TeacherEase reviews

4,1 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,1 /5

Over TeacherEase

Web-based solution that allows teachers to manage their k-12 classroom incl. SBG/CBE - lesson plans, grade book, report cards, etc.

Meer informatie over TeacherEase

53 reviews worden weergegeven

teacher
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Review from Teacher"

Pluspunten: -you can make folders by subject
-generates report cards
-take attendance
-can input grades by percentage or fraction
-super organized
-all info is in one place
-family contact info

Minpunten: none at all, i have been using this for 7 years and LOVE it. everything is clearly laid out and organized. all people have access to the sight and you can see all students in your school.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Karen K.
District Administrative Assistant

"Long time user"

Opmerkingen: As I said above I have used, oversaw the initial set up and training, back in 2009. A number of years ago we switched our school grade levels from K-8 and 9-12 to K-5 and 6-12. We were able to make the change easily and did it fairly quickly with some opening support.

Pluspunten: We like that it is web-based/hosted. We do not need to worry about updates, hardware, etc. they are done for us. Being from a very small school we did not have the manpower to devote an employee specifically to only our student management system. When I looked at this product I was the only technology person in the district. The quality of their support made me feel like I had a partner helping me. I think the logical layout of using the software makes it user friendly. I knew that if I contacted support I would get an accurate answer. I never feel like I'm just being pushed along. I think that their reports are easy to use especially if you are the ISBE SIS person for your district. The uploads to the state Student Management System couldn't be easier. I have used this TeacherEase since the 2009/2010 school year.

Minpunten: As I mentioned, we are a small school and somewhat unique but it would make our jobs so much less stressful if there was a way to run labels, envelopes, etc by family. We have two databases - one for the elementary and one for the Jr/Sr High school. We can't run addresses or labels for each family - allowing us to "group" families together when mailing items.
I wish there was more training when the state comes out with new requirements. On a number of occasions I have called with a support issue and I'm pointing out the errors to the support people. My biggest item that I wish it had was a log of who did what. If someone runs GPAs for example and messes up class rank - we want to know who did it.

Mary C.
Instructional Tech Specialist

"Teacherease"

Pluspunten: The gradebook feature and report card feature are very effective and easy to use for teachers. Our district utilizes standards-based grading model, and Teacherease supports this well. The customer support in our first year of utilization was great.

Minpunten: The longitudinal data anaylsis and reporting features are lacking. The inability to export assessment data makes it difficult to manipulate data since built-in reporting features are not robust and/or do not display information in a beneficial means. When an issue/glitch/product request requires support beyond our account manager, the turn-around time is very slow. The customer service provided after our first year of service dramatically dropped. The parent and student portal are not easy to navigate for parents.

Mary R.

"WMS WEIGHS IN"

Opmerkingen: I will say that after 5 years of using the program, it has become second nature. I have long forgotten the things that were the most irrational to me when the journey began. For the most part It is now easy for me to navigate in Teacherease/Common Goal, but that ease was aquired over time.

Pluspunten: 1.) The ease of integration with the other school in the district
2.) The tab format in the single student window puts all information at a glance.
3.) The basic format of the program makes it easy to navigate in.

Minpunten: 1.)There are small improvements that are often requested but never addressed. (i.g. Creating a toggle switch for attendance email list so that you don't have to manually uncheck them all every day).
2.) Although the tech support is generally helpful, the wait time has been as long as 90 minutes in the past. There seems to be a turnover of employees that leaves you many times with them "getting back to you". Even though the Knowledge Base is available, a personal conversation settles the matter much more effectively when you have to do 6 things at once.
3.) There is an issue with searching out course sections to copy the learning targets to other sections. We have inquired about this twice now with no resolve.
4.) The same color appears for each school and district. It would be nice to see different colors used for the separarte entities. I not only work at the Middle School, but have to do all the state reporting which requires going back and forth from district to school level and from school to school.

Bethanie M.
Elem Principal/HS Guidance Counselor

"Student Management System"

Opmerkingen: Customer support is great, even during busy times. I like it.

Pluspunten: Teacherease is a product that we, as a small school, use every day. It doesn't give us too much or too little. It does what we need without the fluff. It is effective. I like the simplicity of what we have to do in the program for our school

Minpunten: The only thing I don't like about the program is that there is not enough of a notification if you move from one academic year to the next other than a little toggle switch. I wish they would change the background color or the font color for every year.

Jennifer M.
bookkeeper

"Insight Financials"

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use and the customer service is outstanding. I love that all updates are done automatically.

Minpunten: Not able to print screen unless it's a report

Michelle V.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-10-2020

"Teacherease use in a school"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.

Pluspunten: Teacherease is easy to use. It has many great features and is always updating to meet the school's needs as it pertains to state reports and requirements. They did a great job of adapting when COVID hit and completely changed the daily functions and operations of the school setting. Another strong feature is the communication ease with families.

Minpunten: There are some limitations with reports. Users are the best input for what could be helpful and our input is always accepted. However, sometimes they change things and it isn't always for the better.

Jennifer K.

