Trail Blazer Non-Profit Manager reviews

3,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,9 /5

Over Trail Blazer Non-Profit Manager

Trail Blazer biedt krachtige, gestroomlijnde en geïntegreerde oplossingen en hulpmiddelen voor donormanagement om je non-profit te cultiveren en te laten groeien.

Meer informatie over Trail Blazer Non-Profit Manager

25 van 51 reviews worden weergegeven

Dustin V.
District Director

"Trailblazer"

Opmerkingen: I love TrailBlazer! It is the best single decision I've made for my non-profit in the past 10 years! The customer services is outstanding, and I love the system.

Pluspunten: It does SO much! It is light-years beyond Excel and serves us better than any other online system that we've looked into! Everything we do can be exported to an Excel form, it tracks people, finances, events, emails, relationships and so much more. It is easy to use and navigate and keeps us organized. I can run thousands of reports and customize all of it to meet my needs. Training is easy to understand and straightforward.

Minpunten: The email creation tool could be easier to use for those not skilled in HTML. It can do a lot but it isn't drag-and-drop easy like other systesm.

Agnes D.
Office Administrator
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020

"Trail Blazer Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is good. The Attribute section is very helpful. Also - when I call for support it has always been a very helpful and pleasant experience.

Pluspunten: Trail Blazer functions differently than other databases. Once I was used to how to work with it, I like how much I can do with it. I also like the Attribute feature. It allows me to pull out just what group I want to use.

Minpunten: I use Trailblazer for people to sign up for workshops and events. I don't like that I can't add items to the registration page. We would love to be able to ask things like what Parish people belong to, a title line, etc.. We also have Deacons, Priests, Bishops and the Archbishop and their titles are always used. When signing up they will sometimes add it to the first names block. Otherwise, I have to go back and add it for any correspondence. Also - some of the columns that I think should always show up are different on all of the queries I use. For instance, it would be helpful if the Title always showed up.

• Beoordeeld op 29-12-2020
Ykatirina C.
Database Manager
Uitvoerende kunsten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"Lacking on Donor Mailing Capabilities"

Opmerkingen: I have learned a lot about how to use this database, however, I am often frustrated at how clunky it is. Yes, it's customizable, but it's very difficult to do some of the most straightforward and necessary functions for our organization.

Pluspunten: I like that you can customize and edit your own attributes and query views for columns.
I love how in columns, you can make attributes updatable, and edit them.
I like that you can save queries, though I rarely use the function.

Minpunten: There's a lot that I dislike about the user experience of this database:
-When you run a query, I wish you could create an attribute and assign it to all donors in the query
-I wish I could update attributes for donors from other search space (e.g. contributions, events, etc)
-I don't like that it's only available on PC, and I have to use remote desktop on my Mac laptop.
-Mailings are really difficult - households aren't very use-friendly. For example, when I want to mail all of our donors, I have to search the donors in contributions, export them, import them to tag with an attribute as donors, then I honestly can't remember the next steps, if very complicated, and if I am creating multiple lists (e.g. donors, Lybunts, non-donors) I have to deduplicate the lists because there is so much overlap, when I just want the system to reflect who is on what list--it's very complicated and time consuming.
-WIth Contributions, the button to "exclude events marked 'non-tax deductible'"to distinguish between sales and donations, is not available in other queries outside the contribution tab.
-Reports are not helpful - unclear if it's including all income, vs. just contributions
-I need to use summaries and pivot tables for most basic tasks, which is very challenging
-Searching and exporting a List of our donors, separated by giving level is very complicated
-Importing - duplicate contacts happen often when names & emails don't merge
-Matching funds & Events is weird & clunky

van Trail Blazer Campaign Services op 21-12-2020

Thank you for the review and the detailed feedback. As we continue to develop our product we are always interested in which items a customer struggles with, and making every effort to improve it. A few items worth mentioning: they system has the ability to mass update both a list of individual contacts as well as household records with an attribute item en masse.
- Article 1: https://www.trailblz.com/kb/?action=view&kb=276&cat=0&qq=attribute
- Article 2: https://www.trailblz.com/kb/?action=view&kb=234&cat=0&qq=attribute

Regarding the upkeep of household records, running and saving custom queries and reports for mailings and other purposes, we HIGHLY recommend a live interactive training with one of our experts on the same: [email protected]

We see that a customer that is struggling with something can usually rectify it with a training, and often a second or third on more complex issues.

