Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Spiceworks

Download gratis IT-helpdesksoftware voor IT-professionals en systeembeheerders. Ondersteuning en mobiele apps ook gratis.

Meer informatie over Spiceworks

Integrated decently with Exchange. Very low cost and a good KB.

The biggest con is that if you have a "team" in your Spiceworks, it's a bit of a pain to get the inventory cross-team.

Beoordelingen van Spiceworks

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Spiceworks heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 558 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Spiceworks eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (558)

Joshua
Joshua
System Administrator in VK
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers

Ever looking for an IT Asset Management App to use ..... Spiceworks has it all

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: My life became easy when I stated using Spice work to update all the IT assets, as I can add new devices from anywhere and monitor who was assign to a particular device for tracking and report documentation.

The beauty of updating IT Assets all in one place from Mobile device to Laptops to Printers and the ability to save credentials for assessing those devices in a shot note for easy of continuity.

I haven't find any fault using the app, so there is non for me to write

john
IT Consultant in Nederland
Computernetwerken, Zelfstandig ondernemer

SpiceWorks Cloud IT helpdesk for free!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Spiceworks IT Helpdesk Cloud version does everything I want from a cloud based Ticketing system so even though its lacking some features which I hope will get added soon as ive mentioned earlier it does do everything you would expect from a basic IT Support helpdesk ticketing system. So if your looking for a free IT helpdesk solution I would really try out Spiceworks offering and also take a look at there cloud hosted version which I use myself.

Spiceworks ive used the community for years now so when I found there IT Helpdesk I started to use it but I then stopped for a while until there cloud IT Helpdesk came out which for me works best as I dont need to worry about hosting anywhere. So now I have a great IT helpdesk for my clients to log tickets with all for free!

The only Con to Spiceworks IT Helpdesk was that I was initially released as a windows installer which didnt really work for my business as I dont have my own servers, it wasnt until the Cloud IT helpdesk version came out that I then started to use Spiceworks IT helpdesk again as my client IT helpdesk solution. Its also lacking some features you would see in premium solutions but it does the basics and works for my IT Consultancy business.

Keenan
IT Technician in VK
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk review

3,0 2 maanden geleden

Spiceworks works well as a free help desk system. It does what it says on the tin. It has decent audit logging, relatively easy configuration, and a simple user interface.

It being free holds back some of the functionality, the way statistics are shown on the dashboard isn't consistent, and it's very barebones overall.

Mitchell
Manager, Information Technology in Canada
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool to get your company Help Desk up and running with little effort. Highly recommend it.

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool. It is free, easy to setup, easy to configure, easy to use, It creates a ticket number if setup to do so with an auto reply. Inviting team members is simple and all the history is logged. Very Nice!!!

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool. However the Knowledge Base usually comes up with zero search results.

Matthew
Director of IT in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Help Desk Where You Want It

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Starting a new role in the organization that had no Help Desk and no history or structure; Spiceworks proved to be the single biggest one thing that could be done right that would yeild improved IT services to the organization. User responsibility shifted to reporting IT issues using email and overall satisfaction improved and service impacting issues due to weaknesses in infrastructure, bad procedures or mislaid processes were identified by the ticketing system and corrected.

I started using Spiceworks in the cloud and then copied the database and importing it to our VM and lost nothing. It is an efficient and easy to use platform. Adding techs and break-fix categories to track what needs to be improved proved to be successful. This allows IT to focus on root cause and then to deploy solutions to prevent the same.

The reports need to be streamlined to remove redundancy. Quantity is not always a good thing and by compressing and focusing on key areas the reporting could be a lot better and less fractured.