"Review"

Opmerkingen: We have used TeacherEase for many years. As I stated, we do enjoy using the features that work for our school district, but navigating around needs to be simplified, there is just way to much clicking around. I have also noticed that customer service used to be hands down the fastest and best service, but lately they have been far from. We have waited anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes to speak to support. The people that we have spoke to continue to be very knowledgeable and understanding but one representative in particular may need to put his "advance knowledge" behind him and try to actually listen to the customer first without belittling our questions and cutting us off when we are trying to explain our needs. We have high hopes for the upcoming year, and hope that the wait times for support, (in time) get better. Thank you for all that you do to help our school district and other school districts.

Pluspunten: We do enjoy using the features that work for our school district.

Minpunten: Having a lot of options is great, but navigating around should be simplified.

Tiffany L.
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

"Teacherease"

Opmerkingen: Overall, things have been great, very smooth transition and the updates are wonderful!

Pluspunten: Once setup, the software is very user friendly. I have been using this software for about 14 years and I like many of the features. They try to keep updating things that are needed for reporting etc. The custom reports feature comes in very handy depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

Minpunten: I think the on-line registration could be improved and the fee portion when you have fees that rollover from the previous year.

Angelee S.
Vice Principal
  • Beoordeeld op 20-10-2020

"Not User Friendly for Parents or Teachers"

Opmerkingen: On the administrator end, the program was not easy to use. We had to call customer service multiple times for help with set up and reports. I wish it was more user friendly.

Pluspunten: Our school uses Standards Based Grading so we liked how the teachers were able to have a color associated with each students grade on assessments. This gave a quick overall look at how the class was doing as a whole.

Minpunten: This program was not user friendly for parents. Unlike the teachers, the parents did not get to see the color coding associated with the students grade. The parents also had to scroll through pages of standards to find the ones that were given a grade. We noticed that despite our reminders to look at TeacherEase for their student's scores, the parents did not like to use the program.

Lashawn S.
Principal
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

"TeacherEase"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with TeacherEase has been a positive one.

Pluspunten: The feature the I like the most about TeacherEase is the ability to locate and assess the different menus that I need to perform my job.

Minpunten: One of the things that I do not like about TeacherEase is its inability to talk to other programs we use in the district.

Lauren W.
Technology Director

"Excellent Customer Service"

Opmerkingen: It has been a wonderful experience. The company has gone above and beyond to help us set up different aspects of the software to meet our needs.

Pluspunten: the customer service is excellent. I have always been able to get ahold of support to help me with any questions or issues in a timely manner. They are always friendly and supportive.

Minpunten: Sometimes support does take a while to get through to, but that is to be expected during COVID times. This is not necessarily a con.

Laura M.
1st grade teacher

"I like TeacherEase!"

Opmerkingen: I've used it exclusively through my school setting so I'm not sure how it would work outside of the education realm. I do feel it works well in a school and would recommend it to others to use.

Pluspunten: Once I learned the ins and outs of the program it became very easy to use. I like that you can have the icons right on the main screen for quick access. I also like how the gradebook automatically calculates the child's overall scores for their report card. This is especially nice since we are using Standard Based Grades. In our previous program, we had to do it ourselves. Overall, I feel like the program is user friendly and with a little training easy to navigate.

Minpunten: I wish there was a way of tracking whether a parent is seeing our emails. I wish there was a time or date stamp to see when the parent looked at the email we sent. It would also be nice to be able to delay a message being sent for the future. Being a teacher using this, sometimes I forget to send an email when I need to and it would be nice to write it up when I am thinking about it and set it to send out later.

Lana J.
Vanguard Vision Teacher
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

"Competency Based Education"

Opmerkingen: TeacherEase was easy to learn, and I usually struggle with new programs. The people we work with are friendly and patient!

Pluspunten: I like being able to add comments right on the assignment grade for students to see. And parents can see the comments, too.
I also appreciate the ability to email students and parents directly from the gradebook so I don't have to leave the program.

Minpunten: We had trouble linking our rosters with TeacherEase this fall, but that was on the part of our tech office, not the gradebook.

Megan G.
Administrative Assistant for Student Services
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

"Teacherease User Friendly"

Opmerkingen: It makes it easier to do state reports. It also is great that we can use 1 system for lunch, attendance and schedules. The tech support team is great to work with.

Pluspunten: We love Teacherease in our district. It is user friendly and any school level can use it. I especially like that I can export the data from Teacherease to upload to the State Student Identification System (SIS). This capability has made my job so much easier. I usually get a quick response from the support team if we have an issue or questions.

Minpunten: I do wish it would keep track of our local student ID numbers so that we don't accidentally reuse a number that a student who has moved had.

Jason T.
principal

"Teacherease Pro & Con"

Opmerkingen: Great experience and cost effective for all users

Pluspunten: Superior customer support and help desk with topics to be researched without calling a representative, seamless student information management that has evolved as user needs evolve

Minpunten: Inability to use certain features across all devices

Valarie S.
Secretary
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-10-2020

"TeacherEase"

Pluspunten: I think this software is user friendly, I use this as a admim, and also as a parent. Very easy to get around.

