Workamajig reviews

Over Workamajig

Workamajig - de software voor workflowbeheer voor de creatieve sector. Het is een alles-in-één oplossing voor bureaus en interne teams.

Meer informatie over Workamajig

No integration with Outlook or Google Calendar. The search function doesn't seem fully developed, doens't always populate the things we are looking for.

Beoordelingen van Workamajig

3,3
3,9
3,7
Waar voor je geld
3,6

Workamajig heeft een totaalscore van 3,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 292 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Workamajig eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (292)

Controller in VS

14+ years using WMJ

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible. Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management​ team.

The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management​, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

The variety of offering the software can do is massive. Deciding in our office whats a priority to run as efficiently as possible can be challenging. For example, there is WIP in the software but because of our size its the right fit for us.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who's been with us for so long, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing! As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions, comments or suggestions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Gwen
Gwen
Chief Operating Officer & Partner in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

We call it Jiggy!!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software is consistent, our team loved the UI and it was relatively easy to implement because the customer success team was so hands on.

This is our 4th attempt at finding the right software to manage our agency, projects and tasks. Jiggy is here to stay!

The true PM side of this solution is not MS Project (but that is not necessarily a bad thing). We have made it work for our agency and are happy with the results.

Senior Art Director in VS
Luxeartikelen en sieraden, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Workamajig not worth it

2,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Not great. We ended up requesting a refund after months of testing and never being able to get it to run the way we needed it to run for or processes. Support didnt seem to understand our inhouse Marketing design and review process.

In our initial meeting with their representatives its seemed this program would work well to replace our outdated project management software

Nothing worked as it was described to work in initial meetings and support was very little help. I felt as though we were beta testing this program for them and pointing out all of the bugs, for which they had no solutions. Sharing reviews of Marketing materials, receiving comments back and keeping the project flowing became impossible with projects falling into oblivion and not showing up in anyone's queue, depending on what was clicked where or who clicked it when. This ultimately drove us to look for another program.

Shelley
Shelley
Expansive Brand Thinker - CMO in VS

Great Project Management & CRM Software for Mid-Sized Agencies

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I really like this software and would highly recommend it to any small to mid-sized agency that needs help to organize their project flow, tracking, client and vendor communications/task tracking/follow up and A/R or A/P.

Workamajig helps our brand management agency track all necessary project information in one central location. Everything can be documented, from tasks to meetings, time entry, creative briefs, project proofs, PO's and invoicing. It is fairly easy to use. Also it is great for looking up projects from the past and creating new dockets based on the structure of past projects. Because Workamajig is web-based it provides a very user-friendly interface for team members no matter where they are located. Project home pages can be customized by each user, so they can show or hide a dashboard that features what is most important to them based on their role or how they work. Access rights and privileges are easy to assign as well.

It can take a while for new users to get used to where everything is accessed as far as entry points for critical information or reports that you can pull. The user interface can be a bit confusing for project income forecasting - for example having to open more than one area of the project to enter Accounting information and billing dates, as well as checking off - "Include in Forecast" at the estimate stage. There are also many ways to achieve the same goal but it can be more confusing than helpful for some - I think there could be some simplification of steps needed for setting up things like project sales forecasts.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Shelly, Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to hear that your team is gaining value from having everything detailed in Workamajig. I'd like to do what I can to make your experience even better. We do have different options available for revenue forecasting, as flexibility is necessary to cover the various needs in this area. Ex: fixed fee vs. time and materials, and the ability to create different versions of estimates on a single project, and decide which should be a part of the revenue forecast. We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can simplify this, while providing the same flexibility - please let us know at [email protected] Looking forward to hearing from you :) Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Shelly
Shelly
CFO in VS

Workamajig from a CFO perspective

4,0 4 jaar geleden

The ability to download just about any information into csv file and analyze easily, without modification of formatting, into tables and pivots.

