Microsoft OneNote reviews

4,6 (1.207) Schrijf een review!

Over Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft OneNote is a fully functional digital note taking application which can be used to organize, share and collaborate on ideas.

Meer informatie over Microsoft OneNote

Like the rest of Microsoft Office, OneNote has a ton of features and integration with existing Microsoft software, making going between programs like excel and word nearly seamless.

Once you build that “universe,” it can become very complicated to navigate. Sometimes I forget how I got to the place I originally set up and it can be frustrating.

Beoordelingen van Microsoft OneNote

Waar voor je geld

Microsoft OneNote heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.207 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Microsoft OneNote eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.207)

Myrthe
Myrthe
Founder in Nederland
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Handig voor snelle notities

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

OneNote is handig voor snelle notities en een duidelijk overzicht van wat je nog moet doen.

Als je geen abonnement hebt kan je het niet gebruiken/niet volledig gebruik maken van de functies.

michelle
michelle
Freelancer in Nederland
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Microsoft OneNote Review

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Generally speaking, this is an astounding instrument for primary notetaking and following. Can likewise be utilized for project the board and monitoring notes without heaps of paper or loosing data. It assists with performing multiple tasks and immensely increment your solidarity. To work in a disconnected climate then this is the best application to utilize.

One note is exceptionally powerful and saves composed texts and screen captures. It is a superior variant of a paper book. In general, I found OneNote an extremely convenient device and the utilization age was exceptionally viable in association where one has a consistent utilization of taking notes or irregular data. This product empowers me to get to my notes or records from any gadget. You can likewise arrange just your notes, compose archives and add pictures/outside satisfied (the likelihood to add media is one more significant component to think about in the item). You can separate your notes/reports in areas/pages, by dates, or subjects. This is an astonishing association instrument for regular use for any one.

Some of the time created issues with organizing text from different source and sync issues with shared scratch pad/stages.

Chou
Independent Contractor in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Easy to use Microsoft OneNote

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: When I transfer my note-taking data to Microsoft Word or Outlook, either it's a miss or a hit. Sometimes it is the services area where the bad connection may work adequately. This will cause frustration, but overall, I still use it every day because it became my friend most time when I need to jot down and don't have paper and pen ready. This app will always be ready when I need to use.

OneNote beats Evernote in numerous ways, on account of its wide exhibit of highlights, including optical person acknowledgment (OCR), sound and video accounts, ink-to-message transformation, and directing. The best part is that OneNote's administrations are sans altogether. To utilize it, all you really want is a Microsoft account. On the off chance that you are now utilizing Office 365, Outlook, or other Microsoft applications, essentially sign in with your certifications.

One of the most disappointing parts of this program was the deficiency of data. Yearly program updates would lose information from the earlier variant to the refreshed adaptation. Having difficulties integrating with Outlook when need to transfer data.

Tatianna
Designer in VS
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

Not Intuitive, Confusing to Access

2,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: OneNote is nice for sharing notes between a team in one place that is accessible by all, but its not necessarily that straightforward to access

I like that you can organize each page into sections, then pages within those sections. You can easily break the notes down into a hierarchy, which I like

Navigating to OneNote from Teams can be tricky because it gets embedded in so many tabs. Also, when typing in OneNote I frequently get messages that my notebook has lapsed in syncing. This never happens to me with Google Docs. Also, I dont like how when you begin typing on a page, it puts that text within a movable box that can accidentally get shifted around the page.

Antonio
Antonio
Senior Solutions Engineer in Italië
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Digital notebook

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is good. When you have a product that does what promise to do, you cannot be unhappy. The product is also flexible. Different from other products, it enables efficient collaboration: you can easily share notes to your colleagues and maintain always the historical data.

The facility to take notes and share with other people is the selling point of the product. If you need a tool for doing that, OneNote is the right one. You can also organize simply your notes, write documents and add pictures/external content (the possibility to add media is another important feature to consider in the product). You can divide your notes/documents in sections/pages, this helps on searching for what you need. For example, you can have an entire section dedicated to a specific customer, in this section having the notes organized by date.

There are no particular pain points. I heard some complaints about the navigation but it follows the standard of other Microsoft products. I would only improve the search feature, in particular from a look and feel perspective.

