Autotask PSA reviews

Over Autotask PSA

Aanpasbare oplossing omvat projectmanagement, CRM en servicedesk met geïntegreerde urenregistratie en facturering die vanuit dezelfde database worden uitgevoerd.

Meer informatie over Autotask PSA

Autotask has helped us track our technicians' time, our sales process, and to remain ever mindful of our revenue and profitability. Autotask is purpose-built for our industry, and it shows.

The integration with Datto RMM did not work properly tickets not being created, sometimes slow and issues when logging in to the portal.

Beoordelingen van Autotask PSA

3,9
4,0
Waar voor je geld
3,9

Autotask PSA heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 101 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Autotask PSA eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (101)

Garry
Garry
Vice President in VS
, 11-50 werknemers

We use it daily and couldn't live without it!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We run our entire business out of Autotask. It does everything for us as an MSP.

Autotask is about automation. It makes ticketing and billing processes standardized and automated. It has become our central repository for information. All service related issues, time spent, contracts, hardware, etc goes in there. I tell my team all the time, "If it doesn't exist in Autotask, it didn't happen."

Autotask support has historically been difficult, but is getting much better. Reporting is very powerful, but also VERY difficult to get your arms wrapped around it. It isn't something you do on a whim. If you have time to spend with it, you'll get good data. If you don't have time to spend, make sure you pay for some Autotask consulting time to help you.

Simon
Director in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

Autotask a sledge hammer for a nut?

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall its doing the job so we continue to use it. It is expensive for what it is but if its not broke don't fix it.

Its thorough and excellent when working with multiple organisations.

Its very convoluted. This means its very flexible for sure but it can also be a bit of a mine field.

Carl
President CEO in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Autotask is good for smaller organizations

3,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

When we were a smaller company it worked well. Once we grew past 15 users the software was difficult to configure to work with.

No good workflows/ways to configure ticketing.

Jaden
IT Specialist in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Autotask is great as a ticketing system

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I would recommend this software. We use it daily for a few years now. It is great for documentation and tying it to the company. The ticketing works well and the alerts are great.

I use this product every single day as our ticketing software. It is great. It is easy to create widgets to track metrics as well as keep account of tickets. I also like the ability to create configuration items and easily tie them to the company they go with.

Its a little slow to respond sometimes. It does not like when you are trying to edit/save two tickets at the same time. Other than that not much complaints.

Elizabeth
Owner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great for Large Teams

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I enjoyed using the Autotask PSA for most things, but it was not a good fit for the team I was working with.

Autotask PSA is a great option for large teams. It is fully customizable, offers a wide array of features, and has an excellent, hands-on onboarding process. It is a great option for large teams.

This software required quite a bit of manual set up for tasks I needed -- things such as automatically sending emails to clients on ticket updates, changing fields from required to not required, etc. For a very small team, onboarding was a bit onerous.

Ben
Director in VS

Autotask Tops CW and other Ticket Systems

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Autotask is a clean solution to IT ticketing needs that can otherwise be a complete mess to sort through.

Autotask is highly customizable and sorts everything into queues easily. AT tracks more aspects of the business than other ticketing platforms I've used.

Autotask has an intricate back-end with many rules and settings... sometimes the rules can overlap each other and it's not always clear where to find the solution if a taskfire is misfiring or failing.

Nathan
Owner in VS
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good Software... Need Help to understand it

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The integration with Datto RMM is a plus. They work hand in hand. I am able to track my clients and time I spend doing tasks down to the minute.

This software has been great. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I am still learning the ropes, and I am into it for 2 months now. The staff has been very helpful in getting me onboard. I have not used all of my included support call time yet.

The learning curve is steep. You are only allowed 3 hours of free phone support to get started. Be careful with utilizing it to the fullest.

Bruce
Bruce
Head of Technical Support in VK
, 11-50 werknemers

Amazingly comprehensive managed services

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The AutoTask \ Datto AEM software is one of the best RMM products we've used. We originally were looking to swap to something from Hounddog when it was expensive years ago and this did everything HoundDog \ GFI Max did but much cheaper and that was just on the monitoring side of things. It also added, remote management, auditing, bulk updates, patch management, reporting, which we weren't getting from Hounddog and we've been with AutoTask ever since. Each time we look to replace it with another RMM tool, when we compare the features and the price per device we just can't beat it.

