ShopKeep reviews

3,8 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,2 /5

Over ShopKeep

ShopKeep By Lightspeed exists to give independent business owners the tools they need to thrive in the modern world.

Meer informatie over ShopKeep

558 reviews worden weergegeven

Eric G.
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 25-8-2016

"Ease of use"

Opmerkingen: This program is very easy to setup, I use this for a helicopter flight school and helps to make us paperless, receipts are easy to email and it gives us the ability to send out emails and newsletters to our customers

Pluspunten: Any iPad turns into a register that makes things simple and takes away the need for a calculator!

Minpunten: Wish it would download each transaction to quick books!

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 25-8-2016
Charleen C.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-1-2020

"Cost of Goods Sold not included in Quickbooks Integration"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been good except for the QuickBooks Integration.

Pluspunten: I like how easy it is to use and for anyone to learn. I also like how quickly it updates information from Backoffice to the iPad.

Minpunten: We've been using ShopKeep for 5 years now. During those 5 years, we've been using a third party app called Shogo that would take our sales, including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) from ShopKeep and post it into QuickBooks. I have recently upgraded my plan because ShopKeep now integrates directly with QuickBooks, and I had dropped Shogo. Huge mistake! ShopKeep does not have COGS mapped to QuickBooks. That's like washing your hair without shampoo. For every sale, cost of goods sold needs to be booked at the same time or your profit margins are off. I find it ridiculous that they didn't think to include it as part of the integration. So if you want Cost of Goods Sold posted into QuickBooks you will have to manually do a journal entry.

• Beoordeeld op 9-1-2020
Sophie L.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-7-2020

"Terrible experience"

Opmerkingen: My online business is critical to me and I felt I was not provided with enough options and information to switch my online payment options. Only if I knew Shopkeep payments are not available in Canada, I would have had more time to look for and prepare for the changes. I decided to walk away from Shopkeep and find something else that would provide POS and e-commerce system without this trouble. I requested to have a full refund of my Shopkeep e-commerce system (last 2 months payments) and also opt me out of POS subscription. The Shopkeep agent declined and said their policy won't allow any refund. I feel my business is not valued. Their business decision to remove the existing payment method is certainly affecting my business and they are not willing to accommodate for causing such inconvenience. Now I'm left with a website with no payment options for my customers until I set up a new website. If anyone is looking for a simple way to set up online ordering system, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I would recommend Ecwid that would provide exactly the same service at a cheaper plan.

Pluspunten: Easy to use . Set up was not too difficult although it took some time to figure out other functionality. Once it is set up, it is easy and simple. Good for small business.

Minpunten: I was perfectly happy with Shopkeep until when I found out that Shopkeep e-commerce is removing existing online payment method, Stripe, which was a major payment gateway for my online business. They recommended adding their own Shopkeep payments instead at 3.5% (Strip was 2.9%). I wasn't happy but I assumed I didn't have a choice. I decided to wait until the last minute and make the switch. When I tried to opt in for Shopkeep payments yesterday, the error message came up so I called the support and found out Shopkeep payment method is not available in Canada! That was not stated in their email clearly. I started to look for other payment options such as Clover and Authorize.net. I was advised by Shopkeep agent that I had to call my merchant company to set up Authroize.net. When I called my merchant agent at First Data, they told me the service is not available and that they are not trained to provide assistance with Authorize.net. I called Shopkeep support back today to get advice. They insisted that I speak with First Data again. Another option suggested is to set up my website again with other e-commerce platform (Ecwid?) from scratch. That will make me spend days to upload a menu, pictures, modifiers and etc. I was stressed with my situation as I don't have time to do all that work while I'm working with the minimum number of staff due to Covid-19.

van ShopKeep op 5-8-2020

Hi Sophie,
Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We take every review seriously and have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams. We've also issued a refund to your account for your ecommerce subscription. If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know.
The ShopKeep Team.

• Beoordeeld op 29-7-2020
Michael M.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

"Shopkeep for Small Business"

Pluspunten: The ShopKeep program is easy to use on an iPad. It is useful in a retail store but with small inventory.