Patrick
System Admin in VS
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Best ticketing system

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This tool has been great for us. It’s very user friendly which was better then other ticketing systems we looked at. It’s been very beneficial to be able to keep track of our tickets. One huge benefit is the use of the mobile tool to be able to access and our modify the ticket when our users are on call

Great tool for ticketing system. Being a small company we used excel to track calls and troubleshooting with customers and we needed a better solution to keep track of all the calls and tickets created. It’s been great that we can access this in office and on our mobile device to refer to past notes in a ticket when we are on call. One benefit that we love is adding and modifying fields in the ticketing system to keep track of certain information of the customer

Having gone from tracking our own calls manually this has been a huge benefit and we haven’t noticed any downsides to using this.

Luis Miguel
CCO in Mexico
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

This is the one solution to start with Servicedesk solutions

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great solution, it was our first service desk platform that give us excellent results.

Spiceworks is a high valuable solution with multiple levels, very easy to deploy, it could be setup as a level entry service desk solution but includes great features that you have on hand starting even with the free version.

As Spiceworks have several modules some of them remains with an effective use and could be great to have a configuration menu that disable that tabs not configured on the setup

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in VS
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

It works well for a small business support desk

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The UI is intuitive and easy to use, especially if you're new to helpdesk software. It's easy to use and efficient, making it ideal for a company with a small support staff. It's simple to use; I was able to set up my agents and ticket alerts and begin receiving tickets in a matter of minutes.

For internal clients, we rely only on Spiceworks as our ticket-based support system. If a user experiences a problem that can be resolved by IT, they need only visit the site and, in a matter of seconds, create a ticket that includes screenshots and other information that will aid us in fixing the problem as soon as possible.

My only gripe is that it is not simple to view all tickets in one place, regardless of their status, using the "my tickets" feature.

Systems Administrator in Canada
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers

Ideal free helpdesk for small to medium businesses

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I have been very happy with Spiceworks, especially the community of users.

It's impossible to beat the cost of free. The product is well designed and functions extremely well for the job it is designed for.

Larger IT departments won't be able to route tickets to specific teams. It would be very nice if spiceworks could expand its offering to include sub service desks etc.

Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers

Amazing for the Price (FREE)

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I don't know why I didnt try this soon, i think you presume if something doesnt have a high price tag then it wont be any good, but i was very wrong.

I love the ease of the ticketing system and the professionalism of the emails that come out from it. I have used some other IT help desk platforms but this one works really well.

The app isnt particularly slick but it works. I think in they could spend a bit more time on the app it would increase their portfolio tenfold. For the price it is a gem and you cannot go wrong.

Amber
IT Project Assistant in VS
Consumentendiensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Very User-Friendly

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been great. Since we've started using this (about a year ago) it has definitely improved our productivity, communication, and efficiency as an entire IT dept.

Oh, where to start! I love that anyone in our company can email a specific address that we have set up to forward from Spiceworks and it will automatically forward it to everyone on the IT team so we don't have to continue checking the actual software every 5 minutes. Also, when someone responds, it goes directly to the ticket assignee's email and we can respond from either the platform or our emails. It's also nice that it sends reminders of open tickets or things that have been untouched for a while. I like the dashboard to see the frequency of opened/closed tickets, as well as see which issues are the most prominent. The actual tickets have areas to specify the category of the issue as well as a 3rd party ticket# so it's easy to find. There is also a knowledge base that we can refer to people who have had similar problems as others in the past. And everything is in the cloud so we don't have to host anything to ensure that it's saved :) They just added a remote session option too which could come in super handy when troubleshooting an issue. Oh, and I like that it has internal as well as public notes and it saves a history of everything so can go back and revisit a closed ticket that was taken care of months ago.

The attachments are a little finicky. As in, it doesn't allow "inline" attachments (for when I want to show a screenshot in the middle of my explanation). And if I want to download a screenshot from a ticket, I have to right-click it and save (not a big deal) rather than just click on the print icon that's usually present in other attachment previews on different sites (like Gmail, per say). But honestly, I haven't really dealt with many other IT ticket help desk platforms so I don't really have anything to compare it to. The only other things I don't like are things that are user-error based. Like how if we don't update the category or the ticket type in the actual ticket, the proper stats won't show in the dashboard.