Betsy
Owner in VS
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Not my favorite for note compilation

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I used it for managing email templates, project notes, and the like. I didn't like having to sync with my other devices and having things be changed in two places = sync issues.

it comes with office 365, so I used it...as it was already on all the computers I had. I didn't have to install another piece of software or pay for another subscription.

Your data is stored in a clunky "onenotes" notebook file -- and it is (or was?) difficuly to sync to other devices

Mathematics Expert(Tutor) in India
E-learning, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

OneNote for Tutors

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would like to recommend everyone to use this app to prepare your notes. It's very handy and versatile.

There are may features of Onenote which makes it useful like: 1. Clippers, which allow to move data from any browser to OneNote. 2. Can be used in multiple devices simulatneosly. 3. Allows to add Multimedia. 4. Doesn't have formatting contraint. 5. Document Management , division on basis of subject, Notebook, Pages. 6. Flexible formatting option. 7. Works very well in laptop, pc, android tab and mobile. 8. Can use Digital Pen.

The Synchronisation with cloud features lags a lot. Many times doesn't works properly. Have to click sync many times and have to wait if internet is slow.

Richard
Remote Assistant in VS
Machinebouw, 2-10 werknemers

My favorite software of all time

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: In spite of the storage restrictions, OneNote is still my absolute favorite tool for document management, note-taking, and data storage. While other programs like Evernote or Google Keep provide similar services, OneNote definitely stands above the competition in almost every way imaginable.

I love everything about Microsoft OneNote, but I especially use it for the purpose of document management. Any information I find across the internet or elsewhere always ends up within OneNote. There's not a piece a of information I can't somehow incorporate into OneNote.

My main issue with OneNote is the fact that it's storage is dependent upon OneDrive's storage space. This leads to OneNote being maxed out if my OneDrive is completely full, or if you only have a free version of OneDrive which only allows 5GB of storage.

Chelsea
Business banker in VS
Bankwezen, 10.000+ werknemers

Wonderful product for multi-tasking and organization

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great!! It has helped me get through 5 months of training with ease

This program allows you to do so many great things like categorizing note a0nd making sub notes it copys and past images straight from your web Page to the one not and saves everything automatically if u happen to forget

No cons on this product I honestly wish all companies would use one note

Saajan
Security Researcher in India
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A must need software for every Students!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

The best thing I like about this software is that, "This software gives us the power to access our notes or docs from any device" which makes this software a great choice. And, My favorite features are:- search, browsable notebooks, and sync.

The least point about the OneNote is that, "its slow interface can be a little difficult to format on the page".

Norm
Finance Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers

Great Resource for Smaller Churches

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Employees did not have to be on campus to access company servers. They could reach out to the cloud whenever and wherever.

Effectively let us put staff meeting notes in the cloud everyone could access.

Difficult to pass off ownership/administrative duties when employees leave.

Kristin
Quality in VS
Verzekeringen, 10.000+ werknemers

Great for Notes and Tracking!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall this is an amazing tool for note tracking and can even be used for project management. Its does take a little bit of getting use to if you are coming from something more simplistic like Sticky Notes. I have began using this to track project notes, and even notes for calls. You have ability to share among teams, copy and paste pages from one "book" to another. One nice feature is that you can sort of "bend" the system to be used for what you would like it be used for- meaning that you may use it to track one way, but you co worker may use it in another manner. Perfect example I am more of a Book and multi pages with no table, but instead bullet points! My manager loves tables to be inserted and linked out to other items! Both work perfectly and are easily sharable and understandable no matter how you choose to manage your own One Note!

This software is awesome for tracking projects, notes, and progress! It is customizable and can be used how ever the user would like! I personally like to section my work out in columns with bullet points, where may manager prefers tables. Some coworkers prefer multiple "books" instead of the method that I prefer is one book, such as Training with multiple pages underneath one book! The system is different if you are coming from a more "basic" system like I was, such as sticky notes! This is Highly Recommended for any member of you team that needs to keep track of notes and even project progress!