The slide in and out screens in new platform.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Shelly, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from the ability to download any information into csv files. The sliding screen format is designed to create a breadcrumb path of where you are in screens that may have more details/drill down. You can also easily close them all by simply clicking on the left most panel without having to close each slide out panel individually. If you'd like to open each screen in a new window, you can simply ctrl+click the screen you'd like to open and it will open in a new window. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected] Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Dan
Dan
Creative Manager in VS
Omroepen, 201-500 werknemers

A dense, useful, but often unituitive task management platform

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As an end-user, Workamajig was helpful once I overcame the long process of learning the system. The system worked for a long time in helping manage complex tasks, budgets, etc, but we ultimately are transition for something more MEDIA friendly.

In the complex world of task management for video production, Workamajig fielded many of the needs we threw at it, to varying degrees of success. Fairly customizable, with a ability to create custom and interdependent forms When they upgraded to Platinum a few years ago (from Classic) the interface improved its usability. Notifications settings were easy, and program didn't default to an overwhelming amount of email.

A fairly steep learning curve. The interface is very text heavy. Tracking the progress of tasks was often difficult, without intuitive features like status bars, etc. No simple and effective way (in our video environment) to store and display media, generate proofs, etc. Search functions didn't live update, making navigating backlogs more cumbersome.

Ryan
Ryan
Senior Copywriter in VS

Worka-meh-jig

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I try to use it as little as possible. From an interface that makes me pray that future generations never see it, for fear of embarrassment, to a completely average list of features, most of which are completely useless to me, I find workamajig is best and perhaps only suited as a time entry and billing platform. Strip it of all the bloated nonsense and I think you have a much better product.

Budget tracking. Time management. That it can serve as a single source for the entire length of a project, making it easy to track progress over time and locating assets from as far back as the beginning.

The clunky interface. The difficulty of navigation. That anyone can look at any diary post, regardless of whether they are on the job or not. That you can't download all attachments at once. That it still runs in Flash despite Flash being the industry standard from 10 years ago.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Workamajig has released our Platinum interface, which is HTML5 based and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our training team is also happy to aide our clients in the transition from Flash to Platinum with complimentary training on the new interface. Our team is waiting to assist at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Yeliza
Yeliza
Associate Media Director, Programmatic Lead in VS

Great for Resource Management but not for Workflow

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience has been great for what I need from the software. The support team is pretty quick to response too.

I love the new Platinum version; it's so intuitive and easy to use. I practically live in Workamajig - it's where I do all of my scoping, resource management, timesheets and insertion orders for various mediums.

I don't like their workflow option. It's confusing and compared to other softwares, it's old school and clunky.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Yeliza, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you love the new Platinum interface and find it easy to use. Please let us know if we can be of any service with questions at [email protected] Best regards,

Sam
Sam

Better Than C&P

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I like how it's very easy to navigate and find out information you're looking for. But mostly, the billing process is so much more streamlined that Clients & Profits.

I really feel like a mobile version of Workamajig would be great!

4 jaar geleden

Hi Sam, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled to hear you find the billing process streamlined and the interface easy to navigate. WMJ can be accessed on mobile devices by opening a safari or chrome browser on your phone/tablet then using your login url/platinum. Let us know if you have any questions regarding mobile access or other questions at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Cory
Cory
Junior Writer/Editor in VS
, 51-200 werknemers

A comprehensive project management platform

4,0 5 jaar geleden

I like that Workamajig has so many features. My team uses it for project management, proofing, estimating, and so many other things.

The expansive features can be a double-edged sword. As great as it is to have so many features, it's also a bit frustrating trying to navigate the platform. the onboarding process for this program is a massive undertaking.

5 jaar geleden

Hello Cory, Thank you for sharing and we appreciate the feedback as we are continually working to better our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Terri
Business Manager in VS

Workamajig

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.

Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

We chose to use our own server, instead of being on the Workamajig server. I would recommend that you be on the Workamajig server, as they make certain that updates are completed in a timely manner, and in the long run will make your life easier. This is not really something that I dislike about the software, but a recommendation that I would make to someone thinking about purchasing.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Terri, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that your team is gaining value from Workamajig and that you found it easy to set up! As always, our team is here to help at [email protected] Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Marketing Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Workamajig is an excellent project management tool plus more!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can't get into specifics on how our company uses Workamajig due to confidentiality reasons, but I will say the Workamajig team whether it is the leadership, support or engineering team is definitely a Class A organization. They put forth the time and effort to support their customers which is priceless in todays environment!