Minpunten: The interface to set up inventory is time consuming if individual items are not added via a file upload. Even when set up, multiple screens are required to set up brands, sizes, and flavors. Need to use a scanner for easy, fast, and effective pos checkouts.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019
Bobbie H.
Restaurants
  • Beoordeeld op 13-8-2016

"On it's way"

Pluspunten: When Shopkeep is running and everything is syncing it's wonderful. Easy to use, easy to train staff to use, the credit card signing page has increased tipping by 30%, reporting is fun to see without extra data entry.

Minpunten: When Shopkeep isn't running and syncing time moves so slowly. Resetting the credit card machine over and over during a busy time is awful. Resetting the ticket printers then updating the ipads when we are busy is miserable. Having them just not re set and paying more to manually enter credit card numbers sucks. Having the printers just not reset and having to go back to hand writing and running tickets to the kitchen is the worst. When the ipads don't sync so we can't pull checks at the register for customers who didn't order at the register and well that really sucks. A lot. Troubleshooting with customer service on this last issue was pretty bad. They would go back to the beginning and tell me to restart the ipads as if I wouldn't have tried that considering we experience them not syncing at least every other day. I have had to get a new router and faster internet to try and solve it. We still experience the ipads not syncing at least every other day even with the expensive upgrades. And lastly reading the summary report to understand what amount of cash you are intended to deposit daily is very confusing. I was told different things by different reps and this led to a daily error we had to go back and fix weeks after we discovered it. Is cash total with your initial drawer amount or not and why doesn't it automatically subtract cash Pay Outs or does it in fact do that? Well we figured it out finally it does not include your starting cash but does include not exclude your Pay Outs. Seems dumb for such a smart system. But worse seems dumb customer service gave different information on different days.

• Beoordeeld op 13-8-2016
Kristine T.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020

"Shopkeep Locks up during service"

Opmerkingen: Frustrating. Disappointing.

Pluspunten: Easy to get going. At this point, I don't have a lot of good to say.

Minpunten: During service hours, we have a long line..shopkeep locks up and takes 5 minutes to get going again. This was not a once in a while thing but EVERY SINGLE DAY. Contacting customer service and they don't have an answer except for uninstalling program and rebooting. Really, during high volume with a line of people looking at you wondering what is taking so long. We are going to eat the $90 monthly service fee just to get out of this POS POS system. I thought I was very careful and thoughtful about my POS..I made a mistake. Don't do the same thing I did by choosing Shop Keep.

van ShopKeep op 19-5-2020

Hi Kristine,
Thank you so much for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your recent experience. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate team members. They are currently reviewing your account and will be reaching out to you directly to help resolve.
-The ShopKeep Team

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020
Ryan M.
  • Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

"System freezes and quickbooks integration doesn't work from day 1"

Opmerkingen: Customer service hold times are long, no results. Will probably switch to a competitor.

Pluspunten: I like the layout and functionality when it is working.

Minpunten: Cannot customize easily. Non cash gratuities feature is great but when you do a payout for tips this amount should decrease but it doesn't. Quickbooks integration doesn't work from day one. Customer service promises results that don't go anywhere. You cannot get a supervisor on the phone, they must submit a calendar invite (still waiting for this). Paying full price for a partially functional system.

• Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019
Kevin C.
LLC-Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 21-7-2017

"Getting better but still needs work"

Opmerkingen: Be careful with BYOD equipment (they prefer you buy from them). I recently added a wireless receipt printer and had problems with the system printing multiple receipts. When I contacted support they stated my solution is not supported but they would try to help me. The problem got fixed by deleting all three printers and re-adding them but I was concerned about the not support comment. Seems like they are way behind on current technology.

Pluspunten: Quick to learn and easy to operate. A recent update made navigating tabs easier if you have more than one screens worth of tabs.

Minpunten: Serverless sync needs work. If you have a second register you do not open shifts on very often, you will have to clear out old tickets on it before you can use it without confusion.
Would love to be able to view, adjust, and receive inventory from a single screen. If you have lots of adjustments to do, you have to run a report and print it then go to adjust or receive separately.
Just raised monthly subscription prices 30%+ unless you committed paying to at least two years in advance. Who knows where you might be in two years?