Ridiculously low resource footprint Easy to add devices for management The amount of detailed information you get from the auditing is amazing Push out deployments in bulk

The inbuilt reporting is being massively improved over the next few months \ iterations, as currently it leaves something to be desired. There's a huge wealth of auditing data that is captured by the software but you can't easily pull this out. Sure you can filter devices by the info, but to actually pull a report, its painful. 3rd party patch management is also something they're working on developing further as there are competitors out there who do it much better.

Dan
Dan
Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer in VS
Computernetwerken, 11-50 werknemers

Autotask does a lot of things. Many really well.

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this is a great system for managing a busy tech company, and I recommend it for anyone who bills based on time spent with clients.

I manage my clients and my team through the PSA. Trouble-tickets are great, the queues are all very versatile and easy to manage. We have automated alerts, calls, and client-submitted tickets and screenshots all populating to an active queue.

The "Site Configuration" and basic details of each site could be a lot better organized. Right now, if you want to store a bunch of passwords or configuration details of any one site, it can be cumbersome and difficult to find what you need. Similarly, attached pictures or other attachments for the clients can be tough to find.

Mark
Director of Technology & Partnerships in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Autotask PSA has been a game-changer for our company.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

We love that we can go from prospect to invoicing in one solution.

That it can be too complex, need a "lite" version

Rob
CEO in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Easy to use to manage customers, tickets, and service contracts

5,0 5 maanden geleden

We use Autotask all through the day and they have a reliable cloud service. API integrations to our VSA was easy to setup and has been pretty much set it and forget it. Integration with Quickbooks has changed over the time that we have used it, but with the change to using the web connector it has become not only more secure but problem free. We manage our customer contacts and tickets through the system and after initial setup it has been easy and problem free with little ongoing maintenance needed on our end.

They changed to a dashboard system at login and frankly it is not that useful to us. Adding new services, email automation, or changing service queues is not intuitive and since it is not something we do that frequently I always feel like I spend more time than I needed to once I have it complete. We had to do some ticket automation on keywords to let us know when a set of reoccurring tasks has come to end when it should be a feature of the system. The outsourcing module could be more robust especially since it is a feature we pay an additional fee for.

Katie
Director of Operations in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

A PSA to handle everything from ticketing to invoicing; Extremely customizable

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Autotask PSA, from implementation to daily use, has been very favorable. I would highly recommend this software due to its versatility and ability to be customized. Our company was not taking full advantage of all modules (contracts and invoicing, specifically), which was detrimental to our overall efficiency. My recommendation would be that anyone considering this software look to implement all facets of the software for the best result.
Autotask PSA has an extensive FAQ library, webinars (live and recorded) and tutorials for new Administrators and users. Customer support was also very helpful when we had specific questions or issues, and there is a handy scheduling feature for technical support chats.

Autotask PSA is an extremely customizable tool. Different departments can have customized ticket categories, including Issue Types, priorities, resources, ticket status, due dates, workflows and notifications (and more) to fire off based on the rules associated with each category. The updates to the software in the last 18 months have improved the user experience. For example, when viewing a ticket, all pertinent information is available on the screen, from the ticket details to the activity history and even the company and contact information. It is simple to add "User Defined Fields" which are custom fields specific to your company or industry that you can add to Companies, Tickets, Contracts and more. There are several different 'modules' that are all included in the PSA license (no add on fees to take advantage of them). These include contract details, tracking sales leads and opportunities, generating invoices and syncing with Quickbooks and other financial software. The reporting module has a myriad of popular reports available with the option to customize each. Advanced reporting users can also create their own reports from any of the available data entry fields, including User Defined Fields. Timesheets and Expenses are tracked in this tool, including available vacation and sick time. Time off requests can be approved by authorized users. Users have access to widgets to quickly display data and metrics. Completely integrated with Datto/Autotask RMM tool.

There is a large learning curve when implementing this software. It is a common mistake to create a lot of customization (UDFs and workflows) because the Administrator is not familiar with the modules or the best practices of the software. Creating custom reports can be very cumbersome due to the vast number of options and fields available. When creating a new ticket, time entry or activity entry, a new window opens in the browser (which was an annoyance for some team members).