Victor
IT Manager in Venezuela
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Spiceworks a great Help Desk suite with AiO preset that'll transform IT units into Rockstars!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I would recommend Spiceworks since can give you details that some other apps might be skipping out just like agent-less scanning that provides complete system details, including things like license keys for Microsoft software and toner levels on printers, the ability to manage Active Directory users and policies.
For sure the Purchasing tracking system will give you a hand to develop the IT Budget and track down your top ten assets requirements.

The ticketing system works great you can set categories and customize the SLA's at your convenience and with the reporting tool you can build your own Ticket time tracking charts and accomplishment report of tickets assigned and complete that works great for newly IT departments that want to leverage their support standards. It includes a user portal so people can keep track of their tickets but also allows tickets creation/update via email which makes things so simple for the end user you can customize this portal with the company logo and preset the auto response message using HTML code. We have been using the inventory feature which is really robust gives plenty details about the IT assets and their warranties. You can set networks scans and Spiceworks will give you very detailed information about everything on your network.

Spiceworks software network management needs a lot of the time it is discovering items that you have no interest in managing remotely and yet it keeps finding stuff and bringing it to your attention. The ability to manually add inventory items gets overlapped for the constant network scanning. Spiceworks could open up their code a bit more. Since some specific needs that wouldn't be difficult to integrate/allow but that aren't done with the OpenSource collaboration to add more features and solve the lack of some specific UX desirable features.

Nathan
Network Infrastructure Manager in VK
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Best bang for Buck IT Ticket System for infrastructure support

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Spiceworks filled the void where we relied on email for managing internal IT support cases, it's was a significant improvement for issue tracking and managing workloads. It's completely free you just need the hardware to host / run their solution. For anyone who is using email or teams channels to manage internal support cases just stop and switch to spiceworks. The issues with spiceworks is it's very limited on functionality, there's no round [sensitive content hidden] assignments, holidays rotas and multiple dashboards for split teams. It's a very basic ticket system ideal for small teams but don't let that put you off as it's trivial to install & configure and best of all it's completely free.

It's very easy to install & configure, their documentation on initial setup is straight forward and overall it's easy to use. It's a very basic ticket solution however it's completely free, if you're without a ticket system and just need something to get you away from emails then you'd be daft not to try it.

The lack of advanced functionality you find in paid rival solutions, round [sensitive content hidden], holiday rota, multiple teams and advanced reporting / dashboards are none existent.

Demitri
VS
Computersoftware
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Essential to my daily function

5,0 9 jaar geleden

This is a free product, which in itself is impressive when you consider what you are being offered. In addition to a customizable ticketing system, you are given an inventory system, and a newly added network monitoring function which so far has been nothing short of impressive (Until now I have been using PRTG Monitor, which in itself is a wonderful tool, but not free.) The initial setup is very easy, and and Spiceworks as a service has very low hardware requirements, meaning you can run it on an older laptop fairly well. The reporting function is a massive lifesaver, as it can help you generate a flexible list of everything from tickets (very flexible in what you want displayed, and how you want it sorted,) to your IT inventory (sorted by office location, purchase date, etc.) The ability to send these reports to our company's upper management to show hours spent on particular projects per month, or what assets need to be replaced due to original purchase date, is a very big plus. The community portal itself is full of helpful people who are always willing to share their knowledge. On multiple occasions where I had to find a solution to a technical problem, I found people who were quickly able to pull more details from each instance, and provide a brief list of solutions in a fairly short amount of time. When you are backed against a wall, this can be a massive lifesaver.

Plugin compatibility. Some older plugins may no longer work well with newer version of the software, as well as some of the newest plugins requiring the latest update, but these are just minor nitpicks.