• Beoordeeld op 21-7-2017
Nelson O.
  • Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020

"bad customer service"

Opmerkingen: DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM unless you are very good at internet technology and enjoy troubleshooting and restarting your systems frequently. They will not help you beyond the most basic information

Pluspunten: when the system is working it's quite easy to use. The base level customer service is pretty good and the hold times are very short. basic help is available 24/7 because they use call centers in different parts of the world, most often Ireland

Minpunten: When you have a problem, you start over very time with a different agent who follows the same flow chart and regurgitates the same information. It's IMPOSSIBLE to speak to any kind of manager. To receive more advanced advice requires an escalated appointment which often takes days. They will always blame your network for all connectivity issues and will not assist you any further after that. Next time you have an issue, you go back to the beginning and start from scratch with a complete stranger. Also this system requires EXTENSIVE internet technology knowledge on site all the time. We trouble shoot and diagnose internet and connectivity issues multiple times a week.

• Beoordeeld op 10-9-2020
Dave H.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 1-6-2020

"Overall disappointment with Shopkeep"

Opmerkingen: I wasn't finished with "cons" but I ran out of available space. I moved to Shopkeep from Quicken POS, almost entirely because I didn't want to be locked into a Windows platform. If I were to do it over again, I would elect to have stayed with Quicken POS and just bit the bullet on a new Windows machine. Shopkeep has been a disappointment. I listened to the salesman and jumped right in. If you are considering the switch, do not make it without doing a thorough test of the Shopkeep capabilities for yourself.

Pluspunten: Support is easy to access. Some support staff are knowledgeable, but most just refer to the instructions on the built-in "Help" menus.

Minpunten: 1. No provisions for collecting "state sales" tax only.
2. No provisions for changing the date of the sales register to recover unrecorded ecommerce sales from the previous month.
3. Does not integrate with BigCommerce, as was promised during the purchasing process.
4. Entering multiple similar items is cumbersome, since there is no "copy" function that allows you to use all the information from the previous entry except for changing the SKU or product name. You have to re-type every field.
5. When going to a new screen, the cursor does not position itself automatically at what would be the normal starting field for the screen.
6. Backoffice does not recognize the hand held bar code scanner that the register program recognizes. You need a separate scanner for both programs.
7. If, after typing in all the information for a new product in inventory in backoffice, you make an error in field type, the system shows you an error message, but instead of retaining all the correct information on the screen except for the field with the error, the system makes you re-type all the fields again.
8. You cannot set the default value on the backoffice screen for entering new items, thereby allowing you to save on keystrokes. So if a high percentage of your categories are "shoes", you would expect the program would allow the default value to be "shoes", or whatever the user finds most efficient. Not with shopkeep.
9 The backoffice screen doesn't scroll to new fields.

van ShopKeep op 10-6-2020

Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback and have passed it on to our customer care and product teams. Next month, we're releasing a feature that will let you collect state sales tax only. We also released an update last week that will fix the bug that was causing number 7. As for the rest of your list, please stay tuned for pop up notifications in BackOffice that will notify you when our new features are expected to be released. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with our team directly, please reach out to [email protected]
The ShopKeep Team

• Beoordeeld op 1-6-2020
Darin S.
  • Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

"Choose Shopkeep for Concern, Response and Continued Improvement!"

Opmerkingen: Overall I have been very happy with Shopkeep. After using it a year I migrated to Square for Retail thinking it would give me everything I needed (in-store and mobile option) in one system. It was a horrible experience for me (unable to print labels from within the app, had to create my own sku system, inventory didn't provide detail I needed) and I RAN AS FAST AS I COULD back to Shopkeep!

Pluspunten: Easy to use, intuitive, flexible, the product has continued to improve and evolve in the 4.5 years I've been using it. 24 hr. assistance

Minpunten: I wish there was a way to download Inventory by supplier or category. The ability to download and print or at least just print more reports would be helpful. Becoming increasingly difficult to get assistance in a timely manner without carrying the premium pay level of service. I occasionally do off-site events such as as festivals, and have group events where I need to ring up wine purchases. Unfortunately these don't occur frequently enough to justify paying a monthly fee for a second register so for those types of things we have to use the Square App and then manually adjust inventory.