President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Solid solution with lots of integrations

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall Autotask has been a solid solution for our MSP. As we grow, we continually discover features within the PSA that we didn't know we had and/or needed. This has helped keep our costs down since we don't have to add additional toolsets from other vendors.

Autotask PSA allows us to handle much of our work from a single platform. Their extensive integration with vendors allows us to quickly link to items, such as asset details, directly from the service ticket. The integration with distributors helps with contract management, as purchased licenses with the vendor automatically get added to the service contract in Autotask.

The design feels dated and not as intuitive as other solutions we've tried and in spite of several new releases, the overall UI doesn't appear to be changing.

Amanda
CSR/SysAdmin in VS

Best MSP out there!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

There's really nothing out there I've found that's comparable. The integration with other programs like N-Able, QuoteWerks and QuickBooks pretty much make AutoTask a one-stop-shop. I love that AutoTask has so many features that allow me to service our customers all in one place. I've been using AutoTask for over 4 years and I'm STILL finding new features available! They also seem to value its user's input. Over the years I've seen them make many improvements to their user interface, and a lot of them were highly requested by users on their message boards, so it's nice to see that they read those and make efforts to incorporate much-needed changes.

The fact that AutoTask has so many features does make it difficult to navigate and set up the system initially. Because of that, most of the problems we've had with AutoTask have boiled down to being user-errors, which I can't fault AutoTask for. As an admin, it's just that there's SO much you can do and customize in AutoTask, it becomes very overwhelming knowing where to start, and knowing how to set up all the pieces in a way that will make the system easy to use for our normal tech users.

Hesham Gomaa Elmasry
EDI Product & Project Manager in Egypte
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Very effective ticketing and project management tool

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Ticketing with Autotask saving a lot of time and efforts, it facilitates the communication between all stakeholders including our clients, allows internal notes on the ticket controls what the client can see and what is not, adding user defined fields allows us to generate more meaningful reports related to our business and our needs. Managing projects is very productive with Autotask, as I can create a project and add some phases, and for each phase I can add what ever required tasks with a very effective hierarchy, also it updates the phase's status automatically when all related tasks completed. It has a very powerful dashboard to list all project's status and other very helpful statistics, also the recent feature saves a lot of time searching for the same issue or ticket I just opened from a while. It is very reliable, bugs free, has no performance issues an with a very good and friendly UI.

Why there is no feature to generate Project management charts like, network diagrams, WBS, Gantt charts from the current open projects?

Tyler
Technical Support Specialist in VS

It isn't the prettiest or sleekest looking, but AEM provides a deep toolkit for the IT professional.

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: AEM makes it easy to organize multiple off-site locations and set up hardware monitoring, apply a scheduled server restart for patches, and the ability to quickly and easily apply scripts to remote computers without ever logging onto them.

AEM makes it easy to monitor, set up scripts, or even connect to countless computers remotely. You can drill down to a computer on an individual level, or group entire office sites into resource monitoring or apply your custom written scripts to them, either one time or schedule a time for them to reoccur. AEM really lets you apply the full capabilities of your knowledge to managing your computers. I've never felt held back by it.

Sometimes it feels like there's just too many levels, and it can take awhile to get where you need to be. Luckily the software is not slow to respond, but it's still a few layers to drill down to get to the computer you need. There also is a bit of a learning curve compared to other similar management systems, however AEM does reward you for learning all its in's and out's with a vast array of customization features to manage the computers exactly how you want.

Retirement Career in VS
Detailhandel

Used this program for two years as the department service management system. I was named a champion

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Was able to fill the service management needs of a large field service division.

Had a wide variety of modules and a solid work flow engine. Made appropriate recommendations for additional and followup actions. Front end was a intuitive GUI .

Work flow engine made decisions that could not be easily reversed. Constantly opened asset tracking modules contrary to our data collection strategies. Unable to integrate material purchasing and reporting software hence autotask produced invoices that had to be exception ed out of inventory. Accounting software engine was based on quick books hence it was never able to integrate with the one write enterprise accounting software. Independent financial auditors were not willing to verify accuracy of the spread sheet nature of the accounting software. Our work around was to abandon the accounting module, AutoTask did not give a refund.