Omar
IT Server Administrator in Mexico
Plastics en kunststoffen, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Excellent Help Desk, Easy To Implement

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We needed a help desk that was not only to record computer problems, but we also wanted to help us have greater visibility of the IT environment, computers that fail more, more common failures in the equipment and take advantage of that information to improve. Is very easy to implement, has integration with active directory and the visibility it gives you of the IT environment. The web site has a very complete guide for its installation and deployment. The tool goes beyond a simple help desk as you can have there Your inventory of equipment (hardware and software) and for example uninstall applications from the help desk.

It is a very complete help desk allows you to have a great visibility of what is happening with the statistics of category breakdown, work by engineer, attention time, etc.. In addition you can create an internal knowledge base, allows you to have your inventory of equipment, reports, purchase records associated with a ticket, etc.. It is very easy to use for the end user because he only has to send a mail to a specific email address and his ticket is registered in the system. It is very stable and reliable.

It takes time to adjust it to your needs, but it has a great forum where everyone helps you.

Guillermo
IT Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

So far one of the best helpdesk system I tried

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: So far, it very helpful, I easy can track problems and present reports base on the number of tickets. Very helpful

It is not that complicated to track your time and the money you could earn, I can add categories and users with a click, alerts and more

The mobile app needs some improvements, also no iPad size yet, currently I am using a Samsung tab S8 ultra, the ads are taking mostly of the screen.

Valerio
Director in Dominicaanse Republiek
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Everything you need to just open and close tickets

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our company provides IT support to several customers. Specifically we have installed Spicework to handle the tickets of one of our customers. The organization of our client has approximately 50 users. Spicework has worked without any problems so far. We went from receiving requests via phone or email to having a system to organize the tickets, status and expiration dates.

This is a simple software that will allow you to manage the opening and closing of tickets for your organization. You can keep track of open tickets, assign them and make comments. All changes in a ticket automatically generate an email to those involved in them. It also detects on the network new computers, software changes, even can send alerts when there is little tonner in some printer or when there is little disk space on some computer in the network. This can be of great help to an organization's IT teams

It can be difficult to install and configure and help is not always immediate. Apart from this it can be a simple tool for the end user.

Becky Jewell
Becky Jewell
Director of Customer Success in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

Best for IT

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Spiceworks IT makes it easy for my team and I to manage difficult IT tickets as well as track our own internal projects. The in-app emailing notification system helps keep clients up to date on ticket progress, so that we don't have to update tickets and email clients separately.

Spiceworks IT Help Desk is great to help manage ticket times and IT tasks. I like that it is made specifically for IT tickets or level 2 software support scenarios, it's definitely more for IT than for software development or software feature tracking. The modules are a little easier to look at than Fogbugz. The admin portal is also easy to use and manage teammates and team workloads - managing inbound tickets and creating brand new tickets (as a manager) to send out tasks is easy.

For me it took a while to ramp up and get trained on Spiceworks IT - it was a little bit less intuitive than Fogbugz and JIRA, but, once you learn how it works, it's much better. If anything goes wrong customer support is pretty good. For software development projects where repositories are being merged/ features are being tracked ect it isn't the best fit.

Director of Operations in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, 201-500 werknemers

IT Support at its finest!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Where to begin - there are so many features and services that we have come to rely on in regard to Spiceworks such as: -Remote data collection on all devices: you can see when a hard drive is out of space before it becomes a problem -Remote data collection on logs: you can see when someone had some log errors and they don't know about it and you catch a system-wide upgrade issue before it affects everyone -Software reports: see who has what installed and if it fits in the companies guidelines -Seamless integration between ticket creation and purchasing. Also, Vendor participation that allows vendors to directly communicate with the whole community and help out, without all the trouble of phone calling and long wait times.

The only thing we have identified that Spiceworks doesn't do is patch management but word is they are working on that.

William
Assistant Technology Coordinator in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Spiceworks - The Ultimate Help Desk?

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Spiceworks is an excellent (and FREE!) option for an IT help desk. I guarantee you won't regret at least giving Spiceworks a quick test drive to see if it is a good fit for your team.

