that would have a significant impact on better utilizing the tools.

Leah
Office Administrator in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

I highly recommend Clio to any practice

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have been very happy with Clio. I think it really streamlines everything. I am particularly happy with the billing and invoicing features.

I like the ease of use. We were able to switch over seamlessly with no issues. We were ready to go on day one of launch. It is intuitive and easy to use. We used our previous software for 20 or more years and we were able to switch over with no issues. Everyone in our practice has been able to transition with no issues.

The only issue I have with Clio is when using it with Quickbooks, when you create a check in Quickbooks with multiple matters on the payment it ports it over as one expense and you have to then separate it out into the different expenses for each file. It creates a situation where you have to put the entries in twice. I think this is a Quickbooks issue more than a Clio issue, however the problems remains that same.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Amicus Attorney en LEAP

Redenen om over te stappen op Clio: We were being forced to switch from PCLaw and Amicus because they were no longer going to be supporting each other with updates. There were some issues with LEAP's software and the way that we handle practice management that would not have worked for our firm.

Automotive, 2-10 werknemers

Clio has changed my business model

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: First thing first. Clio's customer and technical support is top notch. They are excellent at getting you started and set up. It only takes a few clicks to get connected to support and once you are connected it is secured using your support code. Clio has helped generate and speed up my intake, processing and document creation dramatically compared to where I was before.

Having my client information, cases, documents, templates and invoicing under one system is a dream come true.

I wish Clio had more in-house created integrations with apps versus using services like Zapier to make the connections and send data from apps or services to Clio. Zapier can be very clumsy and if something gets updated in Clio's software you sometimes have to rebuild the Zapier.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: CaseFox

Redenen om voor Clio te kiezen: It all started with Keap not being able to send text messages anymore. That got me looking at other services. I had watched several videos on Clio a few years back but decided to go the cheaper route with another case management service which ended up not having near as many options inside the system. Clio was the perfect answer to having everything under one roof.

Overgestapt van: Keap

Redenen om over te stappen op Clio: Clio has more features and better support.

Managing Partner in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Highly motived to get this to work... but it is a nightmare.

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Clio has tremendous potential. Their support and sales staff are extremely nice people and I feel terrible writing such a poor review of their product. I am concerned that Clio's development staff lacks experience with developing a robust financial accounting system. I feel the current system has been developed by a bunch of very smart people who have never actually run or operated a business. So many of these glitches are just basic. Previous to attempting to use Clio my firm used Quickbooks Online, Google Apps and Google Drive with an internally developed call management system. It worked well for us but the Clio interface was just beautiful! We are paying about a month now for Clio and I regretfully feel I have made a major mistake with this system. My CPA, however, is quite happy with all the new billables cleaning up the mess this system has caused me.

Thought was put into the billing and time capture capabilities of the software. Great implementation with Google Drive and the advertising tracking is a brilliant idea. Actually, the entire software package is well designed and has tremendous potential. But...

But the implementation of all this is not good. The click flow of the user interface is very cumbersome. Basic tasks require far too many user interactions and it is not streamlined. Reporting is basic and requires .CSV dumps of data to recover meaningful information such as a summary of collections in a month for all staff broken down by time keepers. The Quickbooks implementation is a disaster. Trust Account sync creates a journal entry for each debit/credit to your trust bank account whenever you add funds to trust or use trust account to pay a bill. This is all well and good except that in Quickbooks, journal entries are a separate line in the ledger. That results in two lines in the ledger for each transaction. My firm deposits thousands of dollars into our trust account daily and this quickly generates a maze of transactions in our accounts. Where this is more problematic when we do batch deposits because well we don't have just one client a day. So now when I need to reconcile my accounts I need to then go sum up all journal entries and ensure the accounting is correct. Even worse is when writing a disbursement from Trust it seems that the same journal entry process is used to create the draft. The problem is that I cannot print a journal entry from Quickbooks, so we need to hand write the check. Support tells me the work around for this is to deactivate the sync feature and enter the check in Quickbooks manually.

6 jaar geleden

Hi Steven, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback¿you raise some excellent points and we're very sorry to hear about your frustration with our Quickbooks integration. We'll have someone from our team reach out shortly to see how we can resolve this for you¿we're extremely motivated to keep customers like yourself happy and we'll do what we can to make that happen. If you have any other feedback, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks, Steven!

Joseph
Managing Attorney in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Clio is an essential part of this law firm

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Having direct access to the company, and the developers is a huge benefit to using Clio. If there's something that's not quite right, there's usually an easy fix or workaround, and you don't have to wait around for days or weeks to get a response from support. As far as the software itself, we love the nearly limitless integration ability of Clio, and the fact that they're always adding/improving features, like CourtRules, which is essential to our litigation practice.

We've been powered by Clio since 2011, and at the time, subscription software was a new concept, which took me a while to warm up to. Eight years later, however, everything requires a subscription, so this is a non-issue. I can only think of two things that I wish Clio would come up with a fix for: (1) ability to merge duplicate contacts; and (2) bring back the ability to have a less expensive subscriptions for non-attorney users.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for the feedback, Joseph! We've shared your feedback with our Product Team. Though a one-click merge contact option isn't currently available, the steps listed here will help you achieve the same results (hope this helps!): https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002325034-Is-There-a-Way-to-Merge-Contacts-

Very Satisfied

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied; excellent product.

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Lawyer in Canada
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Best all-in-one solution out there

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a major time saver. It's great for billing, keeping tabs of your time, costs associated with a file, trust money for each file, docketing, contact lists, and all the rest. It feels a bit short/incomplete in some areas, but they keep improving it so hopefully that will happen soon. It's still the best damn law practice software out there, and I've searched high and low!