Lonnie F.
  • Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019

"Great software for a reasonable price"

Opmerkingen: I can’t say enough good things about this quality built, easy to use and amazingly dependable system. I haven’t had not one minute of downtime and pairing that with an expert technical support team you can focus your needs on the growth of the business rather than the operations. I will continue to use Shopkeep as long as they will let me.

Pluspunten: Ease of implementation along with ongoing technical support that doesn’t just blow you off when you need them. It’s a very robust system that includes all the features I need most in an easy to use format.

Minpunten: My only negative comment would be toward the purchase order system that is a bit lacking in functionality and tends to be a bit glitchy.

• Beoordeeld op 15-10-2019
Carrie B.
Shop Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019

"ShopKeep for Your Little Shop"

Opmerkingen: Our experience over the last year and a half has been positive. We are satisfied with everything that we are able to do with ShopKeep and look forward to adding features as our business grows. I would recommend this system to other businesses.

Pluspunten: When I was originally shopping for a POS system, I was a new buyer. I have new how to use different system but was never the decision maker. I researched for price, ease of use, payroll capabilities and tech support. ShopKeep ticked all the boxes. It is easy to update when we add new products or change pricing. It is easy to check the time clock and adjust for missed punches. We have had a few occasions to use the customers service and each time were met with excellent service and immediate action to resolve our issues.

Minpunten: The upgrades are pricey for a small business but I don’t think it is much different than other systems that are available. We are a new, small business and value the bottom line more than the bells and whistles. As our business grows it is nice to know that the capabilities are there to grow with us.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019
Maria C.
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Awesome User Friendly POS system"

Opmerkingen: I have recommended Shopkeep to everyone I see. I am not sure if it turned int new users but I’m sure my good vibes have trickled down in the community for Shopkeep. My staff also tells customers the POS system that we use and highly recommend it from a users perspective. I started in. September 6 years I believe and no one in Staten Island had a Shopkeep account so I would be interested to see how many accounts there are now and can guarantee some of those are due to the good reviews I give to fellow business owners and customers.

Pluspunten: I Love that I could set up the list of products myself with very little direction or training in the back office. I love that I can see sales remotely using the App on my smart phone. I love the ease of accessing holidays sales from the previous years so that I can better prepare for this years holiday. I love that the staff can learn this after 5 minutes and conduct a sale all by themselves with their first customer.

Minpunten: I wish that the software was able to be used in my new cafe whereby people sit down in my dining area and have waitress service. I wish they had a table layout program to facilitate this need I have in my newest business.

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Kelly B.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2019

"Overall FANTASTIC!!"

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love the system! The customer service is above anything I could ask for! EVERY time I call, each representative knows exactly what I am talking about, and has an answer for me! Quality!!

Pluspunten: I handle many herbs that are weighed by the ounce. SK lets me set a price by the ounce, that it calculates when I right up the sale. I love this!
I love the connection to QuickBooks and Mailchimp. I do not have a website yet, but will love when I do, that it can be linked as well!

Minpunten: A few things I would LOVE to see implemented are:
1. A linked-in mobile device (not the $300 one you currently offer that doesn't connect to SK). One that is actually linked into the inventory, and can be used when I have booth events outside of my hard location, during it's business hours.
2. In the items with variations, PLEASE let me move around the variations! I add new variations frequently (as I get new things in), and it would make it so simple if I could alphabetize them as I go. They are all just as I've added them now (out of order!). Also with the tabs, can I please be able to edit the names of the variations as well? Once you've entered the name of the variation, you can't edit the it at all right now.

• Beoordeeld op 29-6-2019
Jody D.
Director of Support Services
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019

"Best out there"

Opmerkingen: We do have an IT department that manages most aspects of shopkeep, including maintaining products, iPad layouts, hardware, networking and reports, so we're fortunate in that respect, but in the few instances that we've contacted ShopKeep for help, they have been very responsive and proactive in getting us up-and-running quickly.