Kathy M.
Business Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 17-12-2020

"Lots of Search & Record set up options and very good support."

Opmerkingen: It has been a major upgrade from our one staff only having access on Access on her computer. All kinds of reports can now be pulled for mailing lists, donor specific info for a board member communication, and more. The Support team is very quick to respond and always pleasant to work with. Earlier this year, they even agreed and implemented my suggestion that would benefit all non-profits.

Pluspunten: Being able to access by multiple staff/volunteers from different locations. And the ability to pull information Searches by a variety of Attributes, which can be added to. Use of mass email communications is great and easy to use once templates are set up.

Minpunten: The cons list has shortened over the last 4 years as the company has upgraded and added to the system.

Roxanne F.
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-12-2020

"Data collection"

Opmerkingen: We have better communication with our partners, volunteers, and customers.

Pluspunten: Our office does not use the software for donor management. We use it for volunteer and educational workshop attendees data collection. Each employee had their own mail list and you had ask if anyone had the person you were looking for. How inefficient! Trail Blazer is quick and easy for all staff to use.

Minpunten: I would like to see an easier faster way to download a list. Maybe download it as an Excel file.

van Trail Blazer Campaign Services op 28-12-2020

Roxanne, thank you for the review! Regarding the download of data - from every list in the database you can download it by clicking [Export]. This allows the file to be opened in Excel. I will follow up with you directly to walk through that process. Joel

• Beoordeeld op 24-12-2020
Dennis P.
Treasurer
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020

"TrailBlazer for non-profit"

Opmerkingen: Our donation tracking is much improved. Previously it took two people with multiple emails and data entry to book a donation and send thank-you letters. Now one person can complete the entire process and in much less time. Reports are very helpful to the Board and finance. Email campaigns are much improved.

Pluspunten: For basic functions of entering and tracking donations it is very easy to learn and increases productivity. Standard reporting is simple...have not used query reporting yet. Thank you letters and email campaigns took some extra time to learn, but the strength of TrailBlazer is their support staff. They walked us through the steps needed and even performed individual training sessions.

Minpunten: One challenge is that certain functions are not intuitive. For instance, just changing a donor address took a bit of searching and fumbling, but the knowledge base and support staff get us over these hurtles quickly. We are still struggling with the website connection with PayPal.

• Beoordeeld op 21-12-2020
Ramona K.
bookkeeper
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

"Trailblazer"

Opmerkingen: There are no business problems - this is a very organized way to keep up with our alumni, grandparents, and staff. I have been using this for over 7 years.

Pluspunten: This software is very user friendly for our school use.

Minpunten: I really do not have any dislikes with Trailblazer

Shayna T.
Development Director
  • Beoordeeld op 28-12-2020

"Just letting you know..."

Opmerkingen: I like the fact I can pick up the phone and call support and have a live person answer - I'm not sure I'll get the same customer service with other products.

Pluspunten: I think in some cases it can be user-friendly and in other instances because we don't use it for what it was made to do it is hard to navigate.

Minpunten: As a non-profit person, there are a lot of things I don't like about it. I think to sum everything up it's bulky and not made to do what I need in the field I'm in.

van Trail Blazer Campaign Services op 29-12-2020

Thank you Shayna for the review! We would love to learn more about your specific pain points in the system and to make sure you are comfortable with the different tools you need. Often times we will perform a couple of recorded training sessions with a user that is running into an issue and by the end, they are able to easily perform said task. If the system can't do something, we relay that request to development. You may also find our new mobile apps and web app (Trail Blazer IQ) to have a more simplistic interface for certain tasks. Joel

• Beoordeeld op 28-12-2020
Kate T.
Development and Communications Associate

"The Best Support Team!"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been positive so far!

Pluspunten: The customizable aspect of Trailblazer is a definite perk for those who want to adapt a software program to fit the language used by an organization. It's simple enough and has all the basics that are needed for a successful CRS platform for nonprofits without breaking the bank.

Minpunten: Trailblazer is not the easiest software to adjust to. The design intention to be user friendly and easy to understand didn't quite make the mark, the interface is a little bit crowded and confusing so it interferes with the ease of use when you first get started using the software. Luckily, the support team is 5 star and extremely helpful when you first get started. I find that giving Trailblazer a call always helps and the more time I spend with the software, the easier it is to get a handle on how it works.