MD in VK
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Autotask psa for MSP's

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Proffessional services automation and control

It controls the whole business from tickets to Accounting and getting paid. COntrolling stock, organising engineers, it runs our whole business

It is quite expensive but i do think that for the benefits we couldnt live without it really (Dont tell AT they might put our prices up)

Lead Technical Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

An easy to use and well integrated solution for IT companies

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I lead a team of 8 technicians. Distributing and managing tickets between them can be very frustrating with an average of 50-100 tickets a day for my team. Autotask makes it very easy to manage with the customization throughout the program. From my dashboard, I am able to monitor ticket openings for my team, overall closures per technician, ticket priorities and SLA clocks, and escalations. I really like the way I can build reports in any method I want with just a few clicks. Reviewing timesheets is also much faster for me with the layout in Autotask.

-A sharp looking, customizable dashboard -Multiple ways to view ticket queues and monitor technicians -Client Portal -Easy to build knowledge base -Attractive report views for every business need

-Frequent crashes and freezes -More complicated to implement then ServiceNow -On average is a higher dollar amount than other industry leaders -Long contracts as well as yearly rolling contracts

Rick
President in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Needs more focus on documenting

4,0 4 jaar geleden

I really like the interface in Autotask. It is clean and easy to navigate where I need to go. The number of applications that we use that integrate directly with AT helps us to work smarter not harder. Everything from RMM tools to accounting packages all have very solid integrations. The help function is responsive in what it returns on searches and I can usually find something to answer my question quickly.

Things I dislike include: the low set number of tickets I can have in a search list show at one time, the CRM module is antiquated and unused by us, the project module could be much easier to work in regularly and the mobile app needs to be revamped.

Jonathan
Application Support Team Lead in VS

Great overall system

4,0 5 jaar geleden

I really like the templates for tickets and other automation that can be done with this system. I don't use this for any billing or project management anymore but have in the past. I was not impressed with either of those two feature sets but it has been about 2 years since I've used them. The basic reports are good for getting a fundamental view of your ticket metrics

Inline image support should be extended. Should be easier to email out attachments from ticket notes. Email parser seems to have some intermittent problems where the email is not converted to a ticket. Reporting capabilities need some serious overhaul - only the most basic reports/info are available.

General Manager in VS

CRM, Time tracking, Support management made easy

5,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We successfully manage most aspects of our MSP business using Autotask. The entire workflow from incoming requests, time tracking, resource management, contract management, ending with an API workflow to our billing system.

From an MSP perspective, this product functions as a CRM, time tracking/management, contract management, and ticket system. You can manage all aspects of an MSP business here with billing integrations available to close the loop.

It can be a bit difficult to get started, but this is more of a business process issue as opposed to a product issue. If you have defined your workflow and processes you can translate them easily into this product.

Jahiezer
Desarrollador in Venezuela
Bron: GetApp

All you need to make a tickets in one page

4,0 4 jaar geleden

A very helpful tool for working into the online world and have a controll for all your transactions ith the clients no matters the place in the world they are. The UI is really nice, thouhg is not the most pretty, have the most frecuently tools in ne page and make the proces faster. I work with people allover the world and this app help us to integrate our work and make a more faster process

One of the most problematic issues that i see is in the securyty, is not real levels, everyone wit acces can do anything they want to, so you must have complety trust in the person you give acces, but in bussines fully trust is not enough. Also dislike the fact that they use te user computer time becouse i work with people in diferents time zones and that make some notes and tickets get to confuse

Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer in VS

We love Autotask PSA!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ease of use, and productivity for the staff. Mobile app makes it easy for people to get their notes in.

Everything integrates really well. The techs can easily put in their time entries, and the software exports to QuickBooks very nicely. It also has an internal invoicing system which we use and love. It's hard to go wrong with Autotask.

The reporting functionality is amazing, but it has a very steep learning curve. I wish reporting was more drag/drop or more logical. I'm sure it's great once you know it, but many times when playing around you don't get exactly what you expect from reports.

Baldeep
IT Consultant in VK

Powerful Helpdesk

4,0 5 jaar geleden

This helpdesk has a lot of functions. With all the data teams enter in the working day this can help accounts departments with invoicing in bulk with time constraints.

For the end user there are a number of fields to input. For example in an MSP work environment, you need to enter the company before the individuals name. Having that requirement slows down input and confuses the customer. The mobile app needs improvement. More investment on making this easy to use on mobiles and tablets is key to allowing engineers to work in the field.