The only thing "negative", which is really not horrible, is I wish there was more customization to the "blocks". When you start typing on a page, you will see a "block" appear and you can customize the tab color, the size of the box, the font, color of font, and size but I wish you could add a "hue" to the back ground of the boxes to make them stand out a little more- almost as if you were adding different colored sticky notes to the pages! I did find a work around and I am able to highlight the typed notes with a "lighter" color highlight- which works just as well, just does not look as uniform as the rest of the program! Still a highly recommended product!

Assistant Professor in India
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Review of Microsoft OneNote

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Yes, I start of saying that OneNote has been part of my life just before pandemic in March 2022. I have used it for lecture notes, live wiring in my video lectures and setting up questions for academics. It has been a very fruitful experience using OneNote. In fact watching my success with OneNote, i have my collogues also to use OneNote frequently. Students have loved it. It has become my sole source of communication and constant engagement with my learners during last 2 years. Loved using OneNote and will highly recommend OneNote to teachers community.

OneNote is very easy to use, interface and collaborate in PC, and mobile simultaneously. The natural (handwritten) writings comes out as high quality and are visually appealing. I have been informed by lot of leaners that they loved the notes made in OneNote. The pdf output comes out as high quality every single time. The shapes feature in OneNote has also helped to lot of times , instead of drawing manual shapes. The stroke eraser and normal eraser of different sizes is a huge plus too. The feature called lasso has saves tons of my time to duplicate any content within OneNote workspace.

Only it takes someone time to update the contents written. Perhaps the desktop version of OneNote if i felt is more powerful, would love to have similar capacity with mobile version of OneNote. L would be loved it even more when it would be indicated that i have written out of bound, meaning when i convert my writing content into pdf, sometimes content is cut horizontally or vertically, that means i have gone out of bounds of current workspace. That was frustrating sometimes when contents is really huge and has to be converted in one pdf. If OneNote has a feature to indicate the page limit that would be great.

Regional Compliance Manager in Malta
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers

Take the first step to a cleaner, less cluttered life.

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: OneNote is one of the most popular note-taking apps on the market, and for good reason. It offers a robust feature set, a wide variety of integrations with other Microsoft services and web services, and it’s free.
The app has been around for years and received several updates over time.
However, OneNote’s biggest update in recent memory arrived in 2018 with the release of Microsoft 365 — an updated version of Office 365 that includes all the latest features from the company’s productivity suite. With this new version, OneNote got a makeover and now looks more modern than ever before. It also brought a lot of new features to the table that make it even better than before.

It gives you an easy way to keep all your notes in one place. It’s available on every device, so you can access your notes no matter where you are. You can organize your notes any way that makes sense to you—by topic, date or even tags, like #work or #personal.

Lack of Customization - It's not possible to customize any of your notes or notebooks in OneNote which can make it difficult if you want something more advanced than what it offers out of the box. Microsoft OneNote doesn't have any open APIs or integrations with third-party apps like Evernote does.

Naja
Student in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Microsoft OneNote, optimal Note taking and organization app

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Microsoft OneNote is a good one. I do enjoy using this system and application as a primary notetaking resource. For the cost, I do believe that it can be Utilized very broadly and that makes it worth it, however For students or organizations that do not supply this app it may be A cost that students cannot afford otherwise. In addition I would recommend to utilize a service that allows Alumni to also benefit from some student benefit for a period of time after they no longer have access to their university email because of the fact that a lot of the times students that are recent alumni are still using Microsoft and need a little bit of a longer window before being asked to pay for their own subscription .

In general Microsoft OneNote is my go to and favorite notetaking app as a professional student. I find that the ability to hyper organize by topic and category allows me to keep my notes organized. In addition the ability to utilize both type to text features on top of the ability to use Apple Pencil allows me to truly customize my notes as I see fit.

The things that I liked Lisa about the software are that once the Notes sizes get to be quite large downloading these notes from the cloud does seem to take an extremely long time. And when they are downloading from the cloud you do not have access to work on those notes. Or changes that you make might not be synchronized when you reopen the app either from another device or once they do download from the cloud. In addition in order to utilize the software you do need to have a Microsoft software subscription to use on safe for example an iPad with the Microsoft OneNote app. For a student who may not be able to afford it it is a pretty big lump sum. However I will say that because of the fact that a lot of universities and corporations supply Microsoft for their students and employees it allows students to continue to utilize it.