Jacqueline W.
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

"Easy to Manage"

Opmerkingen: We have an excellent overall experience. There are new users and everyone has been able to catch on to the program very well.

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Customer Support. Allow for monthly payments.

Minpunten: Have not found any reason n ot to like this product.

Jesse A.
Development Director
Denktanks, 11-50 werknemers

"Little-known standout product!"

Opmerkingen: Generally good. It does what we need for a reasonable price, and with great support by the Trailblazer team. The downsides--remote Mac access, ugly interface, manual importing--are a hassle, but we're used to it.

Pluspunten: Fantastic customer support. Pretty intuitive to navigate. The right level of features for my fundraising program--all the functionality I need, but not too much to clutter my dashboard or brain. Easy to train colleagues.

Minpunten: Quite challenging to use on a Mac platform, which seems to be the predominant OS in educational/university settings and also among many non-profits. You have to use helper "remote connection" software even to reach the Trailblazer server, and then it looks and works like you're on a PC. Which leads to my other con: The interface is unimaginably ugly. Looks count, and most other CRMs are now clean and beautiful. Definitely affects the user experience to use attractive sites and software all day, but then to have to switch to early-'90s Windows land for database work. Also, Trailblazer doesn't work directly with the payment gateway required by the university where we're based. (Cybersource/Secure Acceptance) That means donations aren't entered automatically, but rather we have to import them manually. I see this as more of a limitation by our university than by Trailblazer, but it's still a hassle.

John H.
executive director
  • Beoordeeld op 9-11-2018

"Trail Blazer for Member based Nonprofits"

Opmerkingen: Outstanding. I wish the vendors in other areas that I deal with were this committed to customer support and satisfaction.

Pluspunten: The software has many features that have worked well for our group which is a membership based nonprofit. Over the few years that we have had it, the company has made substantial improvements on a continuing basis. However, the assumptions underlying the software's design and features must be a close match to your real world operations or you will likely need to adjust how you do some things to make the software work for you. However, the software is very adaptive, it has many features we need and quite a few we have not implemented. Also, and this is critical for us, the software support, training and consulting is worth every penny you pay for the annual license and more!

Minpunten: There are some issues but these are the nature of the beast with a product with so many features. One is the learning curve (although you can restrict access to certain features on a user by use basis to let them "grow" into the system). Another is that for a membership based system there are design assumptions that we have had to "work around" - but the programmers and tech support have been wonderful to make changes, tweaks and suggest alternative ways to get things done.

Michele E.
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018

"Trailblazer for Our Pro Life Nonprofit"

Opmerkingen: Now that I've been using it for a while, I'm able to get things done very quickly and efficiently. I greatly appreciate the ability to sort donors into super specific groupings. Trailblazer has allowed me to segment my donor base with amazing flexibility, with just a few clicks.

Pluspunten: The best thing about Trailblazer is the customer service. The guys are extremely accessible and helpful. They are willing to walk me through a process, or just do it for me - whichever I request. After trying two other donor management softwares that offered little or no help, Trailblazer's amazing service is a welcomed benefit.

Minpunten: The learning curve for Trailblazer is long. Therefore, whenever I wanted to do something new, I'd run into a wall. It seems like the first six months - at least - were pretty frustrating because there was always a glitch and I could never just get something done quickly. The glitch was in the training, not the software. I'd like to see a series of training videos that we could have our staff watch, in order, so that a general level of proficiency could be attained up front.

Jesse A.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2015

"Good experience with Trail Blazer product and team"

Pluspunten: Customer support, particularly during the training and start-up phase, has been excellent. They are quick and responsive. And their solutions have nearly always been positive -- almost never a "Sorry we can't do that" or "It doesn't work that way" or "We don't have that feature."

Minpunten: It was not clear to me before I signed on -- and I can't say whether it should have been clear -- that as a Mac user, Trail Blazer is "non-native" in the sense that I have to use Microsoft Remote Connection to access the Trailblazer server and then use a Windows interface. It's reasonably fast. There's almost no lag time with this setup, and it's not as clunky as it could be. But it makes the experience of using Trailblazer a lot less pleasant. I frankly hate the way Windows looks, acts, and feels, and the remote connection is a couple extra steps each time I use the database. The whole reason I use a Mac is so as not to use Windows!