We have been using Spiceworks for 3-4 years and I absolutely love it. It allows our team to stay on task, easily communicate through notes on tickets, and most importantly get work completed efficiently. We obviously chose this software because it was free, but kept using it because it was easy to use, easy to configure, and had a large community of support behind it.

Some features of Spiceworks simply don't work well. Such as the inventory component of the software. It attempts to gather all the computers in your domain and place them in an inventory so you can track and monitor them, but at least half of our PCs just don't report in no matter how much troubleshooting we try.

Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Confusing, Complicated Help Desk Management

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: With so much difficultly in getting relevant information out of requests for assistance and making sure that information gets to the correct people, the Spiceworks causes more business problems than it solves, and we have moved on to other products that better address our needs and organizational priorities.

The ability to respond to tickets via email with particular commands (such as assigning to a particular person, closing a ticket, etc) is very nice, and the web portal for end users to request support is nicely customizable.

Two features of Spiceworks stand out as the least polished and most frustrating. First is the way the software deals with custom attributes for tickets. This information is tucked away in a secondary menu, cannot be easily included in email notifications of a new ticket, and is very difficult to export in any format that makes it remotely usable. Second is the confusing way that IT staff received notifications about activities on particularly tickets, and the inability of the software to consistently CC administrators based on the content or attributes of the tickets. I have spend many hours trying to fine-tune the settings to make sure that my fellow admins and IT techs are not bombarded with emails while also getting notifications about tickets that are relevant to their work, but have given up at this point.

Doriann
Doriann
Analista de Sistemas in Venezuela
, 201-500 werknemers

An excellent trip to the organization, control and monitoring of my company LAN.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I get control of the company's computer park and with software's functionalities I was able to get all the information about their life time. It also allowed me to carry the statistics of activities and faults in LAN allowing me to study their numbers and attack the problems with greater precision.

It is a Swiss Army knife for network administrators allowing inventory, equipment monitoring and failure tracking and activities within the same package. It is great to be able to have everything you need within reach of an IP address, in addition to being able to receive as many notifications as you want and of what you want within the operation of the network.

The hardware requirements are many, leaving out all those equipment with few features. Although software as such does not merit investment, it concentrates on the necessary hardware.

Clint
Desktop Support Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Very good for free

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I liked it, but my boss didn't like the tracking and reporting end of it

It was free and easy to use. Lots of support from other users that also help out with other software.

Asset tracking wasn't the best, inaccurate and the reporting isn't the greatest.

Nikki
Digital Operator in VK
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 11-50 werknemers

Lots of features for a help desk ticket system

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Spiceworks IT Help Desk at work as a ticket system. It creates an individual ticket for each customer when they have an issue, and organises all the communications with this user with this individual ticket system number. It has really made us more efficient as rather than having to reply individually and try to keep track of emails with a customer, it is all stored within one system.

I like that Spiceworks IT Help Desk lets me work with customers through a ticket system, so I can stay organised versus answering and tracking individual emails. It also gives a notification when there is a new ticket or a message that has been waiting over 24 hours.

It is a little difficult to use and figure out the menus of the helpdesk system, and also every page seems to have to reload and does not work very quickly.

Amanda
Amanda
PC Support Specialist in VS
Vastgoed, 501-1.000 werknemers

SpiceWORKS

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is free, there is a ton of content in the forums and nice little giveaways. (I have gotten many pairs of socks and Gift Cards though this.)

I love SpiceWorks. There are so many features when using SpiceWorks. There is a Forum that you can use to get help or chat with other users. There are giveaways and discounts for products. The ticket system is fantastic. When submitting tickets you can run reports and schedule them to pull a specific type of ticket and run a report at a specific time. It is super user friendly. There is too much content to name here.

The inventory Scan feature is not always accurate. The periodic upgrades are annoying, and some upgrades makes a drastic change. The mobile app is quirky. Does not support MAC OS