Nicholas
Nicholas
Director of Technology in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

OneNote: a great foundation for collaboration

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: OneNote has become central to our documentation at our organization. Especially after the integration between OneNote and Office 365 Groups and then Teams, the addition of the Collaboration Space and Documentation Library has helped us create central repositories that can be worked on simultaneously and frequently. Administration can collaborate and share materials and use the private spaces for groups members to take their own notes or have individual content distributed to them to work on or reflect upon.
I love this product and since growing with it in my career have also expanded to use it in my personal life for notetaking, organization, and planning.

The notebook structure was very appealing to me when I first started using OneNote. Once I unbound myself from the concept of creating everything to translate to a printed letter size piece of paper it really took off. You can create your notebook and its contents to directly translate to what if it had to be printed. But you can also transform it to a fully interactive collection. With links to various other locations in the same notebook, other locations and materials on the internet, and even embedding videos and other documents directly in the pages of the notebook you can make the reach of the content presented to extend beyond the boundries of the document itself.

The different versions - When OneNote transitioned to the web, it was during the focus on the Metro UI in Windows 8 and it suffered for it. The simplicity of what the web version could do was crippled by the ability of the internet browsers at the time. Over time it has increased in parity between the desktop version and the web, however - the Metro UI designed app has lingered and its design has stayed truer to the web version than the original desktop version. It is getting harder to find the desktop version that has content central and navigation to the left, top, and right sides. The web, mobile app, and "for windows 10" versions make navigation subjectively more complex when you have extensively robust notebooks.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Best note taking and beautiful featured windows software for daily use

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Onenote is best tool for taking on going session notes while working on other works so basically it helps you multitasking and tremendously increase your strength. If you're a blogger and want to work in a offline environment then this is the best app to continue with.

When I encountered onenote first time I have been using it for just taking rough notes for my blog but recently I have encountered about their screen recording feature. Its shortcuts are really helpful without opening onenote every time one can take screenshot, copy it to clipboard and use anywhere. Also I can upload any pdf in a text content, I can also add media file inside a doc file and send it over network. Even making to do lists, sticky notes and other daily tasks can be done at once in this tool.

It is really helpful tool but learning things make it complex further and also I cannot find any solution to use it in mobile. Lack of personalization is also one of the lagging feature that need to be addressed in further updates.

Erin
Sr. Account Manager in VS
Medische apparatuur, 10.000+ werknemers

OneNote - Unified Resource

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, using OneNote for our team document/process library has been helpful because it's a central place for a wide variety of information and documents that were formerly in many different places. It can sometimes be tricky to decide how to organize the notebooks because there are so many section and page options, and sometimes content is relevant to more than one section - however, the search function is usually quite reliable.

The search features of OneNote are very useful. I like using OneNote for my meeting notes, as they are easily searchable and I can organize them in various ways. It's also nice to use OneNote for our team process manual/helpful notes/new hire checklists/etc. We use OneNote as a centralized document library because it is easy to search and share content.

We run into frequent sync issues with shared notebooks, so it can be challenging to know if all team members are seeing the same content. Not sure if this is a PC issue, a security issue or a OneNote issue - our IT help desk offers various solutions that work for some users but not for others. It would be nice if the sync error notification was more obvious to let you know you're viewing outdated content.

Sven
Tech Integrationist in Duitsland
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

An incredibly powerful one-stop-shop

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Beyond these cons, OneNote is super-easy to use, powerful, and functional across all major platforms. Unfortunately, not all platforms offer the same features: Wiki-style links (creating links using [[ ]]) is not supported in the browser version nor on iPadOS.

You can embed content from so many sites: Youtube, Thinglink, Coogle to name a few. Each notebook can contain as many section groups and sections as you want, with as many pages and sub-pages as you want. And each page is an infinite canvas. Bonus: You can store actual files on any pages that you can then later open in the appropiate app using a double click. The desktop version features OCR which is great for searching content in pictures.