Pluspunten: Shopkeep is really easy to use and set up - there is optional customizability and granularity that allows a company to operate as complex a retail or food service business as any small or medium business would want, yet it is scalable to a small business with less complexity too. We are a small, rural hospital with an outstanding Cafe (some people come to the hospital just for the food, and it is considered one of the best places to eat in our community). We use Shopkeep to run the Cafe for employees (who can swipe their ID badge to do a payroll-deduct for their meals), and visitors. In addition, we have a mobile register (iPad) that our dietary staff uses to visit patients on our inpatient wing at meal times to take patient food orders as well. Our patients LOVE this!

Minpunten: We have been very pleased with the product, and have been using it for over 5 years. The issues we've had are related to the hardware (iPads) and the payment terminal hardware. Even so, these issues have been exceedingly infrequent.

• Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
Alaina G.

"Great Product"

Opmerkingen: I have loved this system since I got it at the beginning of 2019. The customer service is AWESOME. The credit card rates are great. Great reporting tools and the app is so handy.

Pluspunten: The price and features were exactly what I was looking for. The credit card rates are unbeatable.

Minpunten: There are a few things in the inventory management area that I would change to take less “steps” to accomplish certain tasks but all in all it has all of the features I need to manage my inventory.

James J.
Owner Operator
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-6-2019

"Ease of Use Front End and Back End"

Opmerkingen: Over all I am very happy with Shopkeep. We have 3 registers in a diverse small resort business with a Restaurant, Gas Station, C Store, Bar, Package Liquor, Lodge, Campground etc... We are able to adapt the system to work in all areas by setting up different pages for different areas of the business or used in combination as the transaction categories are available on all 3 registers whether being used at the bar, in the restaurant or at the lodge & c store. Customer Service has been great. Set up was done by myself which says just about anyone can do it.

Pluspunten: Easy Set Up and functionality. Training employees on system is relatively simple and repetition is all it takes after the initial introduction. Changes to item/ menu in the back office are drag & drop which makes an easy quick process to adapting to changing environments. The equipment integration is great. I can do work and/or monitor the system from remote locations in the back office if I happen to be away from the property. Credit card processing/ tracking and reports are easy to work with. Report resources are almost endless and you can pretty much find what you need in the reports availabe.

Minpunten: I do not like the Discarded Item feature. It opens up to theft of items or cash payment of items set at zero default price with price on modifiers and does not track the Items themselves. There is no manager permission option for discarded items or at the very least an explanation/ reason code option. I would rather have it set up like the
Void Option or not exist. Tracking the Item and the item price and/or modifier price with reason codes and manager permission options would be great for the discarded item feature. It would be nice to have a few more payment options such as ATM (currently use Pay Out and note ATM then ring the transaction with the cash) The ability to over tender a check for tipping would be a great feature. We still have a few patrons who write checks.

Rena G.
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 7-8-2017

"The worst customer service I have ever received"

Opmerkingen: I have been a loyal customer for 5 years with 2 restaurants and Shopkeep in both restaurants and I would not but it in another shopkeep system based on the customer service that I have had recently.

Pluspunten: Shopkeep is easy to use for anyone. The back office is helpful and provides good information. I like that you can customize the pages to fit your needs.

Minpunten: Shopkeep's customer service is really bad. I rarely have an issue that I need to call Shopkeep about, usually I can trouble shoot most of the issues that we have. However, when I do have a problem, the people that answer the customer service lines seem to have very little or no knowledge of their own system. The people they hire repeat things over and over instead of trying to problem solve. On one call, the person kept putting me on hold and asking someone what I was asking him and then he would get back to me. It seems as though before they try to trouble shoot they try to blame it on something else. They usually try to blame it on my internet provider before they finish hearing what my problem is. Today when I called, I asked to speak with a supervisor because the CS person didn't know how to resolve my issue. He said there was no supervisor there today. What kind of unprofessional business is this that they don't have anyone to help when the CS person can't. In addition, call wait times are ridiculously long. Lastly, there is a real problem with their system that allows employees to steal money with their void system. I have told them several times for over a year that their system should be able to produce a report for all checks that are voided. They have not considered it a priority since a year later there is still no report for voided tickets. I had an employee steal thousands of dollars from me due to Shopkeep not being able to produce a voided checks report.