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2015
Melissa H.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-12-2011

Opmerkingen: We use Trail Blazer much different than the intent for the software just because we think it works better the way we have it set up. We have adapted how the software currently functions to our needs. Therefore, we cannot go to Trail Blazer staff to do training on everything. When there are updates, our staff that aren't very tech-savvy sometimes have a tough time. When we do not have a lot of time for database maintenance in the first place due to budget constraints, it can be quite frustrating. Customer support is great, but we kind of have to bend a database to our needs and there is also a learning curve, mostly because nonprofits have to train not only staff who struggle with technology but also volunteers and interns. We appreciate that Trail Blazer is constantly striving to improve, but I would love to see a personalized email or call go out with big updates.

van Dan op 18-1-2013

At Trail Blazer, we are committed to the long-term development and refinement of our product. Our goal is to be nothing less than the software product of choice in the non-profit arena. Yes, the ongoing changes can at times be frustrating, but after the adjustments are made, the net result is a tool that allows you to be even more productive.

The particular issue that presented a problem for NCPTC was the change in our attribute (aka groups or flags) facility. The original design allowed for any number of attributes within nine (9) folders. For many organizations, as their list of attributes within a specific folder grew longer, this eventually grew cumbersome. We enhanced this system so that now the data is stored and presented hierarchically where a folder can contain any number of folders or attributes, and those folders can contain any number of folders or attributes, ad infinitum. It's a far more flexible, logical, and powerful structure.

• Beoordeeld op 19-12-2011
Tracey V.
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

"Wonderful Product"

Opmerkingen: Very positive. Customer Service has been EXCELLENT. You won't find a better team anywhere. I am a raving fan and I have used Blackbaud, DonorPerfect and many other fundraising or donor tracking software.

Pluspunten: Trailblazer is used for our non-profit. It is easy peasy to export the data you need. You don't need complicated codes or reports, you can access what you need quickly including event information & ticket sales. It does all we need and then some.

Minpunten: That it won't allow you to sell tables or golf foursomes and include the names of the guests. This needs to be revised and I submitted this request in October of 2018. You need to be willing to learn some coding to make the features work really well. The mobile piece needs to allow you to open a record and read notes etc. It isn't just for canvassing any more.

Barbara P.
Bookkeeper
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

"Good Starter program"

Opmerkingen: We are able to track donations by events and have a great database for marking!

Pluspunten: the program is very easy to use for donation tracking and works well with Vanco for online donations and events

Minpunten: Needs some software improvements. Templates don't save the margins for envelopes and do not allow you to have a left sided letterhead. Extracting information for year end letters can be cumbersome but customer service is very good at helping out to get what you need.

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Joanne H.
  • Beoordeeld op 6-5-2015

"Help Desk Excellence - Trail Blazer Campaign Software"

Pluspunten: Amazing tech support from incredibly patient people - can't say enough how important this is. Seamless integration with FEC for super easy electronic filing.

Minpunten: I can't compare it to other software that does the same thing, but increased user-friendliness would be greatly appreciated by all. YouTube videos are helpful, but they, along with the knowledge base, don't make it easy to find what you need. Fortunately, tech support goes above and beyond. They could definitely use more developers to work on improvements or known issues.

• Beoordeeld op 6-5-2015
Felecia M.
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018

"A solution for nonprofits"

Opmerkingen: We have zero regrets working with Trail Blazer.

Pluspunten: As a nonprofits that tracks donations, volunteer hours, programs, events, and outcomes, Trail Blazer is easy to use for all individuals in our organization, and if affordable compared to most CRMs. We no longer use numerous excel spreadsheets to track information - rather we can look at the comprehensive pictures of people who are involved with our organizations. (IE Do they attend events, volunteer, and donate?) We also use Trail Blazer to house detailed and complex data to pull for reports. The support team is also very responsive, nice to speak with, and always willing to help immediately.

Minpunten: Because Trail Blazer was originally created for elections, you have to be creative on how you categorize and define certain data points. IE All individuals are called donors even if they don't donate. But if you can be flexible in how you define certain elements, it works great!