Minpunten: I do wish there was a teacherease manual, I like to see things on paper still.

• Beoordeeld op 26-10-2020
Luai A.
Vice Principal
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 11-8-2020

"Mediocre at everything, Awful at some things. Financially Shady"

Opmerkingen: My Story & why we'll never return: After paying for the coming school year, we then decided that we would like to cancel our subscription & move onto another SIS. Teacherease refused to refund our check, despite the fact that we requested the refund on July 15, nearly two months before our school year began. As time went on, they did not respond to my calls and emails. I would actually call the technical support department and explain my situation to tech support. That's the only way I managed to get someone on the phone. They kept saying escalating the issue for over a month until they finally escalated it to the president of the company (whyyy?? It's just a basic refund???), who, surprise surprise, never reached out to me or responded to my calls and emails. We're in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and every private school is struggling to stay afloat. Yet, Teacherease chose this time to basically steal from private schools like mine. Thousands of dollars just gone, and the Teacherease staff are not responding to our calls. It's so disappointing.

Pluspunten: The gradebook is the redeeming quality of this software. It's pretty easy to use and visually appealing. Everything else about teacherease is not user-friendly and limited in capacity.

Minpunten: The software is not user-friendly: it takes quite a few clicks to get wherever you want to go. Customer service takes forever: normal wait time is about 10-15 minutes. Other companies are near instant. Not very customizable: There's not much functionality build into the website unfortunately. It's very limited in its capacity. It's most costly than you think: If you want to build a fully online SIS for your school, you'll need some functionality, like a central attendance system, many of which are cost extra per year. Honestly just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. This company is not to be taken seriously.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 11-8-2020
Janette S.
Complex Area Superintendent
  • Beoordeeld op 28-10-2020

"Standards-based Grading Platform"

Opmerkingen: Great product with very responsive staff to provide assistance.

Pluspunten: I have been impressed with the development of the standards-based grading platform in Teacherease. As a high school principal at a school that implemented standards-based grading, finding an electronic grade book that accurately reflected instruction and assessment was almost non-existent. This function has been such an asset.

Minpunten: Initially, it took some time for the system to "catch up" with our needs. The standards-based grading platform was not as well developed as it is now and we had to create work arounds to make it work. No complaints now.

• Beoordeeld op 28-10-2020
Kris G.
Math Teacher

"TeacherEase User"

Opmerkingen: I find it relatively easy to use. I would love an assignment view. Currently the only view is from the standpoint of competencies.

Pluspunten: It is easy to navigate through assignments, students, and competencies.

Minpunten: Our use is slightly different than others. It has been a bit of challenge to get the product set up the way we want it. This is mostly in grade calculation.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Common Goal Systems op 28-10-2020

Thank you for your review. We love your unique use of TeacherEase since you are a CBE school. We strive to be the leader in CBE and standards-based learning. Your calculation methods are not your typical recommended SBL/CBE mathematical models such as Power Law, Decaying Weight, Mode/Median/Average of Recent Scores and more that are out-of-the-box with TeacherEase. To address your complex needs (and others with very specific calculation requirements), we enhanced our standards-based grading with logic-rules and more grade calculation options - https://www.teacherease.com/app/news/article/Logic-Rules-for-Grade-Calculation-in-Competency-based-Education-CBE

As for the assignment view, you can see it by going to Gradebook > Assignments. Feel free to contact support at [email protected] to help you with that feature.

Thanks again!

Julie H.
Admissions Director/Office Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 29-10-2020

"TeacherEase works for us"

Opmerkingen: I have been extremely happy and grateful for the support staff who help us with the system.

Pluspunten: It provides for our needs. We are able to record grades, attendance, and medical information.

Minpunten: Sometimes not as flexible as our needs change.

Amy A.
teacher
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019

"Teacher Review of TeacherEase"

Opmerkingen: One benefit I have discovered is the parent communication log. No more tracking emails and phone calls on my own, I do it all through TeacherEase!

Pluspunten: I have been using TeacherEase for about 5 years and it is so simple! I use it not only to grade, but take attendance, lunch count, and communicate with parents. I love the report features and how easy it is to track data.

Minpunten: Every so often the TeacherEase system will be "down" and it can be inconvenient.

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019
Susan H.
Supt. Admin. Asst.
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

"Teacherease"

Opmerkingen: Being an elementary school, we've discovered an abundance of exciting things we can do with Teacherease which made online registration even easier this year.

Pluspunten: Online Registration and Attendance features work are extremely easy to set up and use.

Minpunten: Online Registration: when you create a field, it doesn't carry over to the main demographics. You have to create a new report.

Connor K.
Software engineer
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-11-2019

"Best grade book and teaching system"

Opmerkingen: Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Pluspunten: I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making!

Minpunten: Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field.

• Beoordeeld op 28-11-2019
Egan H.
Director/Principal

"Easy Management"

Opmerkingen: I have had very positive experiences with TeacherEase. Their customer service is very helpful and always is successful for me.

Pluspunten: I do like the fact that I can track all kinds of data within each student. Grading, Attendance, Contact information and much more.

Minpunten: Setting up for the year is always difficult for me.