• Beoordeeld op 7-8-2017
Adam G.
  • Beoordeeld op 28-7-2017

"It seems they have gone downhill....."

Opmerkingen: If someone asks for a call don't email. I have lots of questions and need someone knowledgeable for a few minutes to answer them all. Email is inefficient when one of your "answers" leads to more questions and you can't get responses slowly. I would love one person to take ownership of issues and be in easily reachable until the issue is resolved. I don't like having to talk to a new person every time.

Pluspunten: The system is fairly easy to use and my new employees are able to learn it quickly. The bird's eye view is very helpful in knowing how we are doing day to day. I really like the comparisons to the same day last year and last month to see we grow month after month. I like the free MailChimp integration, They recently made a lot of updates that have made the system better and returns smoother.

Minpunten: It seems they are slow to implement updates, they didn't have an android phone app until recently and you can't see tons of info on it. I wish you could pull up past inventory values for specific days or time periods. The EMV capability on our card reader took well over a year to go active. The battery on the ICMP card reader dies in about 30 minutes of being unplugged not even used. You can't edit saved checks and can't do exchanges. They have a newer integration with BigCommerce that I was excited about because we already have a BC store and have to manually sync the inventory between the two. The problem is the integration isn't working with our store and they don't seem to know why. They have escalated the issue and supposedly the Q&A team is working on it but it's been over a month with no progress and it takes days for them to respond to requests for updates. They recently increased the price which is a large percentage increase. I've called service several times and asked for a manager to talk to and no one is ever available. I was told I'd get called back and one time a "lead" emailed me back and never responded to my follow-up email when I asked for a call. I then called again and asked for a manager and was told someone would call me back in 24 hours and no one ever did. I am now actively looking at other systems to replace Shopkeep because they don't call me back. I even tried to look for a regular non "800" number to call and attempt to call and speak to a supervisor but one doesn't seem to exist. I thought the customer service was good in the past but recently it has been horrible.

van Catherine op 3-8-2017

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your feedback. We've been actively trying to get in touch with you hoping that we can address some of your concerns. We will continue to reach out to you but please don't hesitate to contact us directly by responding to the most recent email you received from us.

The ShopKeep Team

• Beoordeeld op 28-7-2017
Christopher B.
Operations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 10-1-2017

"Rescued us from a POS of perpetual problems"

Opmerkingen: When we first transitioned from a legacy POS to an iPad-based POS, we'd gone with another product that seemed perfect. Unfortunately, that product was like buying a house and discovering a day in and day out that it was full of mold, had cracks in the foundation and other structural problems, and the repair people tasked with helping you seemed trained to make things worse. It required constant attention in order to ensure very basic functionality, crashed constantly, caused massive headaches with credit card processing, and everyone from our account rep to her bosses to "tech support" was so clueless, one could write a sitcom with the stories. We shopped around for our replacement, making sure to ask all the questions and investigate to the best of our abilities so as not to end up in the same place. We found ShopKeep and could not be more pleased with the results. I cannot overstate how completely opposite every interaction with ShopKeep has been compared with the competitor we replaced. Every question has been answered satisfactorily, every issue dealt with (and not forgotten by an overwhelmed support crew), and every guarantee upheld. Even better, the application itself functions as advertised, so we are not spending actual hours of our time making something work; it just works. We don't experience crashing, lost data, unsolvable credit card processing nightmares, and the rare calls to tech support are quick and painless. There may not be as many back-end bells and whistles in terms of reporting and inventory, but these are always in development, and I feel comfortable saying that when these new elements are introduced they will function as described. The app is clean, intuitive to learn, easy to use, and the resources made available, detailed online instructions, videos, etc. combined with helpful, engaged, communicative staff at all levels have made ShopKeep a hero to us. If I ever notice ShopKeep being used at another business, I always make a point to ask about it and find the same enthusiastic appreciation I'm trying to convey here. (Whereas I do the same with the competitor we ditched, and always see their eyes glaze over.) I highly recommend ShopKeep and know that users will be as satisfied as we are to have found them.