The way the infinite canvas works. You cannot scroll left or up from the top of the page - only right and down. That feels somewhat counterintuitive at times. Also, there should be easy sharing on the page level - as of the writing of this review, you can only share entire notebooks, meaning you give access to it all, even if all you wanted to do was to collaborate on a single page.

Kate
VP - Custom Solutions in VS
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers

Robust for Note Taking and Task Management, but incredibly slow

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have been able to stay better organized especially with using the to-do list, and I consistently recommend it to my colleagues despite the issues (lagging/freezing and different versions causing confusion) that I have experienced.

I regularly use (and recommend to my colleagues) the templates for to-do lists within One Note, specifically the prioritized to-do list template which automatically inserts High, Medium and Low priority groupings into a to-do list where you can easily add, move (via drag/drop) and check off items. Because of the ability to create multiple notebooks, have individual tabs within the notebooks, and then individual pages within the tabs, there is the ability to manage and organize the notes and to-do lists very granularly. The digital notes sync across all devices so you are able to add/view/update notes from anywhere that you have access to the app.

The app consistently freezes when doing even the most minor of tasks. I will access it to enter in a new note, the app will freeze and lag sometimes as long as 30 seconds before the changes I've made appear on screen. Additionally, we have regular issues where users across our organization are seeing entirely disparate versions of the software. It is not as simple as the GUI being slightly different, but that they have an entirely different layout and it appears that they have different levels of functionality which has caused frequent issues with training and adoption. Now, that may be in part an IT issue on our end if users are getting different versions installed when they begin - however, it's a cloud-based service and I don't think it is acceptable that we could have such issues. There should be a way to update from the app to the latest version.

Lex
Lex
Owner in Canada
Computersoftware, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Not my first choice

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I need to concede, that at the outset I had numerous issues getting myself set up with one note, however from that point forward, it has been an outright lifeline. The entirety of my archives are in one region, I can get to them from each PC I own and Id need to say I use it regular, I in a real sense couldn't abandon utilizing this program.

Microsoft OneNote is loaded with numerous highlights that go past taking notes; it likewise gives you a few different ways to change pictures over to message. For instance, the OCR instrument permits you to snap a photo of an archive, business card, flyer or whiteboard, then, at that point extricate that content. You would then be able to save that content in OneNote, Microsoft Word or Standpoint. OCR's productivity relies upon a few elements. These incorporate picture quality, the intricacy of the characters it is examining and the intelligibility of the transcribed notes. So consistently make a point to twofold check in the event that it perceives everything effectively. Regardless of whether OCR doesn't get each letter, it is as yet a vital life hack, particularly for organizations and entrepreneurs.

Matching up can take some time , Unacceptable portable application, Average web cutting augmentation

Stella Maris
Stella Maris
ESL in Argentinië
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

OneNote, a multipurpose 21st Century Tool for Lifelong Learners

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I plan my classes and curate content. OneNote has helped me shape the way I organize and manage my classes and curate content as a participant, presenter and author. I can search content in all my notebooks in a very short time, create portfolios of learning progress over years, move, copy, archive and delete sections or pages. Digital ink, lasso conversion, linked notes, degrees of privacy, audio and video recordings, printouts, symbols, emoji, stickers, equations, drawing, dictionary tools with Thesaurus, immersive reader with speed and voice control, identification of main parts of speech, reading line focus, visual vocabulary input and image to text conversion are some of the most valuable features allowing the promotion , development and assessment of main 21st Century hard and soft skills in PBL ( Project Based Learning) , Remote Learning and Home Office Work. The Send to OneNote feature in different formats makes it unique since users can annotate their bookmarks and enhance them with extra content . App smashing through OneNote it effective since it allows multiple integrations with LMS, platforms like Buncee ,Wakelet, Office apps, Flipgrid, Genially, Whiteboard.chat, Kahoot, Quizlet, Sketchfab, PhET interactive simulations, Adobe Spark, EdPuzzle, Playposit, etc.

I like everything. It helps me organize content, plan, deliver & assess learning paths, keep records of multimedia resources supporting learning beyond school walls through assistive technology, data management with support and feedback to allow student voice, choice and agency as well as autonomous learning.