What I like most about this software is the ease of use for the admin functionality. When the business comes for updates, its easy to come up with a solve and address their business needs. We have expanded Workamajig use in so many facets of the business. Due to this and the automation that can be set up with other applications we are taking efficiency to the next level.

Teaching the business was a little bit of a struggle since there are so many ways to get to what they are looking for. Although listing this as a con, it can be taken as a positive also. People think and operate in different ways! URL's can also be supplied and set as a bookmark to help users out.

4 jaar geleden

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm so happy to hear that you're team is gaining value from Workamajig! If there's anything we can do to make your experience ever better, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] :) Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Jennifer
Creative Services & Operations Director in VS

We selected this tool to streamline our agency functions, increasing efficiency and productivity.

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Project management software tool specific to the advertising agency structure and workflow. Integration of all the necessary parts from beginning (new client, new project) to end (billing). Monthly updates. They listen to users' feedback and make updates in response.

Initial setup took a full year. It was a big process and should have been accomplished quicker. Availability of trainers and time allowed were limited. There is some limitation to customization but it seems to be improving.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for sharing your experience as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product and implementation process. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please let us know if there are any enhancements that would improve user experience at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

KRISTEN
Traffic Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Workamajig is fine until we find something better

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: You need to make sure you have a trainer who understands the software. We have not in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to have a training session with someone who is guessing their way around the software ... again, this shows how the program is NOT user friendly.

I like being able to track projects within the software and the diary/conversation portion of the project to see where things were left if a project becomes stagnant.

The software is not user friendly ... especially the Platinum version. It makes it too confusing and Platinum can't do everything Classic can. I feel Workamajig makes tracking harder than what it should be.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Kristen, Thank you for your honest feedback as we are continually working to improve our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our client satisfaction team is here to insure you are getting the most from the training sessions by checking-in after each session and periodically thru the year. They are happy to address any concerns at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Director of Finance in VS

WMJ Review- 3 years in

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our experience with WMJ has been mostly positive. It is always a transition to move over to a new agency and accounting software. They were very helpful during the transition with a lot of training and reaching out from our contact at WMJ.

Search bar feature-- I love that you can search for any vendor, vendor number, project number at the top of the screen quickly and easily.

Some of the reports are not as easily customizable as others. They ARE customizable in the new mainframe, Platinum, but we still use the Classic version. Eventually we will have to learn the new software and switch over. It could pose challenges, as they will no longer update the Classic version once Platinum is fully functioning.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you feel supported by our training and support team. Our goal is to help our clients easily transition to the new Platinum interface, so we are happy to offer complimentary training on Platinum to aide in this process. Please let us know how we can be of service at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Programmer in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Pretty good and a definite improvement over the old system

4,0 4 jaar geleden

We previously had separate systems for project management, timers for time sheets, time sheet entry, and tracking sales and prospects. With Workamajig it lets us do everything in one place. No more having 4 or 5 different websites or applications open at once.

The flash version constantly freezes for me. This generally wouldn't be a problem as they're moving away from the flash version anyways, but there are issues with the new Platinum version. Meetings are moving around or disappearing without a user making those decisions. When stopping a timer it will occasionally record that you've been working for negative time or just 0 out.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear WMJ has provided an integrated solution for your team. We would like to make your experience better by investigating the issues you are having with the calendar and timer. Our support team is waiting to help at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Caitlyn
Design en ontwerp, 11-50 werknemers

Review

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I like that you can create a bunch of different job needs (estimates, time sheets, etc) all in one system.

I struggle with the new format because i have to go into a bunch of windows to get one piece of info and then exit and then go back through the process when i have to update something again. I spend more time going through the windows than working on the job. The calendar job start and end dates are absolutely infuriating. Every time i change one date, others change. it will even change the logic option (must start on, must end on) on me, which doesn't make sense. Our projects are so different, i just want to be able to put whatever dates I want without the system trying to correct me.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Caitlyn, Thank you for taking the time to review our product, your feedback is important to us. I'm glad to hear that having everything in one system has been a benefit to you. There are available solutions to the specific issues you mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

abraham
Creative Ops Manager in VS

Workamajig does it all

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I like that it let's you integrate all aspects of the business. From finance to scheduling. It has lots of capabilities in one package.