Charity S.
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2015

"Trail Blazer was a perfect choice for my non-profit"

Pluspunten: We are a small staff, and I am the only one with any experience (limited) with software like Trail Blazer. Trail Blazer is intuitive to use, and if I get stuck, I have software support at my fingertips through the support team at Trail Blazer, but also through step-by-step instructions on the site. The staff has been very helpful, and they get back to me right away, so I'm never stuck for long.

Minpunten: The software is a perfect fit for us, so I have not had a negative feeling toward anything specific. We have not yet rolled out all the functionality (web and event modules), but that is primarily because we are taking our time in learning one part of the software before moving to the next.

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2015
Scott F.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2015

"Useful, affordable, flexible and improving"

Pluspunten: The customer support! That may sound silly, but having attempted support with other databases, this is the best. The people on the phone are VERY helpful. With the software itself, my favorite feature is how easy it is to have multiple log-ins all of staff can use and update the contacts with no access to financial and other confidential information.

Minpunten: While improved and improving, I still find some of the backend items a challenge-- some HTML and SQL knowledge remains helpful.

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2015
Bekka B.
Development
  • Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018

"Totally satisfied - Outstanding customer service"

Opmerkingen: Simply put this is a perfect data base system.

Pluspunten: While this database doesn't come with lots of pretty buttons to click, the staff at Trail Blazer walks you through every step of set up and is there for you - ongoing - within 2 rings of the phone and email response within the hour - every time. The system is robust.

Minpunten: There is nothing we dislike about this software.

Riley G.
    2,5 /5
  • Beoordeeld op 12-6-2014

"Good product, great support"

Pluspunten: Their customer support definitely. It is always easy to get in touch with them, and they've developed an extremely helpful online bank with screenshot photos to easily walk you through the process.

Minpunten: The email system isn't set up the best. In order to get a professional-looking email, which we've gotten from other sources, we have to know how to code in the technical aspects. This isn't our strong suit and makes mass emailing difficult. It would also be much simpler if it could interface with our accounting software (Peachtree). We wouldn't have to do a lot of the duplicate work recording donations and such. Additionally, it would be very helpful if the notification feature could send an email to the responsible party and not just notify their Trail Blazer account.

van Dan op 30-12-2014

Trail Blazer has addressed this email building concern. In October of 2014, Trail Blazer added an entirely new mass email editor called CK Editor. Now, it’s far easier for customers to create their own mass emails than before. It has been well received by our customers.

• Beoordeeld op 12-6-2014
Miranda D.
Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Milieudiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2017

"Trail Blazer is GREAT!"

Opmerkingen: I love this product!

Pluspunten: - The Customer Service is #1! They really do answer within three rings and they will walk you through any issues, big or small.
- The interface is simple, clean, and pretty easy to use after a few tutorials/instructions.

Minpunten: - It's not cloud based, but do your really need it? Only consider a cloud system if you REALLY need it. Otherwise you paying for something you barely use.

van Dan op 19-5-2017

Trail Blazer is a cloud based client-server software package. Your donor data is stored securely in the cloud on our servers. You access your data using the Trail Blazer client application that runs on your PC. If you are using a non-Windows machine (i.e. phone, tablet, Mac) our application is served using Remote Desktop Connection. Plus, Trail Blazer gives you a web app that allows you to access portions of the database from any devices connected to the internet.

• Beoordeeld op 2-5-2017
Joanne H.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2013

"Trailblazer - it's the tech support that makes it work."

Opmerkingen: I used Salesforce for non-profits in the past, and, although the software was free, we spent thousands and thousands in customization and tech support. Trailblazer (which I use for a different organization), by contrast, is a bargain, primarily because of their live tech support. There is simply no replacement for Mark, Kevin, Joel, Pat, and the team that, essentially, keeps us up and running. They are quick to pick up the phone, quick to respond to your problem, and ENDLESSLY patient. While the user interface leaves much to be desired, and I am often wishing that multi-step tasks could be simplified, it's a really powerful program that, once learned, does the trick. Certainly, if you're running a political action committee, it makes sense only to use software like Trailblazer, which makes filing FEC reports a cinch. And while it may not have one or two third-party APIs I might like, it does work seamlessly with our credit card processing company, so that donations go right into our database. If the company invested more resources in development, I'm sure they could make the product easier/better to use. But isn't that true of all software, especially databases?

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2013