- Easy to use and learn - Easy to show others to use - Really easy billing features - Great organization - The Notes feature is fantastic and replaces any need for docketing and memos to file - The "add time" feature makes it easy to keep track of billings and what's to go on the next invoice - The linking of contacts to files is a time saver - The Calendar is easy to use and does what you need it to - The accounting that exists is great for keeping track of the movement of money directly connected with a file. It has helped keep my trust accounting immaculate. IT also helps me keep track of expenses associated with each file.

Clio is fantastic and the best solution I've been able to find, and I've done a lot of searching both before and after buying Clio. That said, Clio seems half finished in some areas and I'm hoping more work will come. - The accounting is adequate, but should go a lot further than it does. I would love an integrated cheque writing program, for example. - I don't know why you can't have more than one client per file. It's a small thing, but it bugs me. I put additional clients in the "contact" list associated with the file, and just pick one as a primary client to list. It doesn't matter, but again, it's a weird oversight. - The firm metrics is a great idea, but it seems half finished. I don't know why, but it doesn't save stuff year to year and just dumps the information. There's also a dramatic lack of ability to customize things. This is frequent in some of Clio's features, such as how to list matters or client names. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a weird thing to not make more usable. Overall, Clio is a fantastic program and I don't know how I'd run my practice without it. It's a lot better than everything else I've tried. I just wish the damn thing integrated with more programs and capabilities, and that they just expanded on it. I think the reason why it's frustrating is because it's so close to being sort of perfect, and they just don't go far enough. Hopefully they'll keep adding to it and raise it to that level! It's definitely worth the buy.

Candace
Candace
Attorney in VS

I have been so impressed with Clio. There is so much it can do and the customer service is amazing.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There are too many to mention. I was only looking for conflict management software and didn't know if I needed a case management software because I am a solo attorney that is just starting out. It turns out that Clio does so much more. The timer feature lets you track work on different matters and easily switch to a different matter when a phone rings or interruption happens. You don't lost time. The billing is clean, neat and easy. After that you can move on to so many other options -- document automation, cloud storage, phone logs, email logs, quick and easy email drop. I have been here less than a year and I wouldn't switch. I am so pleased with Clio and how it makes the business end of practicing so much easier.

What is best? There is so much. The Dashboard (to see instantly how the I am doing, and for each client so I can see how much time and billing has occurred on each matter and easily find the information I need); Time keeping, invoicing, secured email, email drop (to easily put emails into client matters in Clio and free up inbox space, ) and DOCUMENT TEMPLATES with Custom Fields -- I have automated my engagement letter, a basic client letter, will forms, POAs, etc. It saves so much time. To write a letter and not have to look up an address or block/copy it is so nice. You generate the document and edit to start typing the body right away. It requires work on the front end but in the end it is worth it. Also, the customer service being one click on a chat icon away is great. They are so friendly and talked me through invoicing each month for the first few months.

The customer service and training videos are great but sometimes it feels like an Easter egg hunt to find out what all it can do. I spent the first 8 months just keeping time and doing invoicing. I knew it did other things but wasn't sure what and how. Once I started digging around I have been amazed at what all I have found. It has saved so much time and made things for a solo attorney so much easier. I am sold.

Dess
Estate Attorney in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Clio Payments is a bad business decision

1,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall Clio has been great except lately with this huge problem I’m having with collecting client payments timely and also that Clio is giving my firm contact info out to all its third party providers. I’m getting frequent sales solicitations about Clio product integrations, by email and phone calls. Not happy about more solicitations and don’t see any way of stopping Clio from encouraging its partners from calling and emailing my firm (wasting resources).

Easy to switch from LawPay. Integrated easily with Clio (but so did LawPay). Supposedly lower fees.

Terrible turn around time for payments by credit card. 5-7 days! No explanation or customer service for the delays in processing time. Very difficult to switch back to LawPay - they make you schedule an appointment to talk to someone who takes your time to tell you how difficult it is to switch back to LawPay, plus they want you to cancel all your pending payments, which they didn’t require when switching from LawPay to Clio. No regular reporting or monthly statements - you have to figure out the reports on your own and calculate the fees charged yourself and download the transaction history periodically. The fees are deducted first before payments are made, which skews the income tracking for accounting purposes. I.e., the client payments from bills don’t match the bill amount. The customer service representatives have no power and don’t seem to care one way or another, though the sales reps cared about switching you over to Clio payments! Is Clio changing from a great company with real people who are concerned with helping law practices succeed to a mammoth company just concerned with its own bottom line? It’s starting to seem that way.

vorig jaar

Hi Dess, Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience. A Support Specialist has reached out to talk through your concerns in more depth and hopefully resolve them for you. In the meantime, here is some additional information regarding your feedback. 1. We do not share our customers' contact information with third-party providers. We also strive to only communicate relevant, useful information to our customers. That said, we've clearly missed the mark here and would like to work with you to adjust your communication subscriptions. 2. Clio Payments and LawPay have the same processing times. For both products, you'll typically see credit card payments processed in 1-2 business days*. Here are some resources: - *Clio Payments Credit Card Processing Times: https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409104905115-How-Long-Do-Credit-Card-Payments-Take-to-Process-with-Clio-Payments - LawPay Credit Card Processing Times: https://supportcenter.lawpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034332251-Credit-card-processing-times 3. With Clio Payments, you have the option to get your transaction fees deducted in one lump sum each month, the same as with LawPay. Here are instructions but our Associate Solutions Specialist would also be happy to adjust that for you: https://help.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/9285813698075-Clio-Payments-Fee-Schedules Overall, we want you to know that we care deeply about the success of each of our customers. And we do not intend to make any of your requests more difficult than they need to be. We look forward to speaking with you and utilizing your feedback in our continued endeavour to provide the best-in-class service.