Figuring out how to use all the features is not so straight forward. It takes a lot of research to learn how to do certain functionalities such as setting up tasks lists for users.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Abraham, Thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To insure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Tony
Senior Architect, Technology and Integrations in VS

JIG

3,0 4 jaar geleden

JIG provides reasonable daily schedule management.

Flash, Flash, Flash. The name of the product is silly really. I am a little embarrassed when a client asks what we use.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions, or to schedule your free platinum training. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ] P.S. Re the name; we really wanted it to be 'Super Awesome Free Range Low Calorie Agency Management Software Application', but we were denied that option...

Lauren
Director of Account Management in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

User friendly and used agency-wide

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We mostly use this system for job numbers, budgets and estimating/invoicing. It performs best for us in those key areas.

Its user friendly for budgets, teams and schedules. The dashboard allows you to see how things are tracking to budget and if you are in the green or red of projects. Only downside to this is it requires that people do their timesheets on time. :)

Really time consuming to estimate hours, assign staff and create timelines in this system. In the world of advertising, things change, so I'm hoping WMG rolls out a system to make scheduling more efficient so it's less time consuming.

2 jaar geleden

Hi Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to review our product.I'm happy to hear that our product has helped your team with budgeting. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected], we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Clara

Platinum vs Original

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: -I was trained on Workamajig Platinum and original at the same time as the office was transitioning from the old version when I was onboarding. In the end, the functionality of the original version made it necessary to stick to the old one to get work done though I prefer the look and feel of Platinum. - Please make Platinum able to print diaries without losing formatting -- our office needs hard copies - Also please add the missing "Track Budgets" selection on "Schedule" in Platinum which is needed to do timesheets and estimates. Previous version had to customize to add the column of check boxes, but not sure where this is in Platinum. - One more request for copying templates from another project --- would be great to have the ability to copy over without copying the people who were previously assigned to that project.

- Interface looks great - Lots of fantastic features from project management to timesheets to tracking budgets

- Diary posts don't print consistent formatting - Some features lost from the previous version - Timesheets can get glitchy when adjusting and deleting hours as you go throughout the day

Ellie
Senior Project Manager in VS

Great customer support; up and coming product

3,0 6 jaar geleden

This product is up and coming. It has a lot of great features but not everything but their developers are currently developing more and more each day. If you are a customer you can put in requests for how you want things to work and they submit them as tickets to their developers to consider. The software has a lot of features already that you can use and are adding more each release (about once a month). The customer service is great and the software is very very reasonably priced.

The current system requires manual work on our part in some cases to accomplish things that used to be automated in the system we used to use. The manual work is time consuming for us. Since the developers are currently working on the product the system does have some bugs and we discover them occasionally and have to work around them until Workamajig can fix them.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Ellie, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! As Platinum continues to improve, we are happy to provide training on new features and review streamlining processes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Nancy
CEO in VS

Workamajig is Our Agency Brain

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Best attributes: Project management Client management Project messages Time tracking

Traffic Not easy to setup Not compatible with Quickbooks Steep learning curve Difficult to get all employees and clients onboarded

4 jaar geleden

Hi Nancy, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm glad to hear you're gaining value with our product. Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting/Quickbooks, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. As always we're here to help. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Traffic Project Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Workmajig is a great tool

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Workamajig for about 7 years now and I always find it does everything I require. Customer service is also useful because you can always get a quick response to your simplest of questions and they even go as far as walking you through to a good solution

It performs lots of functions and integrates great with finance and allows seamless communication between team members.

Finding settings and features that the system might have is difficult. Software obviously designed by engineers not by designers.

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for sharing and we'd like to make your experience even better! We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected] Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

SEO Director in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Easily Manage Multiple Projects

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Project management has been the greatest benefit of using Workamajig,

The ability to easily see tasks across multiple projects and when they are due.

Took a long time to really understand how to use the software effectively.

4 jaar geleden

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! I¿m so happy to hear you¿ve gained value from our product. Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. As always, we¿d love to hear from you with any questions or comments. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] Best, Hannah Team Workamajig [: ]