I only dislike the fact that I did not use it as a student. I wish I had had such a powerful learning app at school. It is permanently adding new features to make learning accessible, memorable and enjoyable not only for students but for PD , content curation and regular use at home.

Prasath
Freelancer in Tsjechië
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Microsoft One Note - A free Office 365 service

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I like OneNote because it is an easy to use, and a free application. It allows me to organize my notes and save them in a way that I can access them any time and anywhere. For me, OneNote is perfect for my usage because it is easy to use, it is easy to organize notes in a way that I can find them any time and anywhere. I’ve been using One Note for a couple of years now, and I’m an avid user of it. I use it to manage my projects and ideas, keep track of tasks and projects, and even keep track of the tasks and projects I’m currently working on.

1.Microsoft One Note is a software package which enables individuals and organizations to create and share notes and diagrams. It is a simple, straightforward, powerful tool for recording important information. 2.It allows users to create individual notes, which can be attached to each other, to themselves or to websites. It also allows users to create digital flipbooks and create annotated PDF files. 3.It is a cloud-based notes program that has a focus on helping people to stay connected to their work even when they are away from their desk or desktop. 4.One note is a note taking application that is easy to use and very flexible. The application supports PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files. This application is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. 5.It is a free Office 365 service that makes it easy for you to create, organize, and share your ideas. It helps you take notes, brainstorm, and collect your thoughts with ideas that come to you anywhere, on any device.

1. The main disadvantage of using Microsoft One Note is that it can be difficult to use because of the way it is laid out. In order to find information, you need to scroll through the pages and pages of data. 2. It is difficult to share the content with the other users. As a result, the users have to re-enter the content which is very difficult and time-consuming.

Francesco
Professor in Italië
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Replacement for blackboard

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use OneNote to lecture, using hand writing to match note taking pace of students. We think that for physics note taking and home reviewing them is an essential step in learning as it stimulates immediate questioning if something is not understood. Projecting the screen affords for large class rooms. Changing colors, moving sketches around works well, notes can then be turned into pdf or edited to produce better hand out. I use finite size sheets to distribute notes, during the lecture I use a continuous sheet.
The notebook is on OneDrive and is available in different devices, which is sometimes useful.
Overall this made a change from blackboard and chalk, and when remote lecturing came due to pandemics I did not change lecture habits.
These habits might look old fashioned but for some subjects that require reasoning, sketches, math, numerical computations, comparison with graphs, I feel these are necessary and OneNote gives a good support

Handwriting with a Microsoft Surface and its pen is easy, erasing is natural, select and move also. You can color your handwriting afterwards. For lecturing you can enlarge what you wrote, or pick up a detail of a sketch. I use it with small squares, which help writing in an orderly way. Printing can be of a single sheet, a section or more. The vey few times I went into a crash, recovery was fast and essentially no data was lost, all essential in a lecture.

Sometimes, quite rarely, the whole sheet moves, it probably depends on how you approach your hand before positioning for writing, this might be something inherent to pen tablets. In older versions the management of the sheet format (finite size vs infinite) was easier.

Miguel
Owner in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

All your notes in one place

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: OneNotres has been a part of my arsenal of tools for the enterprise environment. I have used it on a personal level as well. I have used both the loal and cloud version, choosing the cloud due to my ability to access from any device. You can also add a local copy, depending on your subscription level, and sync your online content to your local machine. This helps in keeping your data in 2 places at once.

Microsoft OneNotes offer a single place to enter, manage and access all your notes. It provides flexibility in how you organize your content. From simple note taking to more complex graphics and images, OneNotes lets you organize in efficient ways. The use of tags helps you find what you need across multiple notebooks, section and pages. No more having to navigate through complex and cumbersome folder hierarchies. OneNotes is a massive repository tool that takes the place of many other tools. Using OneNotes rids you of separate Tasks or To Do lists, file repositories, and even digital media. OneNotes lets you combine all your electronic files into a single place and manage it in a way that works for you. This level of flexibility is what gives OneNotes the power it has and its popularity.

OneNotes tend to have a different layout between the online version and the downloaded version. This might bring some confusion to some users. Microsoft is moving more towards the cloud, and until this becomes the norm and their downloadable applications can mimic the cloud experience, there might be a bit of a learning curve.