Pluspunten: Clean design, easy & intuitive to learn, very stable i.e. does not crash, connectivity has never been an issue, back-office works well in its current format. Tech support always available, helpful, and willing to go the extra step to help when they do not immediately have the answer. Simplicity, meaning one is not overwhelmed with more features than one could use (and which could be rendered pointless if overall stability is a challenge). Fairly flexible layout for the iPad menus. Very straightforward to set-up, and the online resources are comprehensive. I taught myself everything in an afternoon, and staff all took to it quite easily. I have not had to spend hours and hours trying to establish functionality with a line of customers staring at me.

Minpunten: BackOffice reporting could be a little more comprehensive and with more user control in terms of personalization. Bulk editing and management of inventory/stock items is nice, but individual item edits can be time-consuming if one is only working on 5 items (vs. 50).

• Beoordeeld op 10-1-2017
Dan P.
CTO
  • Beoordeeld op 9-1-2017

"Fantastic Retail Point of Sale System"

Opmerkingen: Shopkeep has been an incredible system for us. We've been using it for just over two years now and are extremely satisfied. For the price, you will not find a better system anywhere, and trust me, I've done the research. The cashier end of the system is very intuitive and easy to learn. Teaching my new staff how to use it is a breeze. Customizing the screens makes it easy to sort products by page and button color. The back end of the system is just as easy to use. The built-in analytics can quickly bring up a great overview of how your business is doing. Inventory management is fantastic and very easy to manage. Importing and exporting inventory, customers, sales, etc... is all effortless and great for analyzing data outside of Shopkeep. The App and web-based back office are constantly being updated and improved. Support staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and have always been great at providing us solutions. For anyone who is looking for a great system for a small retail business that is cost efficient, has great customer support, and is easy to use, look no further... This is the system for you. The only cons to this system is that you can't manage or transfer inventory between stores in the same back office. You will have to switch between stores and manually add/subtract inventory for each store. Another great feature missing is a separation of stock between the storefront and a storage area. These are features probably better suited to a larger retailer who would need a more capable system but features Shopkeep should consider in their development. Overall we are very pleased with the system. You can't go wrong!

Pluspunten: Ease of Use. This is some of the most intuitive software I've ever used. It literally took me a couple of hours to learn the system inside and out and my staff is able to count on me for answers any time and I have no problem providing them quick solutions.

Minpunten: I would really like to see a way that we could consolidate store management into a single back office so that we could transfer stock quickly and easily between stores. Also, if there was a way to have a back stock/storefront separation for inventory, it would save us an insane amount of time with our inventory management control.

• Beoordeeld op 9-1-2017
Ariel J.

"Shopkeep"

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Easy to print UPCs straight from the software. Easy to read the data. I like that Shopkeep processes their own credit cards because then you only have one customer service agent to call when there is an issue.

Minpunten: Bulk Management is not easy to use because there are many nuances that bring up a lot of issues/errors. It doesn't let you activate inventory counts once they are turned false.

Jason V.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

"i'm into it"

Opmerkingen: it's been great. purchasing and installing it was easy and hassle free. so.....

Pluspunten: shopkeep works very very well for us we are a full service floral/design and retail store. We had switched after the first year of using another pos system that was absolutely horrible so shopkeep is a breathe of fresh air. It's easy. It's easy to use. to change things in the back office. easy to get help from customer service if i need it. It's easy for my accounting dept to integrate and access all the info and reports that they need on the daily. I really don't have any complaints. I've talked to some bigger companies within the same industry so I know that shopkeep will be able to grow with us for sure.

Minpunten: don't really have any. it does everything that we need it to do.

Matt S.
Landbouw, 2-10 werknemers

"Best Decision We Made"

Opmerkingen: It has been a great experience. From startup, how easy it is to use and train new employees on to tech support

Pluspunten: Everything. The ease of use and how it never lets us down. If we do have issues, Shopkeep is very quick and responsive to getting us back up and running

Minpunten: Could use a few more options on the back office